Did Violet betray Minnie?

edited September 2018 in The Walking Dead

I don't mean to offend any shipping fans here, but if Violet really cared about Minnie as much as she described she did in episode 1, why did she enter Violetine relationship? In episode 1 she learned that Sophie and Minnie weren't killed by walkers, and in episode 2 that they are part of Lilly's army now and they could be either dead or alive. I'd expect Violet to be eager to get to Lilly's group and see if Minnie is still alive or even offer herself to Lilly to save everyone else so that she can get to Minnie, and, if Minnie is to die in that war, they are going to die together there. But yeah at least she'd wanna go after Lilly's group.

Comments

• Yes.
    Though tbf, is it really a relationship?

• edited September 2018

What do you mean? Of course it is. You can even tell Violet you want them to be girlfriends and she says she wants so too.

DabigRG posted: »

Yes. Though tbf, is it really a relationship?

• Violet thought Minnie was dead for over a year. She obviously still cares about her and hopes she's alive, but a year is enough time to start a new relationship.

• It would not be the same Minnie that violet fell in love with

• True, IF Violetine happened before Violet learned Minnie might still be alive, but it didn't happen until after Violet learned Minnie might still be alive, which makes it weird.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Violet thought Minnie was dead for over a year. She obviously still cares about her and hopes she's alive, but a year is enough time to start a new relationship.

• Not if she may be alive and could go after her.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Violet thought Minnie was dead for over a year. She obviously still cares about her and hopes she's alive, but a year is enough time to start a new relationship.

• Well I picked Louis so I don’t gotta deal with that shit.

• Well maybe she had the time to cope with her "death" and her love for Minnie isn't here anymore, or just not the same.

• Something occurred to me...why did Violet not go with Marlon and the twins...was her relationship with Minnie over? It could be they broke up but Violet still missed her.

• edited September 2018

I’m thinking the other way around. Minnie is probably in a relationship and feels bad about betraying Violet. Might effect her if you let her get captured.

• I think if that were the case Violet would have mentioned it. Violet said she wanted to work in the greenhouse the day she was supposed to go with Marlon and the twins, which could have been for any number of reasons. People in relationships don't always have to be glued to each other's hips. Maybe she wasn't feeling well and didn't feel up to walking who knows how far and wanted to just hang out around the school and take it easy in the greenhouse.

Something occurred to me...why did Violet not go with Marlon and the twins...was her relationship with Minnie over? It could be they broke up but Violet still missed her.

• I don't remember that from the second playthrough I watch, but meh.
    The romance element did not interest me.

Razer531 posted: »

What do you mean? Of course it is. You can even tell Violet you want them to be girlfriends and she says she wants so too.

• They would've brought that up by now.

Something occurred to me...why did Violet not go with Marlon and the twins...was her relationship with Minnie over? It could be they broke up but Violet still missed her.

• Because it would not have been anyone's business if they had broken up...and does Vi of all them seem to be one to slack off and take it easy?

I think if that were the case Violet would have mentioned it. Violet said she wanted to work in the greenhouse the day she was supposed to g

• I'm not saying slack off, just some jobs are physically easier than others, and if she weren't feeling well, maybe lady troubles for example, she might prefer to work the greenhouse than go out walking who knows where for hours on end.

As for your other point, fair enough, I suppose, but when Lilly is trying to trick Violet into coming out of hiding she talks about Minnie mentioning her girlfriend. If they had broken up it's doubtful Minnie would refer to violet as her girlfriend to her captors.

Because it would not have been anyone's business if they had broken up...and does Vi of all them seem to be one to slack off and take it easy?

• And to support your point, you shouldn't really over-analyse miniscule details in Telltale games unless it's TWAU :D

I'm not saying slack off, just some jobs are physically easier than others, and if she weren't feeling well, maybe lady troubles for example

• If they had broken up it's doubtful Minnie would refer to violet as her girlfriend to her captors.

If anything, I think that type of situation would make her yearn for what used to be.

I'm not saying slack off, just some jobs are physically easier than others, and if she weren't feeling well, maybe lady troubles for example

• Even still. She started to develop feelings for Clementine before she found out the truth. The past year of not knowing and the growing feelings she was feeling towards Clementine should be enough to change how she feels about Minnie. Yeah, she still wants her to be alive but realizes she’s in love with someone else by the time she finds out.

True, IF Violetine happened before Violet learned Minnie might still be alive, but it didn't happen until after Violet learned Minnie might still be alive, which makes it weird.

• There is absolutely no reason for anyone to purposely let themselves get caught just to go in and save someone. This isn’t a spy movie. Violet letting herself get caught for that purpose just weakens Clementine’s chances of saving anyone and Violet may very well get stuck there if she purposely let herself get caught. It’s completwly counterproductive.

Razer531 posted: »

Not if she may be alive and could go after her.

• edited September 2018

No, I don't think so. Maybe Violet fell out of love with Minnie between the time she thought she was dead. I mean, relationships tend to come and go with young teenagers. Though, if Minnie is alive and still loves Violet, then she'll feel betrayed.

• edited September 2018

Lilly used Minnie as a manipulation technique to get Violet and the rest of the boarding school kids to come out and surrendered peacefully. So we still don't know if Minnie's dead or alive - though I 100% think both of the twins are still alive. And if she is, it's most likely Minnie's not going to be the same person Violet fell for.

Violet thought Minnie was dead for over a year, so I think she's allowed to start crushing on Clem. However, people can't help the way the way they feel about others. So once Violet found out Minnie is still potentially alive she can't just automatically ditch the way she feels about Clem, she might have feelings for both for all we know.

Plus Violet, clearly will always care about Minnie even if she does move on. After all, she's refusing to let Marlon have some peace after what she found out he did to them.

• All I know is if Violet leaves Clementine for Minnie, one of these days she's gon' wake up killt

• Didn't u ship Clouis?

Dex-Starr posted: »

All I know is if Violet leaves Clementine for Minnie, one of these days she's gon' wake up killt

• In fairness to Violet, Clem did make the move to kiss her. Of course she reciprocated the feelings. But let's put ourselves in Violet's shoes. In her mind, she probably assumes Minnie is dead or even maybe that Minnie if still alive moved on after all this time. I mean if Minnie found love at the raider camp would that be betraying Violet? They have no way of knowing if the other is alive or what is going on romantically with the other. Sometimes you gotta move on. It'd only be betrayal if Minnie was confirmed to be coming back.

I think it'd be kinda unfair if we discover Minnie and it turns out she has a new girlfriend (I really assume this will happen) for Violet to get mad. She's been kidnapped for well over a year. At this point it's not a confirm that she's ever coming back.

• Oh! Um......you see, there was this uhh....this thing that was ve-- OVER THERE! IT'S A THING!!

Didn't u ship Clouis?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.