Could Kirkman give us closure for Clementine?

It doesn't seem like TWD The Final Season will ever be finished by TellTale. However, that doesn't mean that Robert Kirkman couldn't give us closure by concluding Clementine's story through his comics. Obviously comics would not allow a variety of choices and this would be less than ideal, but I would prefer it to having the story be left unfinished forever.

Comments

• edited September 2018

I would rather see her story be left unfinished than have it end in a comic book. If Clementine was to be written into the comics it would basically be ANF all over again.

• well isn't the proper ending now the Wellington one? ANF was a spinoff and doesn't count, this final season will never be finished, so S2 is the end

• The only other way I could see it getting a proper ending would be if another studio bought the rights and finished it, but that seems unlikely.

• I was thinking a standalone comic or comic series that would follow the same basic script and direction of The Final Season

Veeeee posted: »

I would rather see her story be left unfinished than have it end in a comic book. If Clementine was to be written into the comics it would basically be ANF all over again.

• I doubt Kirkman would want to add her into the comics, but even if he decided to, it'll be literal years before he gets to that point. TFS was set a few years ahead of where the comics are now, and with the exception of the occasional time jump, the comics generally take nearly a year irl to progress even a month or two in the story. If Kirkman wanted to end Clem's story in the comics, it'll probably be several years irl before he gets caught up to where TFS was on the timeline.

• Granted, Kirkman himself voiced his disappointment in ANF. The comics have been getting good recently anyway.

Veeeee posted: »

• edited September 2018

dontond? Quantic Dream ? maybe Microsoft cause god knows they need exclusives so bad to at least start fighting back sony.

The only other way I could see it getting a proper ending would be if another studio bought the rights and finished it, but that seems unlikely.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.