So the Responce to That Announcement Was...Mixed

Obviously us Telltale faithful are extremely glad to have hope this project can stay on its feet and finish strong, but outside of us the result was pretty mixed. People seem really upset about the fact that Telltale is prioritizing finishing a game over giving the ex employees severance. Assuming most of them are not TWDG fans and simply stumbled upon it when the news broke. Although truth be told the best chance for those employees to get their severance would be for this deal to go through (gamers aren't the best at thinking things through)
Here's hoping this negative feedback doesn't stop the potential partners from going through with the plan.
What's your take on the situation?

Comments

• Thanos lake Thanos lake

• edited September 2018

My take, those people are in a shitty situation and that sucks, but they'll land on their feet, I want the thing I've been following for years to be finished

• I believe TellTale can do it. They have multiple partners supporting them the only thing is that they don't have enough employees to stick to the original schedule. I hope that someone buys them or something we need TellTale!

• edited September 2018

I think (narrowly) Pete Hawley will succeed in getting a partnership and see this through and get melissa and co back to finish Clem story off, this is the only way they can end on a high, we can't leave clem hanging like this, she suffered enough.

• edited September 2018

I believe it will finish by the end of this year as scheduled, Pete Hawley needs to do some negotiating and talks with these partners and get some momentum back into TT again, TT need this last mojo to see them through, Melissa would be proud to see this through as her character Clem.

• edited September 2018

"Obviously us TFS faithful are extremely glad " - fixed this for You.

Telltale is not some magical beast that just poops the content... IT'S THE PEOPLE and They are gone now, all of Them. That's why You have mixed response to the news

• I hope they can finish the season for the sake of the fanbase, but I do question what happens to the fired employees if the project gets finished. Do they get paid compensation? What if episode 3 and 4 need additional writing? Can they get back the core team?

• They should pay the severence of thos who were fired first.

If you need to fire 250 people, at least have the decency to make it right afterwards.

• ...i dont know

• I agree with OP. While I think they should pay those laid of their severences first, I also see that if they had money to do it, they would've done it already. I say, let Telltale find partners to finish up TFS and then use the remaining money to pay up severences. I guess we will see what Telltale does next but I hope they will go in that direction.

• Any money they make from here on out should be given to those that lost their jobs, ffs these are human beings with bills to pay, mental and emotional health to take care of, families to look out for, ambitions and goals, some of them may have nowhere to go, some may be in a dark place now, others might not have a home unless they find work soon. I loove The Walking Dead, but REAL PEOPLE come first!!!

• Man, the longer I am on the forums the more I would like to play TFS... but I stopped playing TWD after season 2... Buying TFS right now seems like the dumbest thing I could posibly do.... I wonder, what should I do... wait for the whole season and if it's good enough - buy it? Or should I just watch the gameplays...

• Episode 1 and 2 are good soooo... maybe ?
    We still don't know if they're gonna finish the season so maybe if you can wait then... wait ?

JmoooX posted: »

Man, the longer I am on the forums the more I would like to play TFS... but I stopped playing TWD after season 2... Buying TFS right now see

• I wouldn't hope for anything like that, right now I think they're looking at what the absolute minimum would be to make the game compile and let us reach the end of the story. I expect minimal story work, art work, voice work, animation work etc. and maybe even force you into fewer choices. What keeps me hopeful is that maybe because it was always going to be the final season they'd already put a lot of thought into how it would end, if this was the middle of a regular season I'm sure we'd be boned. I mean they put out a full schedule for all four episodes and Telltale has as far as I remember never done that before. Of course it's ironic that it's the one schedule they probably won't keep.

I hope they can finish the season for the sake of the fanbase, but I do question what happens to the fired employees if the project gets fin

Sign in to comment in this discussion.