Bankruptcy does not happen overnight....they CONNED US!

Think about it, how many other TT games have come out full price at launch? NONE. There has ALWAYS been an option to buy episode's one by one. So why did we all of a sudden have to pay full price with no other option? Its because they KNEW the situation ( the recent layoffs before the closure prove this ) so they wanted to fill their greedy pockets as much as they could before they go under!

even if they were hoping to get enough money to save the company, they still CONNED us!

yeah yeah i know you are going to jump to their defence, but tell me what im saying DONT add up?

they ripped us off and are going to get away with it too

Comments

• edited September 2018

Get away with what? 25 remaining employees and 250 unemployed and a dead company with a half finished game.

And if anyone was paying attention this has been building to since December of 2016.

• I've been saying as much on different threads.
    we got conned, cheated, grifted, chiseled, however you want to put it, they stole from us.
    and they were reassuring the whole time nothing was wrong, only to pull the rug out from under us days before a release.
    fuck them, if anything, telltale's next product will be snake oil.

• And they screwed over the employees even worse. Making them work day in and day out knowing damn well there was a solid chance of layoffs, then not even offering a severance package or any warning at ALL? There's a reason Telltale went out of business.

cglen posted: »

I've been saying as much on different threads. we got conned, cheated, grifted, chiseled, however you want to put it, they stole from us.

• when i say THEY, i mean the higher ups. I dont blame the devs or voice actors, nor do i blame the guy who works in the canteen...the higher ups only.

Chibikid posted: »

Get away with what? 25 remaining employees and 250 unemployed and a dead company with a half finished game. And if anyone was paying attention this has been building to since December of 2016.

• The higher ups I don't believe intended for this to happen either.

If you listen/hear how they spoke the past few months and post Kevin Bruner, they really spoke as if Telltale had a long term turnaround future in store with a revamped engine and a new direction. As stated in their immediate release, they were unable to turn things around enough to save the company.

ToldYouSo posted: »

when i say THEY, i mean the higher ups. I dont blame the devs or voice actors, nor do i blame the guy who works in the canteen...the higher ups only.

• but it was the higher ups that choose to charge full price for a game that they surley knew would never be complete.

Chibikid posted: »

The higher ups I don't believe intended for this to happen either. If you listen/hear how they spoke the past few months and post Kevin B

• I think they just thought it would be enough to save the company ?
    Like @Chibikid said, it sounded like they had plans for the future and wanted to turn the company around for the better after Bruner fucked it up.
    I believe it's what they said it was: they wanted to turn things around but ran out of time/money to do so.
    But unless we get some clear explanations it's still quite a bit of a mistery atm

• '' I think they just thought it would be enough to save the company ? ''

oh so that makes it OK?

• I suspect at some point Io9 who has the guy who wrote the book about numerous behind the scenes game projects that did and didn’t turn out will do a full investigation into Telltale, what happened and who was really to blame.

• What I'm saying is that they didn't intend to just take our money and leave the game as it is.
    Why would they even try to make it good if that was the case ? ('Cause Episode 1 of TFS was pretty good), wouldn't it be a rushed 1 hour piece of crap like ANF ?
    It seemed to me like they were confident with the direction they were going

'' I think they just thought it would be enough to save the company ? '' oh so that makes it OK?

• yeah, most cons have to be convincing to work.

What I'm saying is that they didn't intend to just take our money and leave the game as it is. Why would they even try to make it good if t

• I don't believe they they wanted/intended for this to happen.

The price change was part of a new business model that was intended to positively restructure the company by releasing monthly to Bi-Monthly games and focusing on single products instead of multiple projects. They were also trying evolve their gameplay, engine, graphics, length and visuals as shown and promoted in the final season. Why go through all of that strenuous hardwork and invested time to con people for a company that has left 250 unemployed workers and a dead company that has all but bled dry of resources and money.

but it was the higher ups that choose to charge full price for a game that they surley knew would never be complete.

• You're saying that all this happened overnight. Well it didn't. They were in financial trouble for quite some time, that's why they were trying to improve by focusing on a game at a time.
    Why risk your whole company, fire 200+ people for a couple thousand dollars from sales ?

cglen posted: »

yeah, most cons have to be convincing to work.

• ToldYouSoToldYouSo Banned
    edited September 2018

did you even read the title of the thread you are replying to you idiot? I said it DONT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT.

DONT

You're saying that all this happened overnight. Well it didn't. They were in financial trouble for quite some time, that's why they were try

• Yo, boyo, cool it. A new frontier came out at full price at launch, with the option to buy episodes separately if you wanted to, but that meant spending more money. Now like @Divided_We_Fall has stated, telltale have been in some financial trouble since before a new frontier, and this could have easily been something that the CEO of the company kept to himself because he either didn’t want to cause a panic or he believed he could turn it around, and when things seemed grim enough, being yesterday, the news was released and that’s that. Now if a company goes bankrupt, their stakeholders and shareholders would know about it. If they were really going bankrupt, I doubt their shareholders would let it fly if they tried to rip their fans off, and why would they try to produce a full game, and have events go on on top of that, if they KNEW at the time that they needed to close their doors prematurely? I doubt they’d bother spending the money.

did you even read the title of the thread you are replying to you idiot? I said it DONT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT. DONT

• they made more from the con then they spent on the 2 episodes

• That was my bad, I'm doing some work while typing this so my attention is kinda fucked

did you even read the title of the thread you are replying to you idiot? I said it DONT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT. DONT

• How ? The sales were low

they made more from the con then they spent on the 2 episodes

• a failed con is still a con.

How ? The sales were low

Sign in to comment in this discussion.