Should I Play ANF bfore jumping to season 4?

Guys, I don't know what to do, I stopped playing TWD after season 2, and given the recent circumstances I wanted to give TFS a try....

Should I play ANF before doing that? I've heard only bad opinions about it and I'm a little bit afraid that it will be just a waste of time

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Honestly I wouldn't play TFS at all unless it's definitely getting finished, which is still up in the air. There's nothing worse than an unfinished story.

As for ANF, I liked it well enough and think you should play it if you own it. Many people disliked it because Clem wasn't the focal character so if that would bother you, maybe give it a pass.

• edited September 2018

You can skip ANF and go straitgh to TFS, you wont lose much in terms of story, but I suggest you to get the game if you have the money, I think it's still worth playing.
    Anyway at the moment it seems you cant buy TFS because it's removed from the stores temporarily, unless you already bought it and still didnt play it.

• I bought it on XBoX yesterday right after it disappeared from Steam and PSN

Gauss99 posted: »

You can skip ANF and go straitgh to TFS, you wont lose much in terms of story, but I suggest you to get the game if you have the money, I th

• Not at all.

• I would recommend playing it. It's worth playing at least. Even if it is a weak game. Javier and David are some of my favourite characters in any game.

• Then if you got the money go for it. It's still part of the series, dont expect to be a masterpiece, I think it is the worst game of the series, but if you are a fan I suggest you to get it, especially in this moment on uncertainty, could happen that TT will definitely die and you wouldnt be able to buy their games from the stores anymore, it is a possible scenario.

JmoooX posted: »

I bought it on XBoX yesterday right after it disappeared from Steam and PSN

• Ehh. I'm saying this based on Episode 1 and 2 of The FInal Season but you won't lose much at all if you skip ANF. Honestly I think it's better if you play 1,2 then TFS because Clem's character in ANF is so unrecognizable it doesn't even feel like Clem anymore plus it adds nothing to the story.
    If you go Season 1 > 2 > TFS at least you get the good old Clem from S2.
    If you go Season 1 > 2 > ANF > TFS, you finish S2 with the Clem you know, start ANF and meet a totally different Clem then in TFS there's S2's version of Clem again so it's a big mess

• That’s horseshit, TFS is a great story, I don’t regret playing this game even if it never gets finished. From these 2 episodes alone you have a substantial amount of time raising AJ, cultivating a romance, dealing with human antagonists, and killing walkers.

Honestly I wouldn't play TFS at all unless it's definitely getting finished, which is still up in the air. There's nothing worse than an unf

• edited September 2018

Should I Play ANF

No. Just a hard no. While the team has certainly made up for it with the amazing work of TFS, ANF is just complete hot garbage that should be avoided at all costs.

To be serious though, it really doesn't contribute all too much. Clem is pretty much relegated to a side character in the game, her purpose is really kind of pointless. Honestly, you can jump right from Season 2 into TFS, and not miss much at all other than a rushed resolution to your S2 ending choice and the tiniest of allusions to the ranch, and that's it.

• And it'll be torture if it never gets finished.

That’s horseshit, TFS is a great story, I don’t regret playing this game even if it never gets finished. From these 2 episodes alone you hav

• No it's not. It's fine.

Should I Play ANF No. Just a hard no. While the team has certainly made up for it with the amazing work of TFS, ANF is just complete

• Yes but on it’s own it is still about 5 hours worth of story, which is more than most games these days.

And it'll be torture if it never gets finished.

• I guess, if being left with narrative blue balls for all eternity isn't a problem for you, fine, but it's a huge problem for me. I'd rather not even start a story if I know there's no ending to it, not matter how good people say it is.

Yes but on it’s own it is still about 5 hours worth of story, which is more than most games these days.

• Haven’t you played both episodes? And enjoyed them?

I guess, if being left with narrative blue balls for all eternity isn't a problem for you, fine, but it's a huge problem for me. I'd rather not even start a story if I know there's no ending to it, not matter how good people say it is.

• Yes, I have, but if I had known the season may be left unfinished I'd have not started the season at all.

Haven’t you played both episodes? And enjoyed them?

• True but I would still recommend it, to anyone who loves Telltale Walking Dead games. Outside of that? No, I wouldn’t either.

Yes, I have, but if I had known the season may be left unfinished I'd have not started the season at all.

• Even if everything goes bad and we wont have the chance to see an ending, Im confident that sooner or later some other company will do it, even making a new whole game ignoring the first 2 episodes of TFS.

I guess, if being left with narrative blue balls for all eternity isn't a problem for you, fine, but it's a huge problem for me. I'd rather not even start a story if I know there's no ending to it, not matter how good people say it is.

• even making a new whole game ignoring the first 2 episodes of TFS.

Which leaves you where you are now, narrative blue balls because you'll never have a conclusion to the story we're in right now.

Gauss99 posted: »

Even if everything goes bad and we wont have the chance to see an ending, Im confident that sooner or later some other company will do it, even making a new whole game ignoring the first 2 episodes of TFS.

• Id say its an easy pass. If you do play it you should look at it more as a "comedy" because the only way to enjoy it is if you take it all as one big joke, which it isnt trying to be.

• Ok, thank You guys, I will replay s1 and 2 and then I will decide

• If you want the Wellington ending, you need to play ANF

• I have no idea what that means, but shhhh No spoilers :wink:

If you want the Wellington ending, you need to play ANF

• I have all the games even Michonne so I can honestly say you DONT HAVE to play ANF but if you WANT to play ANF then go ahead. When I replay the entire series during Christmas time I'm completely skipping ANF.....just sayin

Sign in to comment in this discussion.