Steam is offering a refund

Hey guys, today I wrote to steam support about this issue with the game being cancelled and asked if I could get a refund. Apparently, we can, since this is what they said:

"Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this issue. I'm happy to help.

Given the relatively low playtime on this game and your Steam account history, I'm happy to offer a refund to your Steam Wallet for this game as a customer service gesture. The wallet credit will also remove the title from your account.

Please respond to this ticket and indicate whether you would like us to proceed with this credit.

You’ll need to respond and confirm before we proceed with this credit. "

So if you want a refund from steam, just ask support! But I suggest you to wait till an official statement of Telltale first, since we don't know for sure they will cancel it for now.

Comments

• They're giving it to you due to your low playtime as said in the message, if anybody has played over two hours of the game they tend to be refused.

• Umm...I don't think they're gonna offer me a refund when I have 22 hours in the game

• They will likely offer refunds once Telltale itself confirms episode 3&4 are not happening. Until then, just hold tight.

• People, don’t do it just yet until we get official statement about future of the game. Just wait a few days...maybe we will be suprised how things turn out. Episode 2 is still dropping on Tuesday, so don’t waste the chance to interact with Lilly after 6 years and do it for the sake of all former telltale developers who put so much effort and their hearts into this, and also, do it for Clementine...

Pete said they are not shutting down, and that's the most reliable piece of information we have currently...not provided by former employees, nor voice actors, but the CEO, who knows all the shit behind the scenes.

• They are shutting down unfortunately. I wish it wasn't the case but even the skeleton crew know they'll soon be unemployed.

I hope they work out a solution too, just keeping my expectations realistic.

Fury2014 posted: »

People, don’t do it just yet until we get official statement about future of the game. Just wait a few days...maybe we will be suprised how

• This isn't from Pete so I DON'T CARE.

They are shutting down unfortunately. I wish it wasn't the case but even the skeleton crew know they'll soon be unemployed. I hope they work out a solution too, just keeping my expectations realistic.

• I have more than 4 hours guys, I don't think they meant 2 hours in that

• I think in the end, this will be a case like Blues and Bullets if they will never finish ep3 and ep4. Like look at Blues and Bullets ep2 came out around 2016, ever since then there has been no update regarding ep3, they didn't confirm the series is done for either, I really don't want this to happen to TWD S4, thing is with refunds, I never managed to get a refund from that game.

• Thank you! That's exactly my concern.

I think in the end, this will be a case like Blues and Bullets if they will never finish ep3 and ep4. Like look at Blues and Bullets ep2 cam

• I hope others follow suit once we get official word. Lots of games sell season passes, and I don't think Sony, Microsoft, etc. want people people to skip the passes because of this. Refunds would be the one thing they can do to help make it right with customers.

• I've requested a refund in Steam too. The way I see it is I payed for a full season (4 episodes) and I'm only getting 2 of those, assuming they still even plan to release Episode 2. If by some miracle Episodes 3 & 4 do get completed and released, then I can always re-purchase it then, but I'm so sure that's not going to happen that I could confidently bet my life savings on it.

• Xbox said they would be partnering with Telltale to give out refunds when official word of cancelation arrives.

• Why not partner with telltale to FINISH THE DAMN GAME

Xbox said they would be partnering with Telltale to give out refunds when official word of cancelation arrives.

• Because thats a completely different thing all together?

bobshaw posted: »

Why not partner with telltale to FINISH THE DAMN GAME

• Nah thanks, I'd rather let them keep it with the hope the series will see an end one day and my little 10 bucks contributed to it.

• Because at this point its not fucking profitable for them. They will lose much more money trying to finish this game than offering refunds. Its a simple math really.

• Given the relatively low playtime on this game and your Steam account history,

Pay attention to wording. They're basing your refund off of two criteria, you have a "relatively" low playtime and your Steam account history, which I'm assuming does not include a habit of buying games, playing a few hours, then requesting a refund. Even if you're over the 2 hour limit, that 2 hour/2 week limit is simply there for the automated system. If you fall outside that limit the automated system won't approve it and it goes to a real person to make the call. That real person is seeing that even though you're outside the automatic approval limits, you apparently don't have a habit of doing this so they're approving your refund request. If you had a habit of requesting refunds after playing over 2 hours or past the 2 week mark, they'd likely deny your request.

• edited September 2018

But who exactly would even finish it? The team is gone. The skeleton crew works on Minecraft and they probably did that before everything went to shit, so they most likely never worked on TFS in the first place.

• The team isn't gone yet, but if no other company makes a move within this week then were all screwed.

• Lets just wait for Telltale to respond. Then we'll see if we can get a refund.

• I don't want a refund if it means that I lose my whole set in my steam library ?

It's not worth it

• im still waiting for an email but i changed my password so they said it will take longer to get the request or whatever :/ It says I have 2 hours of gameplay on steam but in the email i think it says 3 :/

:/ ive had the game for about 6 days I hope I get my money

• Even if the rest of the episodes will never get released, I'm not going to ask for a refund because I would like to keep my game. It may not be complete, but at least it's something to have.
    Also you can't use the standard refund because Steam sees you've passed the refund limit. You'll need to contact them directly or something and explain them, due to the current situation from the game studio that made this game, and how the game might never be completed, you would like to request a refund.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.