Did Telltale force us to bond with Kenny?

Because it seems like all of those who sided with Kenny get the best scenes and best endings all those who were anti-kenny got the short of end the stick. Is siding with Kenny the official canon?

Comments

• pretty much

• If you don't side with BoatGod you don't deserve the good endings!

• They didn't force you. They definitely gave you the option to shoot Kenny and as Lee you can hate Kenny throughout the entire game even when he sacrificed himself. But for players who could see the good man that he was and didn't listen to the characters who insisted otherwise, you're rewarded with reaching the fabled Wellington and the two best endings in the game.

• Kenny got the best scenes and endings because he was the best character by a clear margin in season 2. It's also why Jane, the second best character in season 2 (this becomes more and more clear the more you play the game) was one of the last characters standing.

• Yup, Just like They forced the staff to leave the building in 30 minutes

• We were forced to bond with everyone, my evil Clem playthrough had her blackmailing Rebecca and Alvin only for them to be chummy with her...

• I'm pretty sure Jane only survived the end and became a central character because players predicted the Luke vs. Kenny final fight from several episodes away and Telltale changed it to be Jane vs. Kenny instead of following through.

wdfan posted: »

Kenny got the best scenes and endings because he was the best character by a clear margin in season 2. It's also why Jane, the second best c

• I still believe that it was supposed to be Kenny vs Kenny fight over the custody of Kenny....

I'm pretty sure Jane only survived the end and became a central character because players predicted the Luke vs. Kenny final fight from several episodes away and Telltale changed it to be Jane vs. Kenny instead of following through.

• Yes and no.
    Yes, the story clearly favored the shit out of Kenny(or local Kenny-types/clones), constantly made ways/attempts to venerate him, and those who weren't on his side typically got the short end of the stick.
    No, believe it or not, the "bonding" itself was actually relatively minimal and somewhat circumstantial, from what I recall.

• Yeah, pretty much.
    And she still got the short end of the stick by a margin.

I'm pretty sure Jane only survived the end and became a central character because players predicted the Luke vs. Kenny final fight from several episodes away and Telltale changed it to be Jane vs. Kenny instead of following through.

• Yes you were forced. I did everything I could to not be his friend but you were seen as his little buddy any how. No matter what you do everything is the same. Choices matter my ass.

• Jane had dethroned Luke long before then anyway. Better interactions with Clementine, building her own fanbase and more of a friendship with Clementine etc. The point is, it ain't got nothing to do with anyone getting the short end of the stick. Kenny's scenes are better because he's generally the most interesting, well developed character in the game. It's clear to see from the moment he appears in season 2.

• So, basically, they put the sort of time and development they should've into Luke(and most of the Cabin Group, for that matter) into Jane at the last minute to capitalize on the climate.

wdfan posted: »

Jane had dethroned Luke long before then anyway. Better interactions with Clementine, building her own fanbase and more of a friendship with

• Only in S2, basically.

• Oh, for crying out loud. Let it go.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.