Looks like the Stranger Things game was already in actual production

I won't link directly to them here because idk what the rule is given the shituation, but if you go to r/thewalkingdeadgame and look around you'll find a post with leaks from the Stranger Things game. Animation sequences and such. I was under the impression that that was still in pre planning but no, it looks like it was well into development.

Comments

• Since the game was originally planned for release in October of last year to tie into the second season of the series I certainly hope it was in development...

• Oh really? I had no idea. I had no idea it was even a thing until this business of the closure and the game being cancelled was mentioned.

Since the game was originally planned for release in October of last year to tie into the second season of the series I certainly hope it was in development...

• Yeah this was what the whole Netflix deal was about, Telltale was gonna adapt Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 (or at least the Wither Storm Arc) onto Netflix in the same way as their other interactive shows like Puss in Boots, and in exchange Netflix would give them the rights to make a Stranger Things game. Because the contract was binding they still have to do the Minecraft adaptation even though Stranger Things has been cancelled.

Oh really? I had no idea. I had no idea it was even a thing until this business of the closure and the game being cancelled was mentioned.

• edited September 2018

''Former developer here.
    This was from an old build of a gameplay tech demo - the art is unfinished and unpolished, and not representative of the final product.

And to whoever leaked this - shame on you. Really, shame. Yes it sucks that our game doesn't get to come out, but by leaking things (especially old things, with no context) you're not only shitting on all of us that worked hard and can't show the fruits of our labors, but also ruining what little chance there was for STH or WD4 to ever release by violating agreements and placing what remains of TTG in more legal trouble. YOU personally won't get sued, but Netflix doesn't particularly care about how little money the company has left when it comes to protecting its property. So when the last of TTGs funds go to violation fees, and the MC project is canceled because you violated an agreement, and no one wants to buy the WD4 IP to finish it because they're afraid that we're a leaky boat, it'll be your fault.''

This person never stated their name or had credentials as far as I've gathered, but Michael Kirkbide, one of the Lead Creative Directors for TWD4 said ''idk, seems pretty legit to me''. I think he agrees.

But let me say this: This game got me pretty hyped. The first-person view is just so cool, reminds me of Hello Neighbor, and a Stranger Things Telltale game, a mystery that plays with an over-the-shoulder camera view, and then can transition to a first-person view in intense parts like running away from monsters seems all WITH important choices and relationships seems pretty cool to me.

• How ironic. Fans want so badly to save TWD but some of them actually don't care anymore and it seems they do everything to damage the situation even further. Just another nail to the coffin for TFS.

Ghetsis posted: »

''Former developer here. This was from an old build of a gameplay tech demo - the art is unfinished and unpolished, and not representative

• You are notr the only one brother Lee

Oh really? I had no idea. I had no idea it was even a thing until this business of the closure and the game being cancelled was mentioned.

• Yeah. It reminded me of Life is Strange with its exploration segments and Alien: Isolation or Amnesia in it's action-scenes. Looked pretty great.

Ghetsis posted: »

''Former developer here. This was from an old build of a gameplay tech demo - the art is unfinished and unpolished, and not representative

• I'll but TWD4 for 2 Dollar's.

• Wow, that was fast

• Art direction reminds me of Telltale's Guardians of the galaxy

• This Joyce scares me lol

• Ok, so, apparently they learnt nothing? FOUR projects at once. Once again! WD4, Wolf2, Minecraft port on Netflix and this?!

• edited September 2018

Except that only 6 episodes (last 2 episodes of Batman and TFS) were supposed to come out this year instead of uuuuhhh....fucking 20

Ok, so, apparently they learnt nothing? FOUR projects at once. Once again! WD4, Wolf2, Minecraft port on Netflix and this?!

• Someone should make a meme of that. Like everyone is ''screw you I like Telltale'' and then when they say they're hiring Telltale employees everyone's like ''oh okay that's cool''

They also said this; https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1044258017011806213

Sign in to comment in this discussion.