Don't Let Telltale's Style Die

Trust me, I feel you all in regards to the fact that Telltale is shutting down, but there is still hope.

Again, while the situation looks dire, we do not have OFFICIAL confirmation that Eps. 3 and 4 of TFS are canceled. You guys have to remember this; this isn't just an IP Telltale made on their own...this is THE WALKING DEAD, one of the biggest franchises in the world right now. I find it very hard to believe that Robert Kirkman will just let this HIGHLY BELOVED series die. So whether he personally sees to it that the skeleton crew finishes the last two episodes, or he has the story written in some novel, comic, or video, I believe that in the end, we will have Clementine's ending.

And to those of you still bummed that we may never see a game like the way Telltale made games see the light of day...hold on to those memories and build something with it. As an Media/Film/English major in college, I wanted nothing more than to join Telltale once I graduated. I wanted to write brand new stories for them, maybe even help write a Tales or GoT 2 if I got lucky, so you can understand how gutted I was to hear about this yesterday. But Telltale lives on. It really does. Every single fan, every single developer still out there has months and years of experience and lessons taught by their time at Telltale. If we all, as a fandom, really want Telltale back, it has to be up to us to help create a spiritual successor.

So come up with your own ideas for games! Write more TWAU and TWD fanfics, learn more about cinematography, come up with other IPs you'd wanna see be made into a Telltale-esque game. Telltale was made from the remains of Lucasarts, so who's to say another company won't be made from Telltale's? As Gandhi once said, "We must be the change we wish to see in the world."

I for one would LOVE to be a part of the next generation of adventure games, a genre I should say, I particularly had no interest in until I heard of TWD. I want to help keep this genre alive, and clearly, lots of other game developers do too! Whether it be Dontnod with Life is Strange, Quantic Dream with Detroit: Become Human, Supermassive Games with Until Dawn and their upcoming Dark Pictures series, it's clear gamers are still loving these kinds of games, and I would love nothing more than to help be a part of the adventure genre's next generation, and help further bridge the gap between gaming and serialized media.

Tl:dr If TWD TFS does not finish, Robert Kirkman will definitely see it through somehow through a comic or so on, people still love the adventure, episodic branching choice genre, and it's up to us and other game developers to see the "new Telltale" come to be.

Comments

• Kirkman has no sway on if they finish the game or not. Unless he pays the team out of his own pocket. Something i doubt he will do.

• You don't have to have official informations. Do some research, find what ex-TT workers are saying and you will know that there is no way out of this.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.