AJ, The Most Realistic Character

So I want to take a moment to discuss the character of AJ.. I think AJ is perhaps one of the most realistic characters in the game. Someone who doesn't remember the world before the Walkers. He barely distinguishes between monsters and bad people.. He has a skewed version of how things work.. And doesn't really remember 'heroes' (in the form of fire fighters and police).

This kid who has no idea what the world was before.. is an interesting concept... and I think he's done very well. He's effectively an outsider to those who were apart of the world before.. but is really the next logical step of how humanity would 'evolve'. I may be reambling but honestly.. AJ's Generation would be fundamentally different than the original survivors and that's a really interesting concept to explore..

What do you guys think?

Comments

• AJ's Generation would be fundamentally different than the original survivors and that's a really interesting concept to explore..

I don't agree with this at all. It's possible, absolutely, but ultimately children are shaped by the people who raise them and what they're taught. A child AJ's age who was raised in a safe place with a function society would essentially be no different than anyone else that had known the world before zombies. A child like AJ who was raised in the wild (for lack of a better term), where it's often kill or be killed, would turn out very differently than that other kid who grew up safe behind walls with a functional society. I think it'd very much be a nurture > nature situation.

• edited September 2018

Yes! I really think that AJ is one of the most well-written characters in the whole twdg. It's a shame that we might not get to see more of him.

• AJ is the bravest kid I've ever seen. I think he's going to be the one to sacrifice himself for Clem, rather than the opposite.

• Yeah, AJ really was the closest thing to a saving hook this game had.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.