Rushed episodes or no episodes at all?

Would you rather have the Final Season end at episode 2, or continue with Episode 3 and 4, even if the quality will drop?

Comments

• End at E2 so we can finally have our coup de grâce and move on to better things with better gaming companies.

• Either way, Clementine is going to have an unsatisfying ending. Honestly, I would rather the game just be stopped after ep 2 rather than see 3 and 4 be sub par.

• None. Have some kind of material showing how the rest of the series would go. A really crude half done set of episodes would be worse.

Alternatively give the reduced team as long as they need to make a quality ending.

• Are we sure that episodes 3 & 4 are in a totally unfinished, unsalvageable state? I mean, their achievements/trophies have been out for a while now, that's gotta mean something right?

• edited September 2018

They are probably half done. But considering the whole group that worked on the final season are not there anymore, its not looking so good...

Proxman posted: »

Are we sure that episodes 3 & 4 are in a totally unfinished, unsalvageable state? I mean, their achievements/trophies have been out for a while now, that's gotta mean something right?

• You know what's funny, I thought I would never waste money on buying telltale games cause I never thought It would go bankrupt, the concept was so amazing to me I never thought It could lack money.

The game ends on ep 2 ? Or they are gonna still make it to ep 4 and be done with it.

You know I just had a weird idea but I don't know enough about business to actually know if it's plausible but couldn't like you know someone like Pewdiepie, who created his own games albeit not alone and with some people have the funds to try to save the company somehow.

I know it seems crazy but honestly I feel like youtubers are the new important celebrities of the modern world and I don't know how this would work but if Pewdiepie was invested enough to save a nostalgic game of his and maybe get invested enough in the company. He could shake a few hands or something and become a new CEO.

I dunno why I thought of that and I dunno if what I'm saying is completely insane but was wondering if someone like Pewdiepie got invested enough, he could save the company somehow.

• At one point Tales From The Borderlands episode 5 had FIVE people working on it. And i think we can all agree ep 5 was pretty damn fantastic, so why can't we just have a solid last couple of episodes?

• You make a good point.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

At one point Tales From The Borderlands episode 5 had FIVE people working on it. And i think we can all agree ep 5 was pretty damn fantastic, so why can't we just have a solid last couple of episodes?

• one final big episode

• Delay the game enough to get the game a quality finish

• edited September 2018

Lead game designer of season 4 confirmed on reddit that episode 3 was 'far along', suggesting episode 4 had not started development outside the writing stage (which had already completed). He also confirmed there is literally no walking dead developers at the studio, and the skeleton crew is only there to wrap up minecraft. There is no hope left.

Proxman posted: »

Are we sure that episodes 3 & 4 are in a totally unfinished, unsalvageable state? I mean, their achievements/trophies have been out for a while now, that's gotta mean something right?

• I doubt he cares so much that he is giving them a shit ton of money to continue.

Demonarke posted: »

You know what's funny, I thought I would never waste money on buying telltale games cause I never thought It would go bankrupt, the concept

• Omg, and no one cares about minecraft.
    The skeleton crew is just grasping at straws.
    Damn this is super super super sad.

ladypocky posted: »

Lead game designer of season 4 confirmed on reddit that episode 3 was 'far along', suggesting episode 4 had not started development outside

• I mean to be honest I dunno why I even brought that up, I feel kind stupid, I mean technically I suppose that would be possible but it's like his whole fanbase community would need to be telling him about it and he would need to care a lot about the studio to actually save it.

I doubt he cares so much that he is giving them a shit ton of money to continue.

• They know nobody cares. They are contractually obligated to finish their deal with Netflix since Netflix already paid for it. They have no choice on the matter.

Omg, and no one cares about minecraft. The skeleton crew is just grasping at straws. Damn this is super super super sad.

• i wonder in what state eps3 and 4 are in,ep2 is pretty much a lock,but they have all the voice acting done? are the near complete,semi complete..

• Rushed episodes for sure. Balls to the wall at this point man. If they're going under, might as well give us an ending, whatever that ending is.

• edited September 2018

Only Voice Acting, revisions, QA, etc, were left to finish for episode 3 and 4, as stated by a former employee on reddit. He also said that episode 3 will high likely be released cause it was mostly finished. So there is some hope.

Clemmy1 posted: »

i wonder in what state eps3 and 4 are in,ep2 is pretty much a lock,but they have all the voice acting done? are the near complete,semi complete..

• but whether the VA's get paid is another thing,what a joke situation TT have put people into

Only Voice Acting, revisions, QA, etc, were left to finish for episode 3 and 4, as stated by a former employee on reddit. He also said that episode 3 will high likely be released cause it was mostly finished. So there is some hope.

• Best we can hope is somewhere down the road either Skybound or another studio pickup the final season and finish it.

Now the likeness of that happening, I'm not sure, but it'd most likely be better than the current options.

• edited September 2018

man this is too much to take in i don't believe this is happening this is just unfair damn it.
    i want episode 3 and 4 but i don't want rushed episodes i don't care how much it will take skeleton team to make a good episode i am ready to wait 3 to 4 months for an episode.

• Will they even release episode 2?

• Can't wait for the final episode to be Clem in a room with all her dead friends clapping "congratulations!"

• Yes

Will they even release episode 2?

• Well Pewdiepie made a video, seems like he is sad too to see this company go.

Apparently it really seems like it was the people at the top who made shitty decisions.

You know what's funny, I thought I would never waste money on buying telltale games cause I never thought It would go bankrupt, the concept

Sign in to comment in this discussion.