Anyone else realize this about Abel shooting ______?

Abel shot AJ and we have to dig out the buckshot, right? Now maybe I missed it, I've only played once so far, but as I recall, AJ and Clem were running away from Abel, Abel shoots his shotgun and hits AJ from behind. When we dig the buckshot out, it's in AJ's stomach. It would have had to go through his back (and all his guts) to get stuck in his stomach. Again, maybe I missed something but I'm not sure how AJ got shot in the stomach when his stomach was facing away from Abel. Ricochet, I guess, but the spread pattern seems too close to be a ricochet.

Comments

• Yeah, I was wondering about that when James said to prop him up on the rock.

• I’m not an expert on firearms but based on the Removing Buckshot scene, it looks like it grazed him. Based on the amount of spread at that distance, it must have entered his side and went farther out to the middle near his belly button.

• I'm gonna play the episode again soon and I'll pay closer attention. Actually if I remember to I'll record it so I can back and rewatch it to check stuff like this.

• Noted. I'm not sure if I want to do a 'Suffer The Children Flaws' post, but if I end up making one I'll probably need your help finding problems like this guys.

DabigRG posted: »

Yeah, I was wondering about that when James said to prop him up on the rock.

• edited September 2018

I think I remember him turning to look back when he was shot ? I might just be tripping
    Either way it looks like it barely hit him, it was at a pretty long distance and Abel's using a sawed off shotgun so the spread of the pellets is gonna be considerable
    EDIT: I've watched the scene and AJ doesn't turn to look back like I said but I think Abel shot him more from a sideways angle

• I let Abel take some food...and this is how he thanks me? BETRAYAL!!!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.