At least the telltale community doesn't shut down

Let's hope this website doesn't need to shut down.

Comments

• hopefully they keep the site up for a year or two

• Bro so much people left though.

• No one will leave. We keep supporting telltale

Bro so much people left though.

• Who has left exactly?

Bro so much people left though.

• Moderators are not Telltale staff but as the webteam who maintain the website don't work at Telltale anymore there is nobody around to keep things running so i don't know how much longer it may be around for.

• It will be not long till it shuts down.

• edited September 2018

Shouldn’t the rights technically be passed down to you guys now, considering nobody owns it?

OzzyUK posted: »

Moderators are not Telltale staff but as the webteam who maintain the website don't work at Telltale anymore there is nobody around to keep things running so i don't know how much longer it may be around for.

• I shouldn't respond to this because I have no prove of what I'm going to say but... I really doubt that the rights of the site goes to the Moderators without any sort of contract being made before the current situation or in less than a month.

Melton23 posted: »

Shouldn’t the rights technically be passed down to you guys now, considering nobody owns it?

• Nah, you’re right, but I still doubt the place will close, and the closest thing that we have to owners atm are the mods

joshua007 posted: »

I shouldn't respond to this because I have no prove of what I'm going to say but... I really doubt that the rights of the site goes to the Moderators without any sort of contract being made before the current situation or in less than a month.

• What if Telltale's website just gets shutdown without warning? Could happen any day.

• mate...its over, once we get the official statement...we are all floating away

• How much does server maintenance and online bills for this site cost? We need one of those rich whales to save the forums.

Nah, you’re right, but I still doubt the place will close, and the closest thing that we have to owners atm are the mods

• Hardly anything tbf. Relatively cheap compared to making a game anyway, way cheaper. I think we’re safe, for a good few months at least

Ghetsis posted: »

How much does server maintenance and online bills for this site cost? We need one of those rich whales to save the forums.

• Excactly! Telltale should just edit it before they leave, remove News, Remove Jobs, Remove Support, Remove Company, just keep the forums, general chat only, bang.

Hardly anything tbf. Relatively cheap compared to making a game anyway, way cheaper. I think we’re safe, for a good few months at least

• Omg! They cancel the shut down! See on twitter!

• Huh, link?

PocketMedic posted: »

Omg! They cancel the shut down! See on twitter!

• You got me excited there for a bit ?

PocketMedic posted: »

https://telltale.com/community/discussion/121752/pete-hawley-telltale-ceo-statement-waiting-thread/p1

• Yep!

You got me excited there for a bit ?

• Are you serious this website going down there soonest they stop paying for the hosting services ....

Sign in to comment in this discussion.