Ya boy Poogs want to make one final video to remember Telltale and us forum members

edited September 2018 in General Chat

Hey everyone. Its ya boy Poogs. Im sure everyone knows the news by now about Telltale going under which I think we all are pretty sad about. It really sucks for everyone involved, but I wanted to do one more thing for all of us as a community, just one big video going over Telltale's success, sort of like a timeline. The video would include Telltale's legacy from 2012 starting with Walking Dead Season 1 and end at well, today. I'll go over the ups and downs, the successes and not successes over the years, and most importantly, a time line and record of all of our time here. I want to make a video that not only goes over Telltale, but about the Telltale forums, and everyone involved and thats where I need your guys help.

My plan is to try and involve as many people as possible in this video. For one I want you guys to tell me in the comments what your favorite "time periods" here on the forums and how important they were here. For example things like Kenny vs Jane, Rhyiona vs Rhysha, ANF's release, ect ect. Tell me all about events that happened here that you want to be remembered. And they can be more than just debates about the games themselves, they can be things such as "remember that time this crazy thing happened on the forums?" stuff like that. Things like general chat feel free to mention, it doesnt need to be 100% connected to a Telltale game (but try to be.)

Second, if you want, in a short paragraph, say what you loved about the Telltale forums and your favorite memories (this can tie into part 1)

and Third please vote in this straw poll for what your favorite Telltale game of all time was:

https://www.strawpoll.me/16503665

Keep adding to this thread more and more. Im going to keep grabbing more of the stuff you tell me to add to the video about the life and death of Telltale and all the memorable moments on the forums. Ill then put it all together and you'll all hear my A+ commentary too as thats like, a plus.

But for real, everyone say events you want to remember on this timeline, I really want this to be a video for everyone to remember our time here. Hope we all enjoy these last few months together. (PS Blind please make me mod for just 3 months man cmon dog)

Comments

• "remember that time this crazy thing happened on the forums?"

Remember that time Telltale put an image of a real assassinated body of a foreign ambassador into their Batman game?? Good times...

I'm just ribbing but yeah can't wait to watch the video :smile:

• You and I differed in our shipping preferences, but I'll always remember the Rhysha and Rhyiona battles. Pretty much all of TFTBL's run was an amazing, enjoyable, and often times hilarious time to be on the forums. One of my favorites was also when Telltale did their whole 2017 Summer Update, when they officially announced Batman S2, TFS, and of course, TWAU S2. To see everyone's excitement over it, a game they have begged years for to make to finally be confirmed was probably the happiest I've ever seen these forums. While it ultimately ended in sadness, I remember those times, as with all times on these forums, with very fond memories.

• (PS Blind please make me mod for just 3 months man cmon dog)

Never, not even until the last second the servers are still up :triumph:

[Jokes aside, I actually think this sounds like a cool idea and has potential for some positive vibes. I'd suggest the Wolf 2 reveal as one highlight, even if it never came to pass.]

• Also Poogs, if you're looking for help with the project, I'd love to assist in any way I can. Some extra voice over narration, some help editing, or just coming up with some ideas or stuff to put in the video, if you need anything, I'm here.

• Maybe you two and a few other forum users could do a collab?

Also Poogs, if you're looking for help with the project, I'd love to assist in any way I can. Some extra voice over narration, some help editing, or just coming up with some ideas or stuff to put in the video, if you need anything, I'm here.

• Hey Poogs, you rock. Not sure if I said it enough, but you do. :)

• I'd think that would be a pretty cool thing to do.

Maybe you two and a few other forum users could do a collab?

• honestly forgot that lmao perfect to add!

Cocoa2736 posted: »

"remember that time this crazy thing happened on the forums?" Remember that time Telltale put an image of a real assassinated body o

• Ill let you know fam!

Also Poogs, if you're looking for help with the project, I'd love to assist in any way I can. Some extra voice over narration, some help editing, or just coming up with some ideas or stuff to put in the video, if you need anything, I'm here.

• Is there some deadline to this poogs?
    Just wondering.

• My favourite time on these forums was when Episode 1 of The Final Season was released. The Reception that Episode 1 received made this such a positive and enjoyable place to be in. Another one of my favourite moments on these forums is when I first made my account and met all of you amazing people! It was a pleasure to meet you all :heart: Thank you for creating this Discussion @Poogers555 it has been a pleasure to meet you and check out your memes :smile:

I love you all so much :heart:

• edited September 2018

Some repressed traumatic shit

The hype for Episode 6 of Game of Thrones and the interactive fanfiction threads were pretty fun too.

• Well at first I thought I would gather it over like 2 months and release it before the final episode of the final season, but right now it seems episode 2 might be the last episode so...

Maybe like a week? idk lets say a week for safety lmao

AChicken posted: »

Is there some deadline to this poogs? Just wondering.

• You know, I did a great job of erasing that from my memory, and now you just brought that back. Just what I needed after today.

TheFurryOne posted: »

Some repressed traumatic shit The hype for Episode 6 of Game of Thrones and the interactive fanfiction threads were pretty fun too.

• Sounds like a good idea

• Juice box

• edited September 2018

I’ll never forget the fond memories I had here on the forums when Tales from the Borderlands first started coming out monthly. It was such a wonderful game with no major downsides that practically turned me into a shipper and I’ll never forget those good times I had with so many cool and funny folks on the forums.

“I’m really sad it’s over.”

“Who knows? Maybe it’s just the beginning.”

• Assoldier, holy shit was those the days. Good times... Goooood Times

• Congrats fam, I know how Imma end this fuckin video now.

J-Master posted: »

I’ll never forget the fond memories I had here on the forums when Tales from the Borderlands first started coming out monthly. It was such a

• ohh man.. i took a long hiatus off this sub since the release of TFTBL because i didn't feel the need to discuss things anymore, its bitter that i came back to hear this news.
    my 1st game of telltale was TWD S2 and that ending i will never forget, the talks we had in the forums and theories on what the next game will be.. truly was the end of a Era.
    also i want to mention how awesome the wolf among us was and how as a community we deserved a 2nd season! more than batman or minecraft. oh well, it was fun while it lasted and i wont forget the days where we had actual discussions and not complaints all the time.
    also poogs and Blind, was good interacting with ya'll on the forums and many more, thank you all. :smiley:

• edited September 2018
  • Assoldier was the best ship on the forums (aside from Gabentine). Haters from the Tales forums can come at me :triumph:

Assoldier, holy shit was those the days. Good times... Goooood Times

• Well I'll tell you what wasn't fun, the wait for Wolf episode 2. The discussion on the other hand was fucking great with everyone speculating what the rewrites were all about and who the supposed killer was. TWAU forums overall were a great place for discussion back in the day. Man, I wish I had those days back. Those were the golden years for Telltale.

It honestly breaks my heart that we won't get to see Season 2. I was hyped af especially when the devs actually started interacting with us and asking what we liked about the first season. It seemed like the devs really listened to us for once and judging by the tweets that they have been posting it was shaping to be an amazing sequel. Rip wolfie.

Biggo the Wolf is definitely one of the more recent highlights on these forums though. That shit was gold.

• Biggo the Wolf is definitely one of the more recent highlights on these forums though. That shit was gold.

Blind Sniper original creation, patent pending, donut steel do not steal

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited September 2018

I've had a lot of good memories on these forums. The April Fools tradition to unlock and bump the "Did anyone ever tell you your logo looks like Mickey Mouse" thread, hosting the unofficial 2014 Telltale Halloween Contest (and entering in the official Telltale contests), the collaborative comic Torpedo Rock: Detective For Hire, among a bunch of others.

My ultimate favorite is the Telltale Deck 'o Cards Project. We got SO close to finishing that one. Anyone want to help me make a push to finish it before Telltale closes down?

As a sad side note, I got permission from Caroline Liddick (Telltale's Community Media Manager) to bring back Telltale websites from the past. I brought back Dudebrough.com in May, and I'm working on more. I guess it's going to be a complete Telltale website archive project at this point. :(

• Listen here blind, we all know Im the originator of Biggo the Wolf, do not steal my memes even in these dying times !

Biggo the Wolf is definitely one of the more recent highlights on these forums though. That shit was gold. Blind Sniper original creation, patent pending, donut steel do not steal

• Even though I haven't been really active on here in a while, this place was so important to me growing up as cheesy as that sounds. This is really sad to me but in the end we can always remember the awesome memories we all had on here, and some of TT's games will be remembered forever and that's all I can hope for.

Also this is a really good idea. :smile:

• I remember how we slowly went crazy waiting for the 3rd episode of TFTB. Think it took even longer than the second one. Looking back at it now, it was super fun, even if a bit excruciating :smiley:

The whole TFTB run was amazing, I met so many wonderful people thanks to it. We were drawing stuff together, playing games (remember Team Fortress matches between Rhyiona and Rhysha? That was awesome). It felt like home here.

It's sad that "the era" is ending, but I'm grateful for the time it lasted.

• edited September 2018

My favorite time period in the history of Telltale Games was the "TWAU - Fables era." Those were the most vibrant days for me in terms of how passionate I was about a comic book (Fables, back then, it was still ongoing), and a Telltale game(Wolf). Events that I specially want to be remembered are:

• Bigby's transformation into his werewolf form (his first major transformation, compared to his previous slight transformations) , and player's decision whether to kill or not kill Tweedle Dum.
    • Bigby and Snow's tender moment in his apartment (after Swineheart treats Bigby) before getting interrupted by Colin (not a fight scene, but as a huge Snigby fan, I loved it).
    • Bigby's transformation into his final "Big, Bad Wolf" true form, and using his 'huff-and-puff' technique to defeat Bloody Mary (it was, the ultimate badass moment).

I also loved talking about Fables, especially with my friends @HazzatheMan @Jacol and many other people - we would spend long time discussing the volumes of the main series, the spinoffs, and what Telltale games could possibly explore in season 2, and what we would do when season 2 starts releasing etc. Those were the times where I was most filled with joy and happiness, and while I grew to love other Telltale games (that came afterwards) as well (such as Batman Telltale games), no other game has captured my attention, and made me so passionate about, as much as Wolf (and whenever I read my Fable books, I always hear Adam and Erin's voice whenever I read Bigby and Snow's lines!).

Telltale will soon be all gone, and I'm really sad to see it end, but you guys all gave us truly memorable, life-changing experience through TWAU and several other games, so thank you.

Love,
    from CoolGuyJ,
    a Telltale games community member

• BOOMBOX CHEETOOOOSSSSSS

Plan_R posted: »

Juice box

• [Post traumatic stress disorder intensifies]

BOOMBOX CHEETOOOOSSSSSS

• edited September 2018

My favorite TellTale moment in their games were

• Rodrik and Asher's sacrifice. (It caught me off guard and had a hard time choosing who would be sacrificed.)
    • Clementine and Kenny walking away from Wellington.
    • Lee's death (The fact that they were able to make so many emotions happen throughout the episode was amazing.)

My favorite TellTale forums moment was when I was saying how awesome Episode 3 was of Batman Season 1 and Emily Grace responded to my comment, it was such an amazing feeling having TellTale developers reading through our comments. I also want to say that TellTale forums members like Achieve250, Poogers, Blind Sniper, and many, many other members were such an amazing group of people that I can't put into words. I just wanna say how thankful I am for meeting you all. I wish the TellTale team good luck in their lives and nothing but the best! Thank you for everything TellTale Games!

• edited September 2018

Ooh I have two Poogers moments of note.

• That moment when Poogers was verbally mentioned in that one Player's Space opening.
    • Blind Sniper RIGGING the Mod elections by redacting all trace of Poogers as potential candidate (if someone has a link to this post I'd love to revisit it).
  • holy fuck how did you get that video I thought it was delete omg

AChicken posted: »

Ooh I have two Poogers moments of note. * That moment when Poogers was verbally mentioned in that one Player's Space opening. * Blind

• It was probably just unlisted, not removed.

Poogers555 posted: »

holy fuck how did you get that video I thought it was delete omg

• edited September 2018

Well, I think they've all been unlisted but if you go to my Megathread I made way back when last year, it's essentially become an archive for each episode.

The links all work afaik.

Poogers555 posted: »

holy fuck how did you get that video I thought it was delete omg

• I’ll miss you most of all, poogs man ?

• I think my favorite period for this forum was after Season 2's end and the wait for Season 3, people were so excited about any detail that came out, there were still fights about Kenny or Jane (which was funny to look at), there were crazy theories and of course people spamming "If you don't break the ice Bonny dies" in the "Details you didn't notice" thread.

What I loved about these forums is how different each of us are but our love for TT brought us all here where the differences don't matter anymore because we are here just to enjoy and talk about our favorite games and for the most part people here have always been nice to each other even when arguing over something.

• Damn, how the time flies. I remember when I first joined this community back in january 2014, almost 5 years ago. My life was fucked back then, and this place and the love for telltale games helped me get thro most of the days.

Last time I visited this place was over 3 years ago. After hearing the sad news about telltale closing, I had to log in for the last time.

Thank you for some great memories

• My favorite period, which I call the Golden Age, was during Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones. It was the time where I had the most fun with Telltale Games. I loved the adventures of Rhys and Fiona and the Forrester Family. I became a Rhyiona shipper to have fun and spent some time while waiting for the episodes to get released.

While I am sad that we may not see Telltale releasing a Season 2, the memories I have created will be a fond one for the rest of my rest.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.