So, About Minnie and Lilly's Community...

When Lilly baited the kids, she seemed to know an awful lot about them. Well, not a lot but she knew enough to put labels on them. She knew Minnie had a girlfriend (Vi), knew about a boy who always made her laugh, no matter what (Lou), and the fact that she had a brother.

How do you suppose Minnie and Sophie were really treated at their delta? James said they'd have to fight for them, but what do you think it was like in their community?

Do you think they made Minnie and Sophie feel comfortable enough to eventually open up? Think they threatened them?

A small part of me has a theory that Minnie didn't mind Lilly going after the others, as long as she promised they wouldn't kill anyone, which could explain why she looked a bit off after killing Mitch and just said "Fuck it", but I most likely reaching with that one. I don't know. It's curious though.

Comments

• edited September 2018

Lily and Abel kidnapping kids against their will may not have as much of a negative impact as we thought.
    In the Purge 2: Anarchy, there was this group of black guys who just grabbed folks off the street but weren’t really the main bad guys, they were just making a profit. In similar fashion , the raiders might just be regular survivors forced to cooperate in exchange for power, food, and safety that they wouldnt find anywhere else.
    So when Sophie and Minnie arrive there, they’d be treated harmoniously and become new raiders, fighting so they can keep living their new life of privelage.
    When Negan escaped his cell in the comics, he knew there was no life outside of the communities he once ruled, so what did he do? He fought on Ricks behalf and came right back.

• Makes a lot of sense. If we ever get Ep 3, it's gonna be interesting to see how things play out for sure.

Lily and Abel kidnapping kids against their will may not have as much of a negative impact as we thought. In the Purge 2: Anarchy, there w

• edited September 2018

Why didn't they just kidnap all the kids a year ago?

• Probably they did not need the numbers for who ever Lilly group or Marlon did not let them take all the students at once

• It seems the raiders may not be as "villainous" as they may come off as. I do find it odd yet interesting that two survivor factions are at war.

• edited September 2018

Could be a number of things. But the one that makes the most sense to me is they likely didn't have the resources to accommodate every child there. Either that or, you know, plot.

EDIT: Another thing could be they weren't doing things like this until that point last year or a small time before that. They maybe wanted to run a test first and Minnie and/or Sophie proved to be capable, so they came back.

• We know that Lilly was probably with Abel wen they met Marlon, Brody, Sophie, and Minnie out on the road a year ago. How Marlon came to select the two must have made things very emotional for the kids out there. Call it a hunch, but I think Lilly got heartbroken by the event and insisted that they never bother the kids again.
    But as the war raged on, more people died, things getting desperate, she now has to bite the bullet and act like a heartless monster in order to get over it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.