If I ever have another daughter

I might name her Clementine. I like the name. I'll call her Clem.

Is that weird, given the present shituation?

Comments

• edited September 2018

Nah not weird, in my country that name would be pretty stupid, this is an american name, maybe i might call my next dog (if I will ever have one) Clementine xD

• edited September 2018

I was thinking the same thing, I think it's a really nice name and I was considering it.

• For me, that’s gonna be highly unlikely to call her that from where I come from xD.. But maybe if I had a daughter I’d call her Mariana, I know some relatives who named their daughters like that.

• edited September 2018

Anyway now that I think about it, Clementine comes from latin (Im italian and my language is a derivation from latin) and the word is clemens which means merciful, clement.
    We actually have some similar name to Clementine but it's just for the males, it is Clemente (which I think it is also pretty common in France with Clement).
    I dont know if Clement is actually a name used in England or in USA though.

• I think its a pretty name and I like how its different/not common but it doesn't sound weird

• It isn't a common name in English speaking countries, but it isn't unusual either.

Gauss99 posted: »

Anyway now that I think about it, Clementine comes from latin (Im italian and my language is a derivation from latin) and the word is clemen

• If my future wife accepts it, I'd name my first one Clementine.. (sike or no sike)
    Where does that name even come from? I thought it wasn't a real name used, to be honest, it's unusual.

• In my language its klementtiini and its only used for the fruit

Anyway now that I think about it, Clementine comes from latin (Im italian and my language is a derivation from latin) and the word is clemen

• edited September 2018

Same here, clementina for the fruit. But Clemente is still a name often used here where I live (only for males).

In my language its klementtiini and its only used for the fruit

• Klementien here but yeah, same.

Same here, clementina for the fruit. But Clemente is still a name often used here where I live (only for males).

• We have Clementine oranges, as well.

• I'll call her Zoete Erwt (sweetpea in my lovely language)

• edited August 2019

• I would most definitely name my daughter Clementine ,and if I have another Carley.

• My nephew plays with me and he wanted to name his little sister 'Clementine', my sister hated it xD it's not a common name around here.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.