Idea for Telltale TWD story. Good or bad?

So I am planning on writing a Walking Dead story. I had an idea for the primary antagonists for Clementine and the other remaining characters of TFS.

They would be a group of entirely female survivors who have had tragic and cruel experiences post apocalypse at the hands of men. And as such they harbour a deep resentment and hatred to any Males left in the world. Now in this Story they want to recruit Clementine but the catch is she still has AJ. Which is at odds with the groups mission statement. Clementine's refusal to let them take AJ causes them to believe she is a sympathiser to males and as such is "against them" being the fuel for war between Clementines group and the others...

Does this sound ridiculous or is there potential? It's a very basic idea but I think if done right there could be good depth to be had in conversations etc. With the antagonists. I have ideas on really interesting backstories and twists that could go somewhere but don't want to give too much away.

Comments

• Sounds like Oceanside LMFAO

• Let me tell you how well this will go down in the video game community if this was a thing:
    Horribly.

• I did think that momentarily but they seemed to attack anyone that came near them lol

Sounds like Oceanside LMFAO

• Why so? Cause womenz hate men? There are women out there who irrationally fear all men after horrible experiences with one or two.

bobshaw posted: »

Let me tell you how well this will go down in the video game community if this was a thing: Horribly.

• No offense, but it wouldn't really work.

• Well the plot sounds irrational at best. And yes, people will think there may be some kind of sociopolitical agenda behind it.

SemiSweet posted: »

Why so? Cause womenz hate men? There are women out there who irrationally fear all men after horrible experiences with one or two.

• No problem. Its just an idea. I want to write something with these characters and am brainstorming potential ideas :) why wouldn't it work?

No offense, but it wouldn't really work.

• What makes it irrational?

bobshaw posted: »

Well the plot sounds irrational at best. And yes, people will think there may be some kind of sociopolitical agenda behind it.

• And as such they harbour a deep resentment and hatred to any Males left in the world

Right. World full of walkers, people killing eachother, resources are scarce as anything and people are becoming a rare sight, and you're telling me a bunch of these women have the time of day to resent all males with a desire to kill all of them.

Now in this Story they want to recruit Clementine but the catch is she still has AJ. Which is at odds with the groups mission statement. Clementine's refusal to let them take AJ causes them to believe she is a sympathiser to males and as such is "against them"

Okay. So why don't they just leave.

What makes it irrational?

• Feminist Psychopaths ?

• edited September 2018

I feel that the idea of anti-male survivors wouldn't be too bad if you are able to write a compelling reason for them to hate men, it all comes down to your writing skills. Since you said they hate men because of a traumatic experience, I feel that you might be able to pull it off if you can detail the traumatic experience and the mental problems that arose from it, you might make those antagonists work if you are a very skilled writer (Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not suggesting that you are bad writer at all). I'm not saying that it wouldn't work, I'm just saying that it would be really difficult and there are some better ideas out there. Definitely try your story out and adjust it accordingly, and keep us updated.

No problem. Its just an idea. I want to write something with these characters and am brainstorming potential ideas why wouldn't it work?

• To be fair: most games have a sociopolitical agenda sprinkled in throughout the game. That is just the way games are.

Now it doesn't have to be due to a traumatic experience per say. Just use the typical feminist archetype.

That could make for an interesting dynamic. You could even use it as a way to explore the 'what if' a feminist designed society existed. Would men be treated as second rate citizens, humiliated and shamed for simply existing? Would they be trusted enough to fight as soldiers in the society? If so, would they just be used as cannon fodder? If not, how do the women overcome a serious loss of combat power?

That kind of stuff.

• I mean, it sounds interesting, but..

• They would be a group of entirely female survivors who have had tragic and cruel experiences post apocalypse at the hands of men. And as such they harbour a deep resentment and hatred to any Males left in the world.

If this story of yours is erotica that includes this group of women capturing a helpless guy who wanders aimlessly inside their turf, whose newfound purpose is to be their reproductive sex slave until his balls run dry, with lots of descriptive details, then it'll be a great story. Yeah it sounds pretty fine to me.

• As a matter of fact, why don't we get started on it right now? :D

• Wtf?

@awesomeguyrocks Sounds like Oceanside LMFAO

That shit exists?

Dex-Starr posted: »

They would be a group of entirely female survivors who have had tragic and cruel experiences post apocalypse at the hands of men. And as suc

• Eeeeeehh... nah. No offense. Then again, the kids dynamic worked for TFS (not really, Brick Vs Log choices. seriously Telltale? Is this what TWD has come to?)

• The Walking Dead: After Hours?

DabigRG posted: »

Wtf? @awesomeguyrocks Sounds like Oceanside LMFAO That shit exists?

• Now it's romantic story game. Nothing to do with the walker but I kinda like it lol

Sign in to comment in this discussion.