Ya boy Poogs want to make one final video to remember Telltale and us forum members

12346»

Comments

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited September 2018

So, since I haven't bothered checking in since the bad news dropped (and then some good news just happened today that finally encouraged me to get back on here), I figured it's about time to finally make a response.

This seemed to be the thread everyone was leaving their thoughts in, calling out a few people here and there.

I might have not always been the most pleasant guy on here at times, I might not have always been a big fan of TWD section... but this here forum was pretty damn cozy for the most part. Lots of good people here, lots of good discussion, lots of good memes and jokes.

Truth be told, I'm really not the best when it comes to the serious, sappy talk. So I'm just gonna leave it at this: thanks to basically everyone on here for all the fun times, all the cool discussions, all the cool shit people posted about in the 'Details' thread(s), and all the people that put up with all my awful jokes and puns over the years, and multitude of posts in the aforementioned 'Details' thread(s).

I'd tag a few specific people but, I don't feel right putting anyone above anyone else in particular. So screw it, I'm just raising a glass to all of you. Each and every person here. You can't actually see me raising a glass (and it's not technically a glass either) but I am raising something in honor of everyone right now.

And finally, I don't know if this is going to be my last ever post on here or not, but just in case it does end up being the last, I want to go out on a high note, so here's a picture of a guy in a giant banana costume kicking another guy wearing a dog suit. Or maybe it's a cow? I'm really not sure:

• Saw all the shit about telltale in the news and finally dropped by again. I kept meaning to post here again but never got around to it.

@InGen_Nate_Kenny cant believe you mentioned me man. Had some great times on these forums with you guys.

• vegan vs carnivore

Deltino posted: »

So, since I haven't bothered checking in since the bad news dropped (and then some good news just happened today that finally encouraged me

• Cows are vegans too :D

sarahsenpai posted: »

vegan vs carnivore

• ???

Cows are vegans too

• Damn.

Time took for the new to kick in France and here I am. It's been months I didn't come here (thought I'd come back when TW last season would be finished or at the first next Batman news but it doesn't look like to happen)

I have some memories linked to these games. Memories with my brothers first and, with my first internship, when things finally start to get good, buying TftB as a reward (and going to work with those epic soundtracks was awesome).

I discovered the forum with the asher x randomsoldier thread of @Winter-Storms. So many good memes in it and damn I loved those forums.

May it be for the political discussions with @BigBlindMax (seems like he's banned tho) and @TheAutisticGamer or all the memes posted on these forums. I'm glad to have participate to the Frank movement, even if my editing skill was shit.

And I'm forgetting a lot of people; some I didn't interact much with but enjoyed reading them @Pipas , @Squishy Cthulhu (I remember you too), @Markd4547 , @Blind Sniper , @Kateis , @Wolfenus54 , @lottii-lu ...
    And I'm probably forgetting a load of you.

There's one thing I didn't expect clearly when coming here today: that someone would actually mentions me on that forum after being away so long. Thank you @InGen_Nate_Kenny you were a great mod, protecting people from those pics in mp and handling those forums shouldn't have been easy everyday.

Aurevoir lads and thank you for these moments.

• Fistbump right backatcha.

Jennifer posted: »

It was awesome to be here for the many stages of Telltale, and truly great to be a part of the awesome mod team since 2012. I had good memor

• edited September 2018

I know the video is already made and I missed it because I wasn't on the forums, but thank you for mentioning me. The forums have a significant meaning in my life, since this is where I made my first Internet friendships as well as improved my writing and English skills. So obviously I am sad to see it go, no matter how inactive I've been lately.

So here are my sweetums from the top of my head and in a random order, I might add more when I'm not on mobile : @InKennyWeTrust @Pipas @dojo32161 @Deltino @ingen_nate_kenny @Poogers555 @LiquidChicagoTed @WildlingKing @OfficialMonkey @lotti-lu @karnedg2013 @eryka @davissons @retard0123 @bettertosleep @metallicarules @retalin Blind Sniper (it's difficult to tag you on mobile but I still love you) @wolfenus54 @bloop @abigbadwolf @dont_look_back @TheSloaningDead @captainivy1 @IronWoodLover @Ekelund21 @Donye

...and many more. If you're not here, don't despair, I probably don't know you because you became active after ANF's release which is when I migrated to Discord, or I know you but I don't know/remember your username.

Special kudos to those who endured my fanfics even if they got cancelled lol. They were pretty bad in retrospect and I'm a much better writer now. If I had redone them now, they would be decent at least. Though probably still nothing on the level of Chicago or InKennyWeTrust or Wildling.

Again, thanks for all the mentions and all the love. I like to think that you all taught me to be less of a cringy person. Or in some cases, more cringy. You know who you are.

• edited September 2018

Came back on to check everything.

I really appreciate that, dude. I’m amazed anyone even remembers me since I uh...kinda sorta left. But yeah it was fun getting to know you and many others here! I’ll make my last post or something soon, I think.

You take care, man. It’s been real.

Okay, so here's my formal "entry" into this. I joined the forums in November of 2014. I had lurked around here for a while, during Wolf a

• Dude, your fanfics were the real shit. I had so much fun with them. Be proud of yourself <3

Can you say your Discrod nickname? So we could keep in touch.

Crips posted: »

I know the video is already made and I missed it because I wasn't on the forums, but thank you for mentioning me. The forums have a signific

• Oh thanks lol. I'm glad you think that. I guess they helped me improve as a writer in the long run, especially in Submit Your OC's kind of stories, so I can't really diss them too much, but they still could've been better haha.

My Discord is Agrael#1261. If anyone else's interested, especially those from my sweetums list, feel free to add me.

Dude, your fanfics were the real shit. I had so much fun with them. Be proud of yourself Can you say your Discrod nickname? So we could keep in touch.

• The fact that some people actually tagged me here is unbelievable, I always thought that I'd be forgotten by basically everyone at this point.

I wanna say that this forum actually changed my life and helped me go through some rough shit that made me emotionally unstable. I'm really happy that I got to talk with some of you guys and I kinda feel bad for not being here as much.

Man, I gotta give props to Telltale for actually changing my life. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be part of this forum and I'd definitely be a victim to suicide. So I at least have to give them that.

However, if anyone wanna keep contact out of this forum just in case, you can always DM me for my Discord or social media or whatever (I feel shitty for saying this by the way, I'm basically self-promoting at this point).

But yeah. I wanna thank you guys and this community as a whole, cause it felt really nice having people to talk to about basically anything. <3

• Can't believe I got tagged here but, wow, this thread is such an emotional rollercoaster. I haven't been on the forums in such a long time but the fact that I was remembered by someone is amazing.

It's such an emotional time and it's hurts a lot but I will never forget all the times on here, with some people that became really good friends of mine. The arguments, the wars, the shipping threads, the hope we gave each other in darkness, that all mattered so much. Truly a one of a kind place.

God, if I could remember anyone's usernames from years back, I'd tag them, but I can't remember all. To @Euron you were there with us, keeping the Assoldier thread alive when it mattered, you're a hero for that. And everyone from the Assoldier thread, we all came together when it mattered.

• Hey squishy welcome back i remember the times with everyone on the forums

Saw all the shit about telltale in the news and finally dropped by again. I kept meaning to post here again but never got around to it. @InGen_Nate_Kenny cant believe you mentioned me man. Had some great times on these forums with you guys.

• there are 2 eras i loved in tftb the rhysha/ryona wars and who the stranger dude was

• Thanks ?

Hey squishy welcome back i remember the times with everyone on the forums

• Hey there @Jennifer. Would not have seen this but for your @'ing me,

...and the TTG thread on DFAF whose conversation brought me here to briefly look at the thread where saucerfoot complained TTG doesn't know how much 80$ is.

It was awesome to be here for the many stages of Telltale, and truly great to be a part of the awesome mod team since 2012. I had good memor

• And this as well.

Poogers in case I'll never have the opportunity to say it to you again, you are my hero. Although I'm not a long-time veteran on this for

• I've technically already done one of these but fuck it, may as well share my experiences here as well:

September 2014. I'd never been part of an online forum before, but this place looked like a good one to start with; and all because like many of us, I was eagerly awaiting an announcement on TWAU S2. At first when I joined I kept to myself, generally posting about how I enjoyed the game and wanted more, not really bothering to properly interact with anyone. I mean, it's an online forum, people come and go, and I'm never gonna meet anyone in real life, hell I probably won't stick around forever!

But this place is special, it wasn't long before I had a few like minded people to talk to like @TheZorkij @CoolGuyJ and @armis37

Then came my first big leap on this forum. I joined the Story thread in TWAU section after trying my hand at writing fanfiction on another site. That thread made me feel at home, I enjoyed my time there immensely , made some great friends... while it lasted. I won't lie, I made mistakes back then, mistakes I wish I could take back. @pudding_pie @MasterStone @DragonButter @JJwolf @EMMYPESS @LupineNoir @RammsteinFürImmer I cherish those memories dearly, it was a fun time, and for those of you to whom I said things I shouldn't have, you have no idea how sorry I am for it all...

Moving on.

I was ready to leave this place not long after that, not because the thread died, but because I was losing hope on TWAU S2 ever being announced, and I wasn't as hooked on TT games as I was before. But then another thread caught my eye: the Rhyiona thread.

This was it, my new home. I did what I could to make sure I didn't repeat that same mistakes as the last thread, and I had an even better time hanging around and chatting with everyone about TFTB and the ships. I even made neutral ground with some of the Rhysha threaders which was great too!

@ABigBadWolf @MichaelBP @Green613 @Poogers555 @nohuhhuh @BigBadPaul and to so many others, you gave me a new reason to remain here :')

(Now I'm trying not to cry)

And now we come to this. The End of it all... From the ashes something will rise anew I am sure, and I don't want to sail off into the sunset and forget about everything I experienced here. So to that end, I will stick around until the last days of this place.

It's been a great ride TellTale, everyone, and now I'm gonna go calm down before I start blubbering.

TellTale Forever

• edited October 2018

Edit: I haven't used this wonky forum in five years and can't seem to figure out how to fix my mistake. I had quoted you here, @Jennifer , but I seem to have messed it up somehow, so I'll have to settle for tagging you.

I had good memories of times with lots of great moderators (some of whom probably will never see this, since they left around the time of the forum changeover, but definitely deserve to be mentioned)

When I left the forums five years ago (almost to the day), my last post was "Oh crumbs". I always thought that was a perfect way to leave, and I was content to leave it that way.

When I checked in at Double Fine to see what people were saying about the closure, and saw Chyron's signal boost of your post, I had to come back one last time.

I haven't been a fan of Telltale or a member of the community for a long time. But I have a lot of good memories here. Things lots of people here won't remember, like when someone made an April Fool's joke that Nikasaur and Yare were engaged, and the two of them actually took photos of the "engagement" and posted them. Or my conflicting pride and shame at being the original creator of the Whatever's on Your Mind Thread (terrible name, by the way, what was I thinking?). Or how Seibert kept getting called by the wrong name. Or Saucerfoot's ban evasions. Or Doodo.

...Wait, I think I lost track of which memories were good.

Point is, it's an honor to be among those named in your post, and it was an honor to watch over the community with you. Telltale and their games meant a lot to me for a long time, and this forum was a big part of my life. It was a big part of all of our lives. And some more than others.

I leave with some news. Next week, I'll be attending the wedding of Rather Dashing and Giant Tope. When the two of them spoke with Jake at PAX last month, he said it was the best thing that ever came out of Telltale, and I have to agree.

• Wow, thanks for sharing the wedding news! Wish them the best for me, except they probably don't remember who I am. :)

GuruGuru214 posted: »

Edit: I haven't used this wonky forum in five years and can't seem to figure out how to fix my mistake. I had quoted you here, @Jennifer ,

• Those were some good times, my dude.

HazzatheMan posted: »

I've technically already done one of these but fuck it, may as well share my experiences here as well: September 2014. I'd never been par

• Yeah man we had some great convos, but your frequent hiatuses made it difficult :'D

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Those were some good times, my dude.

• Looks like we've got a permanent hiatus ahead now to punish me for it.

HazzatheMan posted: »

Yeah man we had some great convos, but your frequent hiatuses made it difficult :'D

• Had a great time discussing with you all in the glory days of S1, Wolf, S2. It was amazing back then.

• It was fun while it lasted brother :')

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Looks like we've got a permanent hiatus ahead now to punish me for it.

• edited October 2018

Thanks for the mention, @Jennifer. I'm glad to be remembered. I met most of my closest friends and the greatest people in my life here. @GuruGuru214 @Alcoremortis @SHODANFreeman @Icedhope @Rather Dashing @Giant Tope @Mike Haley @Comrade Pants.

@SHODANFreeman probably saved my life this year.

Let's go on the record for the history books. I was always the funniest poster.

• I just want to be your friend.

Thanks for the mention, @Jennifer. I'm glad to be remembered. I met most of my closest friends and the greatest people in my life here. @Gur

• @SHODANFreeman Die, monster. You don't belong in this world.

I just want to be your friend.

• Where did you guys go, after the forucommunity switch over?

I miss the old crowd. Don't know where most of them went. Merely being Friends on Steam doesn't count because I never PM people there.

• Most people went to the Double Fine forums. It's too slow for me. I went to NeoGAF, and when that imploded I went to ResetERA, but I don't really post there much. The Double Fine forums are probably the closest to this tight-knit community feel if you want.

• edited October 2018

@Secret Fawful If memory serves me correctly, @AllenB introduced us in 2007 while working on one of our ill-fated projects. He said you were a very talented artist and would be a perfect match. But then again, we had some of our best times on the original Telltale Games forums.

Personally, I jumped ship when Double Fine came along with their flashy Double Fine Adventure Kickstarter and pledged my support to a number of other adventure game projects that year as well. These days, I tend to avoid forums altogether. I must enjoy punishment nonetheless, though, because I still use Facebook and Twitter.

Oh, and hey there @SHODANFreeman. I already miss those times I lightheartedly teased you about non-existent upcoming Post-TWD Telltale seasons for some of your favorite things. i.e. The Lord of the Rings: The Telltale Series.

• I went to DFAF for a bit, but then just got bored with forums in general and now I just sit on Steam and wait for people to PM me.

Chyron8472 posted: »

Where did you guys go, after the forucommunity switch over? I miss the old crowd. Don't know where most of them went. Merely being Friends on Steam doesn't count because I never PM people there.

• Thank You, kiddo :`)

Crips posted: »

I know the video is already made and I missed it because I wasn't on the forums, but thank you for mentioning me. The forums have a signific

Sign in to comment in this discussion.