Anyone else try to ______ Lilly?

I shot her, then died. Laughed my ass off. Worth it lol.

Comments

• For a moment I had forgotten that certain choices just get you killed. I laughed so badly at myself.

• I made that mistake as well then I got game over after I killed Lilly

• edited August 2019

• I'm kinda annoyed about the Lilly thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't fans wanting her back because she would be a conflicting villain for Clem, because they have history? But she's just a murdering psychopath. No redeeming qualities at all.

• edited September 2018

Believe it or not, I actually kinda appreciated the options to attempt to attack her.
    Though the results of determinantly telling Violet to shoot her in forest honestly surprised me.

Don't know if I'd have done so myself.

• A murdering psychopath is not what was depicted, otherwise why would she show regret over killing Mitch and couldn't kill Clementine?

I'm kinda annoyed about the Lilly thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't fans wanting her back because she would be a conflicting villain for Clem, because they have history? But she's just a murdering psychopath. No redeeming qualities at all.

• She’s still alive at the end no matterwhat you do so she’s clearly coming back, and with that, there’s a good chance for an arc to be established for her. She could take Clem but then release her, who knows? If you call her family at the end, she does show a lot of hesitancy. That must play a part further down the line.
    Of course, I’m still gonna kill her when I get the chance.

I'm kinda annoyed about the Lilly thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't fans wanting her back because she would be a conflicting villain for Clem, because they have history? But she's just a murdering psychopath. No redeeming qualities at all.

• Yeah not really believable when you go through communities killing kids if they don't agree to come with you, just look at Abel, he shot a 6 year old kid in the stomach with a fucking shotgun.

These guys are beyond any redemption in my eyes. And this is coming from someone who defended Marlon at any opportunity I could.

prink34320 posted: »

A murdering psychopath is not what was depicted, otherwise why would she show regret over killing Mitch and couldn't kill Clementine?

• Right, because Lilly is responsible for Abel's actions? Only reason Mitch died was because he ran into her knife... literally and she alone is not the decision maker when it comes to enlisting people for their army, and they're not exclusively after kids.

Yeah not really believable when you go through communities killing kids if they don't agree to come with you, just look at Abel, he shot a 6

• edited October 2018

She's not just a murdering psychopath. If she was, she wouldn't find hard to kill Clem when she was on her knees. She just couldn't do it. She doesn't even try to shoot at the end if Clem tells her that she was family.

It's pretty clear that Lily is conflicted about all this. She's ruthless, she's become a raider, she's killed and she has done horrible things since we split up with her. She accepted this; but when she finds Clementine it's not that easy. She's not just another girl who gets in her way. She's the little girl who survived with her when the outbreak began. She was witness to many of the events that shaped her (the death of her father and murder of Doug/Carley).

She's only had around 10 minutes of screen time. I'm sure that we'll see much more of her in subsequent episodes (hopefully, if TFS can be finished). She can be a great villain as long as she's handled properly, because it makes sense for the character to develop this way.

• edited September 2018

Yes she is responsible for his actions, correct me if I'm wrong but she's the leader is she not? Also doesn't she say something along the lines of. "Kill who you have too, take the rest." What a great character so far.

prink34320 posted: »

Right, because Lilly is responsible for Abel's actions? Only reason Mitch died was because he ran into her knife... literally and she alone

• No amount of mushy "we used to be a family" bs is going to change the fact she kills children if they don't come with her peacefully. And then if they do, she uses them in her wars. AKA child fucking soldiers. It's one of the worst things you can do.

Shaboomm posted: »

She's not just a murdering psychopath. If she was, she wouldn't find hard to kill Clem when she was on her knees. She just couldn't do it. S

• And where exactly have I said that? I'm only saying that a raging murdering psychopath has no second thoughts when it comes to killing people. Lily does. I'm not saying she's a good person. I'm not saying she's redeemable. I'm only saying that there's more to her character than what you claim.

No amount of mushy "we used to be a family" bs is going to change the fact she kills children if they don't come with her peacefully. And then if they do, she uses them in her wars. AKA child fucking soldiers. It's one of the worst things you can do.

• Lilly doesn't want to kill the kids because dead kids can't fight their war for them... That's really not a hard concept.

And where exactly have I said that? I'm only saying that a raging murdering psychopath has no second thoughts when it comes to killing peopl

• Fair enough, she's not a psychopath then. She still doesn't care about any of the other kids, except Clementine.

And where exactly have I said that? I'm only saying that a raging murdering psychopath has no second thoughts when it comes to killing peopl

• edited September 2018

That got me thinking too, if Lilly never met clem, shewould have definitely shot her. Hell, even knowing her, she still attempts to pull the trigger 3/4 times.

Yeah not really believable when you go through communities killing kids if they don't agree to come with you, just look at Abel, he shot a 6

• I'm not exactly saying she's not going to have a redemption arc. I'm just saying I'm not accepting it, when it comes.

• With the other kids? Yeah, obviously.

With Clem? Absolutely not. Lily's reluctance to kill Clementine goes far beyond than seeing her utility for the war. It's made pretty clear throughout the episode.

Lilly doesn't want to kill the kids because dead kids can't fight their war for them... That's really not a hard concept.

• She may be the leader of the recruiters but I doubt the leader of the community would be putting themselves in danger looking for recruits, in the end Abel is still responsible for his own actions, he even attacks Clem telling her that Lilly isn't around to save her.
    She says that after realizing that they're not gonna come peacefully, she's still a bitch in this episode though.

Yes she is responsible for his actions, correct me if I'm wrong but she's the leader is she not? Also doesn't she say something along the lines of. "Kill who you have too, take the rest." What a great character so far.

• Yes, I have spoiled the episode for myself. And I am SUPER glad upon Lilly's return, I'm not surprised she's part of a raider group. But while indeed she does seem cold and cruel, wanting the kids for her Delta group, when any moment comes to what this page mentions, I will always say this about Lilly:

Yes, when she had Clementine point blank in her sights near the end, she hesitates, hence indicating:

Now come to think of it, I almost feel like Luke in Return of the Jedi, trying to bring back his father. Only, Clementine maybe try to bring her back. Like I had hoped Clem would do.

I want to believe it possible.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.