Spit (spoiler)

Did you spit on Marlon's grave?

I did and personally it felt so good after the shit Clementine was getting at the start of episode 2

Comments

• I didn't know you could do that.

• I think it was during the hub when you check on how everyone are doing with defences.

Scythenger posted: »

I didn't know you could do that.

• I did not. Marlon didn't deserve to be murdered.

• Nah, I left Marlon alone. I didn't really see any reason to, especially considering the rest of the school clearly still cared about him. Kinda felt a little disrespectful anyways.

Even after all the crap he pulled, I don't think it's in my Clem's nature to resort to that sort of thing. She's got better stuff to do.

• I did not...but I talked to Brody's grave and Nurse Martin's

• Didn't my first playthrough. Did the second time just cause I was curious if there'd be any repercussions. Despite everything, I want him to have his peace.

• Lol I felt the impulse I really did, but I restrained myself at the last second. Just thought that that would be fucked up.

• I restrained myself

I couldn't...but I did check first if anybody would be there to see it before I did it. I was surprisingly annoyed at the others and it was sort of a final "Fuck you" to Marlon and a "Fuck you" to the others.

Timcanpy posted: »

Lol I felt the impulse I really did, but I restrained myself at the last second. Just thought that that would be fucked up.

• I don't blame you.
    I'm curious, did you tell AJ that executing Marlon was wrong or did you say he was justifed?

I restrained myself I couldn't...but I did check first if anybody would be there to see it before I did it. I was surprisingly annoyed at the others and it was sort of a final "Fuck you" to Marlon and a "Fuck you" to the others.

• I told him that he was wrong but I would've wanted to add that I understand why he did it and that he shouldn't be too hard on himself about it.

I don't blame you. I'm curious, did you tell AJ that executing Marlon was wrong or did you say he was justifed?

• That's exactly what I wouldve wanted and even said so in another thread. I had to let him know that what he did was wrong, but I was sad to see AJ going down this guilt spiral because, between you and me, Marlon probably had it coming.

I told him that he was wrong but I would've wanted to add that I understand why he did it and that he shouldn't be too hard on himself about it.

• edited September 2018

This is seriously one of the coldest choices Clementine can make in the entire series in my opinion. It's just so extremely, extremely disrespectful. Marlon wasnt bad to the point he'd deserve that.

• Marlon probably had it coming

He certainly did.

between you and me

Funny considering its a public chat :D

That's exactly what I wouldve wanted and even said so in another thread. I had to let him know that what he did was wrong, but I was sad to see AJ going down this guilt spiral because, between you and me, Marlon probably had it coming.

• I half wanted to, but I didn't.

• edited September 2018

No i didn't. Didn't even consider it. It'd be extremely hypocritical of me to do so when I just got done telling AJ that killing Marlon was wrong and that some people deserve to be forgiven.

• No. I was surprised to even see that choice there.
    I don't think any version of Clem would do that. Maybe ANF one but cough that's not canon cough

• Arguably, he was. He sold 2 girls into slavery, actually killed a person (Brody) and no amount of justifying can make her un-dead, and he tried to kill Clem by locking her in a basement with zombie Brody. I still stand by the fact that AJ executing Marlon when he was not a treat was wrong, but the dude definitely had it coming, at least in my opinion. I wouldve liked to see him dead but not by AJ's hands.

Razer531 posted: »

This is seriously one of the coldest choices Clementine can make in the entire series in my opinion. It's just so extremely, extremely disrespectful. Marlon wasnt bad to the point he'd deserve that.

• Agreed

Arguably, he was. He sold 2 girls into slavery, actually killed a person (Brody) and no amount of justifying can make her un-dead, and he t

• Fuck. I'm gonna replay it tomorrow just so I can do that.

• Hmm I don't know maybe you're right, but nevertheless the spit looks so extremely cruel that I just can't... I mean I know Marlon was really really bad but just the way she spits on it and all looks too cold to me.

Arguably, he was. He sold 2 girls into slavery, actually killed a person (Brody) and no amount of justifying can make her un-dead, and he t

• To be honest, it’s disrespectful to disrespect the dead...Even though he was a cowardly piece of garbage.

• edited September 2018

I didn’t. One he didn’t deserve it (sort of) and two it was just disrespectful... also, three Rosie was right there and I want my doggo to be my ultimate companion...right next to louis.

• I was wondering if someone else would make a thread about this, or even notice it at all.

I chose to leave him, because it doesn't feel like something Clem would do, and Marlon fucked up royally, but he's certainly not a monster like Carver.

I'd have spat on Carver's grave in-game if that had been a thing.

• It's not canon? Where'd you get that idea from? ANF Clem IS canon and you can't really say otherwise... as much as ANF sucked. It existed, so people need to get over it at this point.

No. I was surprised to even see that choice there. I don't think any version of Clem would do that. Maybe ANF one but cough that's not canon cough

• Absolutely. Fuck Marlon.

• edited September 2018

Nah. There are many people in their world that are way worse. But I did try replaying it just out of curiosity to see if someone would notice but... nothing happens.

• Thanks

I think it was during the hub when you check on how everyone are doing with defences.

• No, spitting on someone's grave is pretty low although I was curious if it would change any dialogue later.

• I accidentally spit on the grave because I think there will be other option if click that 'Spit?', there is even a question mark on it so I thought there will be something, and then I regret it :s

• I did it, just because it was an option, not because I hated him or anything

• My Clem hates Marlon, but he's dead so she's willing to let the vendetta end there, wasn't much to gain and she didn't want to risk pissing Mitch off even more.

• I did but not because i wanted to (i found it out of character for my Clem)I pushed the button on impulse cause immediately after looking at the grave the promp pulled up and i pushed it with out thinking, not the first time too itchy trigger fingerings have made me do wrong actions in games.

• You can do that?
    Probably not, as it's disrespectful as shit.

• Oh shit, you can do that too? Dayum.

I did not...but I talked to Brody's grave and Nurse Martin's

• Fun fact: Rebecca was supposed to spit into Carver's skull at one point.

LLemonSS posted: »

I was wondering if someone else would make a thread about this, or even notice it at all. I chose to leave him, because it doesn't feel l

• I didn't/wouldn't. I just find spitting on people's graves so pointless and just disrespectful. Spitting on his grave just seemed like some petty childish shit to do, and people were in mourning. You can hate Marlon all you want, but people were sad in the group, esp. Louis and even if they don't see you spit on his grave, it just seems fucked up.

Also Rosie was laying beside his grave and just... No.

• I did it and I'd do it again because Marlon tried to kill Clementine and frame her for murder. That choice was so satisfying.

• It was a joke but ok

Megaodg33 posted: »

It's not canon? Where'd you get that idea from? ANF Clem IS canon and you can't really say otherwise... as much as ANF sucked. It existed, so people need to get over it at this point.

• Huh.... interesting..

DabigRG posted: »

Fun fact: Rebecca was supposed to spit into Carver's skull at one point.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.