Will someone help me understand EXACTLY what is happening with the Walking Dead?

So, I'm not too sure what's going on with The Walking Dead? Obviously, I know of the latest news. However, I don't know how they can justify not selling episodes separately when the last time they offered (only) the Season Pass; the company went bankrupt. If we pay for the Season Pass, do we now have to wait on a whim that another company will finish the episodes off? How long will that take, if it even happens? The purchase of a Season Pass does not seem to justify the possibility that it might come out or eventually be completed.

Comments

• Here warch this

• Thank you, sir. All apologies, but that was some more ambiguity. I guess there's no need to play it.

MrGraffio posted: »

Here warch this

• Telltale has been struggling financially for many years as a result of poor management by former CEO Kevin Bruner, who kept pumping and rushing out games, overworking staff, and expanding the company to take on more projects.
    • The only Telltale games to run a profit since 2012 have been TWD S1 and Minecraft S1. Every other game, including TFTBL, TWAU, and TWD S2 and ANF all caused Telltale to lose money.
    • Bruner was essentially forced out and new CEO Pete Hawley took over. He took several steps to try and improve Telltale, including firing 25% of Telltale staff back in 2017 and focusing more on quality, rather than on quantity.
    • Despite uptick in quality, games were still not selling (The Enemy Within and TFS)
    • Former CEO Bruner sued the company for monetary damages, where Telltale alleged that it was in the midst of trying to turn itself around and was experience financial difficulties thanks to Bruner's decisions.
    • Telltale was in talks with Lionsgate, AMC, and Smilegate for investment that would keep the company going for a little while. Telltale seemed confident these deals would be made, but all of them withdrew on Thursday.
    • This prompted Telltale to layoff 90% of their entire company the next day, reducing them to a small, 25 person team. Those fired included the entire team working on The Final Season.
    • All future projects, such as TWAU S2 and Stranger Things, were cancelled, and Telltale is currently talking with other companies to continue TFS.
    • Former Telltale employees are now suing Telltale, saying they violated the WARN Act and may be required to pay hefty financial payments to all of them.

That pretty much sums it all up.

• Thanks, buddy.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.