TFS is removed from online stores

Is this the end? WTF is going on?

Tagged:

Comments

• edited September 2018

Yikes what are the details? Don't know what happened but maybe its the result of support services being flooded

• edited September 2018

It’s just... gone. Go to TT’s current series on this website, go to TFS and when you click on Xbox or PS4 it shows them as removed.

Piggs posted: »

Yikes what are the details? Don't know what happened but maybe its the result of support services being flooded

• Looks like it's still up on steam, so maybe this was an individual decision on the part of sony/microsoft

It’s just... gone. Go to TT’s current series on this website, go to TFS and when you click on Xbox or PS4 it shows them as removed.

• Idk man but I don’t like it. Maybe it’ll just get removed from steam in a little bit.

Piggs posted: »

Looks like it's still up on steam, so maybe this was an individual decision on the part of sony/microsoft

• This is wierd...still on steam...but GOG says tba...someone might have bought it.

• edited September 2018

I swear if they (by they I mean the new company) cancel TFS and restart a whole new season I’m gonna be pissed. Because you know they just might milk tf out of this franchise.

This is wierd...still on steam...but GOG says tba...someone might have bought it.

• ok cannot buy it on Steam...but can on MS store

• For me it said I couldn’t. Only if you had a redeem code.

ok cannot buy it on Steam...but can on MS store

• Hmmmm

For me it said I couldn’t. Only if you had a redeem code.

• The way I see it we have a few options
    1. The game was cancelled (least likely imo, doesn't make sense)
    2. Telltale is doing this because they're not sure they can complete the season, and are withdrawing as a legal protection and preemptive measure.
    3. They've made a deal for another company to complete the season, and are withdrawing it so that they can re-license the game.

My personal theory is 2, but 3 is also possible. 1 doesn't make much sense, as there are plenty of games out there available from companies that are long gone.

• Yup 3 makes sense cause I guess they are re-licensing the game. Btw? This is Temporary after all. Telltale Temporary removes The Walking Dead Final Season from sale I think we have to wait for a update. Most likely this is a updated of re-licensing and sale it to a company.

The way I see it we have a few options 1. The game was cancelled (least likely imo, doesn't make sense) 2. Telltale is doing this because

• It’s still up on the Nintendo e-shop, just checked.

• Futter said on his twitter that if this was the case all TWD games would be removed, so now that option isn't looking totally likely. Although this might be deal just for TFS, and in that case I'm not totally sure if that rule would still apply.

I still think 2 is what's going on, and it basically just confirms what we already know. They're working on a solution.

strwar3 posted: »

Yup 3 makes sense cause I guess they are re-licensing the game. Btw? This is Temporary after all. Telltale Temporary removes The Walking Dea

• I am hoping we know the status soon. I just want to know.

• edited September 2018

Does that mean if option 2 is going to happen? Then that make sense,but will it be delayed? Because they already released the dates for this game. I want to see it completed.

Futter said on his twitter that if this was the case all TWD games would be removed, so now that option isn't looking totally likely. Althou

• edited September 2018

The episodes are definitely getting delayed. Telltale has to sort through a lot of shit so I’m guessing we’ll have to wait a month or two longer for episode 3, maybe more. That’s just my guess though.

Does that mean if option 2 is going to happen? Then that make sense,but will it be delayed? Because they already released the dates for this game. I want to see it completed.

• It is very likely it will be delayed. Episode 4 it seems like they're not working at all according to the SteamDB, just Episode 3. Episode 3 has an extraordinarily slim chance of releasing on time, Episode 4 100% is delayed unless a miracle happens.

If it delays it's honestly fine, it's better than having no conclusion at all.

• edited September 2018

If it delays it's honestly fine, it's better than having no conclusion at all.

It is delayed for episode 4? Then I think it could be delayed for a month or two. I can wait that long. I deserve to see a conclusion to this final season. At least I brought the the final season pre-order. I will wait for ep 4. Episode 3 is likely going to be released on time.but I want to see my choices soon from EP 2.

It is very likely it will be delayed. Episode 4 it seems like they're not working at all according to the SteamDB, just Episode 3. Episode 3

• Oh yeah I have no clue why we can't see choices, that's bizarre to me since you can see them for other telltale games.

If it delays it's honestly fine, it's better than having no conclusion at all. It is delayed for episode 4? Then I think it could be

• I had to go into the game menu to find it for Ps4. I figured this would happen since it would be a bad idea to still have it up for sale

• Come on Telltale. If you leave the games up, you'll make more money off them

Sign in to comment in this discussion.