Is teaching Aj regret a good thing?

Is it really important to teach Aj regret or it just depends on the situation?

Comments

• It's a good thing, it may play a role in the future by making him think before shooting.

• Yeah, it's a good idea. We need to show him that there are consequences to his actions, and if we don't teach him these things, what's to stop the kid in the future from killing without remorse about any of it?

Better to put these lessons into his head early on so he doesn't turn into a serial killer later on :/

• Yes he need to learn that some actions have consequences! ;)

• I agree tbh AJ needs to learn more on his emotions and his actions.

Yes he need to learn that some actions have consequences!

• Yes. Regret is an important emotion to understand. Helps one reflect and correct behavior that lead to mistakes.

• Exactly...and the story is better for it...gunning down Marlon was murder. I felt for AJ as I explained it to him.

DabigRG posted: »

Yes. Regret is an important emotion to understand. Helps one reflect and correct behavior that lead to mistakes.

• TBh It was murder but at the same time he was a bad guy or AJ so call it a "monster", but Marlonw as trying to help the community so.

Exactly...and the story is better for it...gunning down Marlon was murder. I felt for AJ as I explained it to him.

• Aj needs to learn more on regret, remembering the scene where he didn’t know what a firefighter was or a policeman was. Yeah he has a long way.

Exactly...and the story is better for it...gunning down Marlon was murder. I felt for AJ as I explained it to him.

• Hold on hasn't Clem killed dozens of people?

What's with the selective morality?

Yeah, it's a good idea. We need to show him that there are consequences to his actions, and if we don't teach him these things, what's to st

• Clem could commit mass genocide and we would still love her to be honest :D

Hold on hasn't Clem killed dozens of people? What's with the selective morality?

• I don't remember Clementine killing one of her own people when they weren't a threat. (except Kenny after killing Jane which was dumb)

Hold on hasn't Clem killed dozens of people? What's with the selective morality?

• edited September 2018

Uh, Eli in ANF?

And that's on-screen.

I don't remember Clementine killing one of her own people when they weren't a threat. (except Kenny after killing Jane which was dumb)

• 1) Eli wasn't exactly "one of her own people".
    2) It was an accident.
    3) ANF is a joke.

Uh, Eli in ANF? And that's on-screen.

• LaFlameSaurusLaFlameSaurus Banned
    edited September 2018

please dont mention ANF,reading those 3 letters hurts

Uh, Eli in ANF? And that's on-screen.

• LaFlameSaurusLaFlameSaurus Banned
    edited September 2018

uh,YEAH

• edited September 2018
    1. Lol, Marlon is not AJ or Clems's "people" by your standard too then. They've been there for barely 2 days.

Technically, Clem was a member of Prescott for a month, and she actually knew Eli too.

1. AJ killing Marlon could also been seen as an accidental lapse in judgment.

1) Eli wasn't exactly "one of her own people". 2) It was an accident. 3) ANF is a joke.

• Not entirely, while I agree that AJ and Clem weren't exactly with Ericson group, it still doesn't change that Marlon wasn't a threat and AJ pulled the trigger on purpose. Also Clem was just visiting Prescott, she didn't live there.

* Lol, Marlon is not AJ or Clems's "people" by your standard too then. They've been there for barely 2 days. Technically, Clem was a mem

• Uh, no Tripp says Clem was a regular there before she was kicked out. Prescott is actually the place Ava and the NF suggests Clem to go after taking AJ from her.

From AJ's perspective, Marlon fake-sobbing for two seconds didn't suddenly stop him form being a lying, self-centered coward who sold children into slavery and just finished killing Brody, attempted to kill Clem, then blame Clem, and then still try to kill Clem, then threaten everyone with a gun.

Not entirely, while I agree that AJ and Clem weren't exactly with Ericson group, it still doesn't change that Marlon wasn't a threat and AJ pulled the trigger on purpose. Also Clem was just visiting Prescott, she didn't live there.

• Here we go again... Alexa play Take Us Back

Uh, no Tripp says Clem was a regular there before she was kicked out. Prescott is actually the place Ava and the NF suggests Clem to go afte

• This conversation is leading nowhere, let's stop here before it turns ugly.

Uh, no Tripp says Clem was a regular there before she was kicked out. Prescott is actually the place Ava and the NF suggests Clem to go afte

• Yes. While I always understand AJ's mindset behind killing Marlon, he needs to learn that Marlon was talked down and was no longer a threat to Clem and co. It's teaching him about humanity and that not every situation has to involve killing someone.

• It's not really about teaching AJ regret (I don't think you can teach someone how to regret). It's about teaching AJ what's right and what's wrong. Shooting Marlon was uncalled for. AJ has to learn that, otherwise he will repeat his mistake.

• Restraint is the stronger word.

• I think it's useless teaching him much of anything anymore.

• edited September 2018

lol, just admit you're wrong. Clem LIVED in Prescott. Yet no one gave a shit about Clem's legal stipulations.

Actually play ANF.

This conversation is leading nowhere, let's stop here before it turns ugly.

• She definitely frequented it a good bit, but seemingly preferred to come and go.

lol, just admit you're wrong. Clem LIVED in Prescott. Yet no one gave a shit about Clem's legal stipulations. Actually play ANF.

• edited September 2018

I've a feeling someone's gonna die coz AJ will hesitate to shoot a bad guy if we keep making him feel bad about Marlon.

Or he will kill another person unnecessarily if we encourage him.

• edited September 2018

I mean I would hope TT wouldn't make it so that the people scolding AJ for being a "murderer" would be outright rewarded for it. That would be one-sided and moralistic.

It would be interesting to see how this plays out for the "AJ needs to be humanized" camp, and the "AJ needs to be a survivor" camp.

Like what if Clem gets bitten or dies because you told AJ to be ashamed of his survival instincts?

Pride posted: »

I've a feeling someone's gonna die coz AJ will hesitate to shoot a bad guy if we keep making him feel bad about Marlon. Or he will kill another person unnecessarily if we encourage him.

• That would be one-sided

So, right up Telltale's assy then.

I mean I would hope TT wouldn't make it so that the people scolding AJ for being a "murderer" would be outright rewarded for it. That would

Sign in to comment in this discussion.