About people working with Minecraft...

Just check her tweet. Seems like some of the 25 other people are doing other things...

Comments

• Even those at Telltale don't know who works at Telltale.

• Right? lol pretty strange.

ladypocky posted: »

Even those at Telltale don't know who works at Telltale.

• A small ray of hope, perhaps?

• There’s virtually nothing that ttg can be working on and finish after closing themselves down.... this has to be the walking dead, it requires the least amount of time compared to other things that I can think of.

• As I wrote in a previous thread...

The people left are going to be those capable of taking an established set of episodes of MC S1 and altering them to suit Netflix- removing the button prompts and likely any of the Choice of dialogue, distilling it to just core choices - which build to make, whether to tell Ruben to run, going to save Lucas or warning Gabriel etc. I doubt those people are going to be able to pick up more complex work with material they might have core written material for. And that’s assuming those last two episodes only need programming and not need script editing or artwork... It’s a bit of an ask to expect them to manage that.

• I still see hope for TWD

• There's still hope but the fact that Melissa herself said she thinks Ep 2 will be the end of TFS worries me.

• Why? I don't know how the game industry works, but I think 25 persons are small enough for them to be able to talk to each other...

• The rest of them are probably accountants and lawyers. :)

• They are still in the same office where 400 people worked. It must be huge and empty. Who knows?

famaouz posted: »

Why? I don't know how the game industry works, but I think 25 persons are small enough for them to be able to talk to each other...

• Wouldn't it be great of everyone working on the Minecraft deal grew a pair and just walked out on Telltale, leaving them with another unfinished mess and a nice lawsuit from Netflix, one can dream.

• I wish this would be the case. But it's understandable why they wont.

Jayroen posted: »

Wouldn't it be great of everyone working on the Minecraft deal grew a pair and just walked out on Telltale, leaving them with another unfinished mess and a nice lawsuit from Netflix, one can dream.

• edited September 2018

If they are going to work on TWDG why did they lay off the whole staff and bring in new people?

• I feel like people are straight up ignoring these steam updates and two team anouncements because they dont want to have their hopes crushed.

• Those steam updates are automatic.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

I feel like people are straight up ignoring these steam updates and two team anouncements because they dont want to have their hopes crushed.

• I was around when a company dissolved a few years ago. A lot of the 25 will be lawyers/accountants/CEO/higher ups, a few will be on Minecraft and the rest will be tasked with auctioning off equipment, shredding documents and stripping out furniture.

There's a ton of manual labour when a company goes tits up and it always takes at least a week to gut a building so someone else can move in.

I feel like people are straight up ignoring these steam updates and two team anouncements because they dont want to have their hopes crushed.

• First of all - those updates are more than likely automatic. Second of all - its more than likely not all of those 25 remaining employees are tied to gaming department. Some of them might actually have other responsibilities like finances, PR etc.

• I do too!

I still see hope for TWD

• Good too be positive

I do too!

• I was not wrong to have hope!!!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.