Fuck you Telltale

To the developers, designers, code writers, script writers, etc;

Thank you.
Thank you for creating such an incredible anthology of games, under the conditions you were given.
Thank you for your amazing storytelling throughout all of the games you created.
You deserved better.
You were the driving force behind the telling of these brilliant stories, in these brilliantly made games, that you sacrificed almost everything for.
Thank you for Clementine.

To the heads of Telltale Games;

You are nothing more than a bunch of self centered, self righteous, douchebag, uncreative, suitwearing slavedrivers, who are too stupid to actually creat anything, or do actual work.
You are worthless.
You contribute nothing of value.
You are the reason for your failure.
Fuck you Telltale.
Fuck you on behalf of the hundreds of employees that worked for you.
The true artists and hard working driving force behind the success you had.
Fuck you on behalf of the gamers who for years have followed you since BTTF and JP, all the way to your 90 awards for TWD Season 1.

You were nothing without them.
You were nothing without us.
You got greedy, and we all suffered.

So, fuck you. ??

Comments

• Thank you MrGraffio.
    Tip of the cap to you sir. ??

MrGraffio posted: »

word

• Well this goes for every major business in the world, we need a new plague.

• ‘Killing In The Name’ anyone? Ahaha.

• Little more vulgar than i would put it, but i agree with alot of it. The developers and writers deserve some of the blame for TTG's failure, too though. They were putting out studio branded shit for a couple years there. The Batman series really redeemed them.

• okay this is epic

• I would blame the previous CEO for kevin bruner sorry if I spelt his name wrong for state off telltale games not Pete hawely none of the staff like scriptters coders and delvolpers are not to blame either

• How exactly were they 'greedy'?

• How exactly they were NOT greedy? They cut episodes down to 1 hour, and release a lot of things NOBODY ask for at the same time instead of upgrading their engine and giving TWAU s2 or even a better season 3 of WD to the fans. So fuck them!

How exactly were they 'greedy'?

• You just need to play the first walking dead season and the games that went after it. No more hubs,puzzles, character development was shit, bad writing left and right,delays, bugs,bugs and more bugs.. that made people angry with each release.

henrytuck posted: »

How exactly they were NOT greedy? They cut episodes down to 1 hour, and release a lot of things NOBODY ask for at the same time instead of upgrading their engine and giving TWAU s2 or even a better season 3 of WD to the fans. So fuck them!

• ffs these dudes.

• I know. But you were probably talking about Bruner and he was the former CEO.

How exactly they were NOT greedy? They cut episodes down to 1 hour, and release a lot of things NOBODY ask for at the same time instead of upgrading their engine and giving TWAU s2 or even a better season 3 of WD to the fans. So fuck them!

• THANK YOU for summarising everything I've been feeling over this past weekend.

• "This finger's for our memories" ?

• That's not how it is. Everyone that was working for Telltale is extremely talented and hard working. The reason most of the things produced were terrible was because Telltale had insanely short deadlines set. Please respect those people they are so awesome for what they did. If anything we are lucky for the quality we did get even though Telltale was pumping out six games in one year. The workers deserve none of the blame!

flymoefly posted: »

Little more vulgar than i would put it, but i agree with alot of it. The developers and writers deserve some of the blame for TTG's failure,

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2018

OMG it's a "Fuck you Telltale" thread. I'm getting flashbacks to 2012.

I guess your perspective is a bit on the simplistic side. And possibly 95% wrong.

• Telltale games employees deserved better.

• edited September 2018

So, no episodes 2-4? what about refund will we get our money back.

• What happened in 2012?

Vainamoinen posted: »

OMG it's a "Fuck you Telltale" thread. I'm getting flashbacks to 2012. I guess your perspective is a bit on the simplistic side. And possibly 95% wrong.

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2018

Like, 60% of the forum members that popped up for The Walking Dead Season 1 seemed to think Telltale was screwing them over big time. And that went on until the last episode finally released. Then some of these people started posting Fuck you threads in the Wolf among Us forums because they didn't want TWaU to be released, they wanted TWD Season 2 ASAHP.

And the forum members that were here for the games before The Walking Dead Season 1 would post the occasional Fuck you thread too. Because of course they felt betrayed, and their nostalgia violated, and their entitlement blatantly disregarded, and the company was obviously "selling out" because Telltale wouldn't do Point & Click adventure games any more.

"No one asked" for The Walking Dead Season 1 in the very same way "no one asked" for The Wolf among us, or Batman, or whatever.

History repeats. In this particular case, it's all especially ironic and sad.

Telltale's demise was a matter of a very simple miscalculation that basically every American businessman would have done in the very same way. They thought they could land consecutive hits with the TWDS1 formula, so they hired like crazy. They were wrong. Without some of the suits, who never really were suits to begin with, there wouldn't have been the high points of Telltale as well.

There's ample angles to criticize a select few of these people. But why even bother now. It's over. That unfettered anger, this despair to find a guilty party, it's helping no one and it's hurting so many that never deserved it.

joshua007 posted: »

What happened in 2012?

• But that was with the former CEO.
    They changed but it was too late

• The damage was already done guys. Kevin bruner lead years of mismanagement and that choice had consequences. I don't think pete could have save it. Telltale seemed to get in a better direction in this past year or so but it was too late. What i'm scratching my head is the decision to not release the full game, or getting more expensive IP's and we should not forget the claims that they hired people last week. Pete knew how bad things were and to let TWD ( the game that put them in the map) suffer this is beyond me. I honestly wish we got no final season at all than to stay waiting ep 3&4 forever.

But that was with the former CEO. They changed but it was too late

• He probably thought it was gonna sell better than it did.
    But it was really hard to sell another TWD game after ANF.
    Like you said, the damage was already done

The damage was already done guys. Kevin bruner lead years of mismanagement and that choice had consequences. I don't think pete could have s

• Fucking stupid, TFS was greats so far, they did little wrong and it still sold like ass.

He probably thought it was gonna sell better than it did. But it was really hard to sell another TWD game after ANF. Like you said, the damage was already done

• I read somewhere in this forum before release of ep 1 that they were expecting poor sales but the season was "for the fans" for the fans my ASS.

He probably thought it was gonna sell better than it did. But it was really hard to sell another TWD game after ANF. Like you said, the damage was already done

• https://variety.com/2018/gaming/features/netflix-telltale-stranger-things-deal-1202855424/ article from june. Where they cover the layoffs from last year, bruner fuckery, missed opportunities and the expected sales for the final season.

• Can't wait to read the official statement, it's gonna be filled to the brink with self-pity and bullshit..

I read somewhere in this forum before release of ep 1 that they were expecting poor sales but the season was "for the fans" for the fans my ASS.

• Don't forget about at least 2-3 sentences containing apology, how they wished it could be different blah blah blah.

Jayroen posted: »

Can't wait to read the official statement, it's gonna be filled to the brink with self-pity and bullshit..

• And the they say at the very end “Sike we ain’t closing! Gottem!”.

Tewudin posted: »

Don't forget about at least 2-3 sentences containing apology, how they wished it could be different blah blah blah.

• edited September 2018

Telltale's demise was a matter of a very simple miscalculation that basically every American businessman would have done in the very same way. They thought they could land consecutive hits with the TWDS1 formula, so they hired like crazy. They were wrong. Without some of the suits, who never really were suits to begin with, there wouldn't have been the high points of Telltale as well.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Things can't go THIS cock-eyed without some seriously boneheaded decisions made at the top.

Vainamoinen posted: »

Like, 60% of the forum members that popped up for The Walking Dead Season 1 seemed to think Telltale was screwing them over big time. And th

• Oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my daaar-ling Clem-entine...
    You are gone and lost for-eee-ver because Telltale was run by Cuuuucks...

• edited September 2018

Dreadful sorry, Jay-roennn...

Jayroen posted: »

Oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my daaar-ling Clem-entine... You are gone and lost for-eee-ver because Telltale was run by Cuuuucks...

• edited September 2018

Both the one from Telltale's webpage and my profile picture, shows a disappointed Clem after knowing, there won't be episodes 3 and 4. ?

• edited September 2018

Press F on your keyboard to pay respect for Telltale employes and if this is true than FUCK YOU

• Unpopular opinion: But you can blame the writers also for Telltale's demise. They failed miserably with ANF, it doesn't make sense with how badly that game turned out. Mind you, Bruner was present during Tales, Wolf, etc. those games turned out amazing. Leads and writers and directors like Pierre Shorette, Nick Herman, Denis Lenart etc. were being juggled around back in the 2014-2015 days (telltale's prime) but with ANF the new writers didn't fare so well. They're still great writers, don't get me wrong they made TFS, but I guess some are better than others at juggling projects.

And don't make those arguements 'Bruner did this' 'the damage was already done' upper management, fuck them. They haven't improved considerably, I bet there was still an uncomfortable work environment and bad management.
    Hol' Up, lemme copy-paste

Remember when Emily said there were several people who joined Telltale 2 weeks ago? Oh yeah, no-one at Telltale cared enough to not hire them. They probably noticed the bankruptancy from at least a month but didn't do anything to stop it, continued to hire people from up to 2 weeks ago, even hired an employee who had to move country?!
    What's more, Hawley approved making TFS a Season Pass only. That's actually fine, considering you get the Collection which is worth 3 games and £40, but this is just dumb.

August 25: ''Oh no! We're low on money!'' ''Uh, Boss, doncha' think we should keep this a secret for now? Look at how focused the developers are, can't let all their hard work go to waste.''
    ''Good idea! I approve! We should also keep our financial struggles away from the world and procrastinate to the last possible minute.''

September 21: ''Hey, ya finished Episode 2! By the way, we don't have enough money to pay everyone, so we're shutting down.'' ''Why didn't you say this earlier?'' ''Needed at least one more episode so that it seems somewhat plausible.'' ''That doesn't make sense'' ''Yeah, what was I thinking? Anyway, you have 30 minutes to exit the building'' ''But serverence?'' ''No severence'' ''My healthcare ends next mon-'' ''We can't afford that, sorry.'' ''What will you tell the fans?'' ''We'll say btw, we are not shutting down, so that'll definitely make them feel better''

And I'm not giving Pete Howley vilification or anything, and I'm not saying a CEO should be expected to turn around a company's future in less than a year, but honestly, they kinda should. MCSM S2 and Bman S2 were planned before Pete came, I know, but a company shouldn't die like this. Never let your fans go into an outrage and ask for refunds, never get a world record for making 250 people jobless and soon, homeless if they can't get a job soon. Really dissapointing.

This is a jokey re-enactment, but you have to wonder.

So stop praising Pete and telling him it's not his and his board's fault that Telltale burned into the ground, it technically is. Review my reasoning and tell me if these are the merits of a respectable CEO.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.