Episode 2 hints at the fall of Richmond

When Violet asks Clem if she has experience planning defenses, Clem says she was part of the siege of Richmond. I don't think she'd count all hell breaking loose at the execution because that wasn't a planned siege and her going back to help clean up walkers was determinant and even if she did, it wouldn't count as a siege.

I think it's a hint at what happened in Richmond and why she and AJ were on the road instead of living there. My guess is she found AJ at the ranch and took him back to Richmond, where they lived with Javi and whatever family survived with him, until someone, likely Joan or Clint, came calling with a large group and took it by force or destroyed it, at which point Clem would have taken AJ to the only other place she knew, the ranch, and they lived there until "the blood."

Comments

• I'm pretty sure it's referencing the fight after the execution since that's not determintant

• But it's not a planned siege, either. It was just a fight broke out. Violet specifically asked her if she experience planning defenses and that's when she mentions the siege of Richmond.

I'm pretty sure it's referencing the fight after the execution since that's not determintant

• They made a plan, sure it wasn't how things went in the end, but they still made a plan for if things go bad, getting the truck and all.

But it's not a planned siege, either. It was just a fight broke out. Violet specifically asked her if she experience planning defenses and that's when she mentions the siege of Richmond.

• Ok if you want to call it a plan it was an offensive plan, not a defensive plan. Again, Violet specifically asked Clem if she had experience planning defenses (against outside attackers.)

They made a plan, sure it wasn't how things went in the end, but they still made a plan for if things go bad, getting the truck and all.

• I don't think they went back to Richmond. AJ talks about the ranch but never Richmond, I doubt they'd go to Richmond then back to the ranch and it sounds like theyve been on the road since she saved AJ from there

Ok if you want to call it a plan it was an offensive plan, not a defensive plan. Again, Violet specifically asked Clem if she had experience planning defenses (against outside attackers.)

• AJ was also less than 2 years old at the end of season 3. He wouldn't remember Richmond unless they had stayed for years.

I don't think they went back to Richmond. AJ talks about the ranch but never Richmond, I doubt they'd go to Richmond then back to the ranch and it sounds like theyve been on the road since she saved AJ from there

• edited September 2018

Pretty sure she was referring to what happened in A New Frontier.

• It sounded like it could go either way, but the way it was so quickly mentioned more or less guarantees she was talking about the walker invasion after Kate accidentally enabled a breach.

• I thought the same thing, that this siege was a different event, but now I'm pretty sure she was just simply referring to the events of ANF.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.