HOPE FOR TSF

"Gamasutra reports a team of 25 employees will remain on board to finish development on The Walking Dead's final season, while all other Telltale projects have been canceled."

I don't know where you get that those 25 staff members working on that Minecraft Story Mode for Netflix. If Gamasutra saying this and other press.

Comments

• Just been on Wikipedia the release dates on the walking dead the final season have gone from cancelled to November/December!!!

• !!!

Lord Vandal posted: »

Just been on Wikipedia the release dates on the walking dead the final season have gone from cancelled to November/December!!!

• Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Anyone can put anything on there.

Lord Vandal posted: »

Just been on Wikipedia the release dates on the walking dead the final season have gone from cancelled to November/December!!!

• That quote came BEFORE the tweet that stated the skeleton crew was working on Minecraft and not TFS

• Guys just saying I wouldn’t believe anything until telltale themselves announce something. Until then you should just have some hope of the episodes being finished

• Because other journalists and ex-TT workers are saying that they're finishing Minecraft. By looking at everything they're 99.9% right.

• I really really really hope tfs is going to be finished

• They may wait till Monday to announce it, but I feel if they were cancelling the final season it would have been added in their immediate release.

• Yes my thoughts aswell, why not just say walking dead is cancelled and focusing on Netflix?

• I think it's only speculation every press says something different. pointless panic. Yes they have been bancruptyng but, if they will not officialy annoucement that TSF is cancelled so it's not true.

• We're all antsy but all this speculation is pointless until Telltale says it themselves, and I'm quite annoyed they haven't done so as yet.

Until then, the best we can do is occupy our time with something else instead of refreshing out tabs for updates from outside sources looking in. All that does is add to the he said-she said bullshit that's been going on the past 24 hours.

• edited September 2018

I just feel fuck Minecraft and focus on the walking dead. I mean TFTB episode 5 had only 5 people to work on it and it was. So why can’t TWD.

• I know this isn’t really realistic and they didn’t do much but do you think possibly skybound could finish the series? I recall some games being made by them before.

• I woul'd not panic now and wait on official respond from Telltale.

• edited September 2018

If the game is cancelled why are they selling it still on the various stores..why not take it down before they go home. (Pete Hawley; in my opinion..i run a business..should have stayed behind (done overtime) to contact various reps and take the game down. But its still in operation and i've checked all the stores. Still advertising it at full cost! no word of any cancellation).

• edited September 2018

There is something's fisshy.

• Exactly. It just doesn't make sense, if they knew the game was cancelled wouldn't you have thought that they'd have taken down the sale of the walking dead, instead of creating alot of angry refund seeking customers?! (i would have done that straight away)

• And bancrupt thing is not from hour to hour.

• edited September 2018

They would have known about it weeks ago! plus the standard old community threads for the old games are still up. We know that Wolf 2 is dead in the water, no thread created for that. But the walking dead is still in production from all purposes. (the money has to be going somewhere) i secretly think they might be splitting the team up. Most on Netflix and the rest to finish off The Walking Dead, hence why no-one knows anything yet, because theyve not been told. None of the V/A have commented they've probably been told to keep quiet about it or haven't been told or they would be the first to comment (melissa anyway as shes the lead character ffs!)

• Telltale was gonna do a SuperFriends game? Well shit, this really is a travesty.

• In case anyone missed it:

"Episode 3 is almost done but nowhere shippable, episode 4 script is done but we weren’t set to put artists onto it until the next week or so. " -MKirkbride on reddit (the lead designer of season 4 of TWDG)

He also goes on to say that the reddit AMA by the ex-telltale employee is a hoax. Ep3 and 4 will not see release unless a miracle happens and another company picks up the rights.

• He was scammer. Dont believe everything you see on internet.

ladypocky posted: »

In case anyone missed it: "Episode 3 is almost done but nowhere shippable, episode 4 script is done but we weren’t set to put artists ont

• Well if the scripts are completely finished, then that's some good news at least.

In case anyone missed it: "Episode 3 is almost done but nowhere shippable, episode 4 script is done but we weren’t set to put artists ont

• How do we know it isn’t fake i mean the other one look real too. MKirkbride is not working on telltale anymore so he dosen’t know if they are making the last 2 episodes

• edited September 2018

I honestly don't know what is true and what is fake anymore. My head hurts.

How do we know it isn’t fake i mean the other one look real too. MKirkbride is not working on telltale anymore so he dosen’t know if they are making the last 2 episodes

• edited September 2018

Me 2 now people have found on Steamdb about episode 3

I honestly don't know what is true and what is fake anymore. My head hurts.

• The confirmed lead designer of the game that was laid off literally 1 day ago is a lot more credible than an anonymous employee who hasnt proven to the mods he is legit

How do we know it isn’t fake i mean the other one look real too. MKirkbride is not working on telltale anymore so he dosen’t know if they are making the last 2 episodes

• edited September 2018

But nothing has confirmed about TWD cancelled. so theres a chance

The confirmed lead designer of the game that was laid off literally 1 day ago is a lot more credible than an anonymous employee who hasnt proven to the mods he is legit

• There is a chance Telltale could have sold its rights to another company willing to continue the project, but other than that, there is little hope. Prepare for the worst, is all I'm saying. I would not expect Ep3&4 to see release unless a miracle occurs.

But nothing has confirmed about TWD cancelled. so theres a chance

• Let's think about Life Is Strange... Talking about the prequel, Life Is Strange: Before The Storm wasn't made by DONTNOD, but by Deck Nine. Maaaaybe, just maybe, something similar could happen here.

• I saw on twitter that an laid off employe said that it might not get cancelled. But i don’t know too belive anymore so i think it’s best too wait and see what telltale are gonna do

• Your right why didn’t i think of that

bluewalker posted: »

Let's think about Life Is Strange... Talking about the prequel, Life Is Strange: Before The Storm wasn't made by DONTNOD, but by Deck Nine. Maaaaybe, just maybe, something similar could happen here.

• But Telltale would need to give the Telltale Tool to that studio in that case. And... I'm not sure how they'll do that.

bluewalker posted: »

Let's think about Life Is Strange... Talking about the prequel, Life Is Strange: Before The Storm wasn't made by DONTNOD, but by Deck Nine. Maaaaybe, just maybe, something similar could happen here.

• edited September 2018

Skybound could help... I guess? Don't mind me, I'm just trying to be a positive person :(

Ghetsis posted: »

But Telltale would need to give the Telltale Tool to that studio in that case. And... I'm not sure how they'll do that.

• edited September 2018

deleted

• hey watch the swears

Fuck

Sign in to comment in this discussion.