With all the layoffs happening at Telltale, can I ask for support here on A New Frontier?

I am having trouble with importing my story from Season 2 to A New Frontier. I already contacted support and so far the things that they suggested have not resolved my problem. I last heard from them on September 14th, but the things they suggested didn't work for me. I replied back to them, but I haven't heard anything since then and I fear that with Telltale getting rid all but 25 people, I won't ever get a reply back from them to continue to resolve my problem as they will probably focus more on getting other projects done.

Can anyone here provide me assistance? PLEASE???

Comments

• I've had save importing problems from the cloud too, yet I can import from local files without issue.

Sadly I suspect that they have taken those servers down and online imports are gone.

Perhaps you could post what your choices were. That way someone could share saves that matched your choices.

• Well my problem happens to be that I cannot import my save from season 2 to A New Frontier, and I have the save files right on my computer. When I try to continue my game in ANF, the only option I am getting is to recreate my story. I even tried uploading my save in Season 2, but ANF couldn't find it online. Why isn't the game "seeing" my save from Season 2?

When I ran the support tool & imported the file in my email to Telltale Support, they said that my save folder was named incorrectly, and told me to rename the save folder in ANF from "WalkingDead3" to "The Walking Dead - A New Frontier (Season 3)." WTF?!? "WalkingDead3" was the way the game created the folder in the first place! When I did & started the game, it just recreated the "WalkingDead3" folder & I still couldn't continue my story. I even tried renaming the Season 2 folder from "WalkingDead2" to "The Walking Dead - Season 2" (on their suggestion) but the same thing happened. The game recreated the "WalkingDead2" folder. Why the heck would they suggest I do something contrary to what the game is programmed to do? It makes me wonder of the quality of support that they have & if it's due to the company's collapse.

Anyway, I still have my save in the Season 2 folder. But if the only way I can continue is to get someone else's with the same choices, then so be it.

voteDC posted: »

I've had save importing problems from the cloud too, yet I can import from local files without issue. Sadly I suspect that they have take

• edited September 2018

I thought I'd post my decisions from TWD Season 1 & 2 should anyone have a story like mine & can somehow give me a copy as voteDC mentioned. I apologize in advance, as this is going to be a long post so please bear with me.

Season 1, Episode 1:

1. I was honest with Hershel
    2. I saved Duck
    3. I defended Kenny and his son from Larry
    4. I gave Irene the gun (the bitten woman you find barricaded in the motel)
    5. I chose to save Carley

Season 1, Episode 2:

1. I left David to die (the band teacher that had his leg caught in a bear trap)
    2. Danny St. John shot Jolene
    3. I helped kill Larry
    4. I let both St. John brothers live
    5. I stole supplies from the "abandoned" car

Season 1, Episode 3:

1. I did not shoot the girl in the street
    2. I left Lilly behind
    3. I talked Kenny down
    4. I shot Duck
    5. I helped Omid onto the train

Season 1, Episode 4:

1. I killed the zombified boy in the attic
    2. I was rational and honest with Vernon
    3. Clementine came with me to Crawford.
    4. I saved Ben
    5. I showed everyone my bitten wrist

(Everyone came with me to look for Clementine)

Season 1, Episode 5:

1. I did not remove my arm
    2. I lost my temper with Kenny
    3. I surrendered my weapons
    4. I killed Clementine's captor
    5. Clementine shot Lee

400 Days:

1. I shot Danny's foot off
    2. I stayed in the car
    3. I left Nate behind
    4. I was honest to Leland
    5. I left in the RV
  • Here are my choices for Season 2. Again, this is going to be a long post, so my apologies in advance.

Episode 1:

1. I tried to save Christa
    2. I killed the dog
    3. I accepted Nick's apology
    4. I gave water to the dying man
    5. I saved Pete (Nick's uncle, not the CEO of Telltale Games ;) )

Episode 2:

1. I took the blame for Sarah's photo
    2. I sat with Kenny
    3. I told Walter the truth about Matthew
    4. I convinced Walter to forgive Nick
    5. I stayed to help Carlos

Episode 3:

1. I helped Sara with her chores
    2. I chose to hide Luke's presence
    3. I tried to hide the theft of the walkie talkie
    4. I did not watch Kenny kill Carver
    5. I chopped Sarita's arm

Episode 4:

1. I left Sara behind
    2. I refused to steal from Arvo
    3. I crawled through the ticket booth
    4. I held Rebecca's baby
    5. I did not shoot Rebecca

Episode 5:

1. I protected the baby
    2. I did not help Luke (at the frozen lake)
    3. I did not ask to leave with Mike
    4. I did not shoot Kenny
    5. I chose not to go to Wellington and stayed with Kenny

Well that's it. If anyone has made choices similar to mine could they please share them so I can put them in the WalkingDead3 save folder? Or does anyone have another solution to why I can't continue my story from Season 2 to A New Frontier? I bought all three seasons directly from Telltale's website, & I'm played all of them on the 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.