Dear Telltale: Seriously, if there's anyway we can help, LET US HELP!

edited September 2018 in The Walking Dead

If the last two episodes are in varying stages of completion, I think it's safe to say most of us fans would be willing to sell an arm and a leg to rescue them from oblivion.

So, what do you need from us? Time? Money? You don't have to set up a Kickstarter page that offers any kind of rewards or special goodies to anyone who contributes a dime, just a simple, straightforward GoFundMe (or something along those lines) to carry the last two episodes of TFS pass the finishing line. This CANNOT be the way Clem's story ends, with her last season shot through the head like a zombie because of petty corporate B.S. Don't give up. Give us at least one chance to turn things around. There are more of us than you know. If the big boys in charge can't save Clementine, then give the little people a shot. Please.

Comments

• So sad that the end of game of the year S1 had to come to this :'(

• Yess!! I'm here and I will help. Just let me know.

• edited September 2018

I doubt a GoFundMe could work. Despite Batman selling 1.8 million, the company needed 4 million to just break even. Unless a GoFundMe raises literal millions, there's no digging Telltale out of that hole that is bankruptcy.

Edit: new info suggests theyre not bankrupt after all. huh

• In all honesty I think it’s just us now. I don’t think telltale will be visiting to see any of this any time soon ?

• I think a big problem was the price of the telltale games being only $25. When Video game development costs are rising and you sell your game for $25 and have not other in game monetization method I'm sure it becomes a struggle. I think if somehow they bounce back (Which I hope to god they do) they need to up the price of their games.

• I got 5 on it

• You never know...Larry Ellison might be a TWD fan.

ladypocky posted: »

I doubt a GoFundMe could work. Despite Batman selling 1.8 million, the company needed 4 million to just break even. Unless a GoFundMe raises

• Do I need to explain why giving money to a bankrupt company is a bad idea?

• Sure, why not? You're obviously more informed about how "the real world" works than the rest of us.

emanresu posted: »

Do I need to explain why giving money to a bankrupt company is a bad idea?

• Well he is not wrong, it's incredibly risky, it would be like making a bet that this company will be beneficial to you (to you it would be the company making games) but I doubt the amount of money they need would be even reached by fan donators, even if we were a lot. Also they would have to make progress on their end and stop making stupid decisions so even if everyone gave them some money and they were able to get back on their feet it doesn't mean that they would be able to stay on their feet, look at where they got. It's kinda like stock market, you don't make a bet on a losing company, you are just gonna lose your investment.

Sure, why not? You're obviously more informed about how "the real world" works than the rest of us.

• Give money to a bankrupt company for whatever purpose and you'll not get whatever you wanted, and your money's gone too.

It's like a magic trick. You (A) send money to bankrupt company (B) and just like that the money is suddenly on the bank account of C, D, E and F.

Millions can just go poof that way.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/18/business/worldbusiness/18iht-kfw.4.16285369.html

Sign in to comment in this discussion.