Melissa Hutchison, Voice of Clem, Confirms No Episodes 3 and 4 along with Creative Director

Along with that, the Final Season creative director Michael Kirkbride has confirmed no more episodes 3 and 4 on his reddit account (verified with a selfie on his AMA)
https://www.reddit.com/user/mkirkbride/comments/

Verification of his identity: http://i.imgur.com/4Vjyycj.jpg
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/1ptr0o/i_am_michael_kirkbride_ask_me_anything/

I guess that's it then.

Comments

• I also do not know the fate of the final season

?

• Melissa knows what we know.

• That fact that she doesn't even know pretty much spells it out for us. The game is not being finished.

• I trust Michael Kirkbride on this one since he'd know the full scope of the project as Creative Director but hopefully Monday we have something official.

bluewalker posted: »

Melissa knows what we know.

• Does that mean I have to get a refund now? Damn!

bluewalker posted: »

Melissa knows what we know.

• Misleading title. These are not confirmations. We know the staff has been laid off and we know that development cannot continue with the current staff. While yes that basically means the game is stuck in limbo or will get cancelled, that is not an official statement of cancellation. Wait for Telltale to make a statement on Monday or in the upcoming weeks, like they said.

• Well I keep my season,right now,but God I will wait for the official statement.

ladypocky posted: »

Misleading title. These are not confirmations. We know the staff has been laid off and we know that development cannot continue with the cur

• edited September 2018

well. i'm gonna sit here and hope that skybound saves it or some other studio picks it up

ladypocky posted: »

Misleading title. These are not confirmations. We know the staff has been laid off and we know that development cannot continue with the cur

• To be honest i don't think anybody knows what's going to happen the only possible person to know is pete the ceo so i guss we have to wait till he's ready.

• edited September 2018

When you have the guy who was lead season designer for the season saying things are done...well I'm all for maintaining hope but sometimes it is just stupid to do so.

Of course I'm going to play episode two when it comes out, I'd be lying if I said otherwise, but I'm going to have to accept that the Final Season will not see its finale.

For me Telltale's The Walking Dead ended with Clementine and Kenny walking away from Wellington together. That's now, for me, the best ending.

• For me Telltale's The Walking Dead ended with Clementine and Kenny walking away from Wellington together. That's now, for me, the best ending.

Same for me

voteDC posted: »

When you have the guy who was lead season designer for the season saying things are done...well I'm all for maintaining hope but sometimes

• Of course I'm going to play episode two when it comes out, I'd be lying if I said otherwise, but I'm going to have to accept that the Final Season will not see its finale.

Yup after playing episode 2 if that is it then I will get a refund. I will just let Violet and Clem become girlfriends and then end it after the episode 2 ending.

voteDC posted: »

When you have the guy who was lead season designer for the season saying things are done...well I'm all for maintaining hope but sometimes

• If you're trying to get a refund on Steam bear in mind if you have more than 2 hours of playtime and you bought the game more than two weeks ago you normally don't get a refund. It depends but most of the time you don't.

strwar3 posted: »

Of course I'm going to play episode two when it comes out, I'd be lying if I said otherwise, but I'm going to have to accept that the Final

• I have a Xbox account. I don't have a steam account. So I will definitely probably get a refund.

If you're trying to get a refund on Steam bear in mind if you have more than 2 hours of playtime and you bought the game more than two weeks ago you normally don't get a refund. It depends but most of the time you don't.

• This is misleading

• This is not confirming anything

• from a company who are bankrupt? yeah good luck with that.

strwar3 posted: »

I have a Xbox account. I don't have a steam account. So I will definitely probably get a refund.

• They aren't actually bankrupt..yet. CEO confirmed

Lololol28 posted: »

from a company who are bankrupt? yeah good luck with that.

• either way, no refunds.

12494 posted: »

They aren't actually bankrupt..yet. CEO confirmed

• Someone on twitter got a refund from steam

• WHAT IF we all asked Skybound to let another game developer finish TFS instead??

• They have to. I, and many others, got into TWD from the Telltale series. They owe it to this series and need to fucking finish it. If they don’t I’m done with everything TWD and will no longer read the comics, read the books, or watch the TV shows.

SAVE CLEMENTINE

Dex-Starr posted: »

WHAT IF we all asked Skybound to let another game developer finish TFS instead??

• Not saying the season isn't cancelled, but I wouldn't put that much into her comments until the CEO/Telltale themselves officially release information. Until then its just he/she said rumors and speculations and potential truths mixed in without any precise confirmation.

• I put more stock in Michael Kirkbride since he was overseeing the project and he's being so honest in his reddit comments. I feel like a lot of people ITT aren't bothering to read what he's saying on reddit, it's all pretty blunt and honest statements from someone who was in control of the project and knows how far along the episodes were. But yes, the CEO will spell it out soon.

Chibikid posted: »

Not saying the season isn't cancelled, but I wouldn't put that much into her comments until the CEO/Telltale themselves officially release i

• Damn it. I'm losing more and more hope by the hour. I haven't had a weekend this shitty since my dog died.

• Hey guys, someone may have already corrected the OP, but I wasn’t the Creative Director of WD4. That was Kent Mudle, a living legend made of pure liquid metal.

• It looks like she only knows the publicly available information. It's probably safe to assume at this point that the last 2 episodes won't be released. There may be more going on, could have already contracted with another team or something to finish it, etc. but definitely assume the worst, because in this case, it's the most likely.

• hmmm

Someone on twitter got a refund from steam

• Surely someone can work on this for 3 months and just finish it, this is bullshit.

• Dude, piss off. So far, you've provided no evidence that you're a Telltale employee and you're just trying to toy with people's emotions. Get lost, please.

VoidGhost posted: »

Hey guys, someone may have already corrected the OP, but I wasn’t the Creative Director of WD4. That was Kent Mudle, a living legend made of pure liquid metal.

• We need trusted and verified source, man.

ralo229 posted: »

Dude, piss off. So far, you've provided no evidence that you're a Telltale employee and you're just trying to toy with people's emotions. Get lost, please.

• I agree, but this person clearly isn't one.

PocketMedic posted: »

We need trusted and verified source, man.

• Why am i still in that nightmare? I wanna wake up :>

• We have one in Michael Kirkbride already. He's been more than candid that episodes 3 and 4 aren't close to done and there's no one left at Telltale to work on them. I think people are just hanging onto hope until the CEO officially kills it tomorrow.

PocketMedic posted: »

We need trusted and verified source, man.

• Sadly this could be true....

We have one in Michael Kirkbride already. He's been more than candid that episodes 3 and 4 aren't close to done and there's no one left at Telltale to work on them. I think people are just hanging onto hope until the CEO officially kills it tomorrow.

• Stay hopeful, Eps 3 and 4 are nowhere near ready for release in their current form, but that doesn't mean it's over. Telltale can sell it to another company or delay it until they can recover from this, there are many options that don't have to include shutting down TFS.

Sadly this could be true....

Sign in to comment in this discussion.