If another company finishes off episodes 3 and 4...

I watched SwingPoynts playthrough of the 2nd episode of TFS and it got me thinking. He said that episode 2 is the last ever episode of TWD and Clementine, whether another company picks it up or not, because it will not be the same people behind it. To him it was the very end of it all.

Maybe he is right? I really want closure of Clementines story, but the staff also deserve severance over anything and maybe the same people won't be behind TFS if it ever gets finished.

Do you consider Suffer the Children to be the last episode of telltales TWD and Clementines story, even if it does get finished?

Comments

• Depends on if they keep the same scripts. Cause the game is already done script wise

• I say we'll see. A new team dosen't necessary means that the episodes will become shit. Of course you can make the argument of the esperience and the passion of the original team, but until a statement is released its better not race our minds with ideas

• The artists and the engine are the striking difference. Actually, I think somehow Telltale will temporarily give the Telltale Tool to whoever decides to complete the project, so that it looks authentic to Ep1 and 2. Is that possible? Idk.

• But these games are more than the scripts. Cinematography, direction, last second rewrites that improve a scene etc.

The old team has a feel of how it should look. The new team doesn't.

xGbHx posted: »

Depends on if they keep the same scripts. Cause the game is already done script wise

• edited September 2018

Clementine=Melissa.
    Even if they change story or another company takes over and make a full new game, Clementine will always be Clementine to me only if she's being voice acted by Melissa.
    I dont really care about the rest to be honest.
    I remember when here in Italy VA of Dr House died, I stopped watching that series because it wasn't the same thing anymore, same for Homer Simpson, I stopped watching that after italian voice actor of Homer died and got replaced.
    So I really don't care who is going to write the story (of course I hope the story and game itself have good quality), if Clem and other characters retain their original VA, I'll be super happy.
    Anyway I think TFS story is basically done, so maybe if the game will be continued, they will probably use the original story.

• Voice actors are not hired by Telltale like other team members.
    So if another studio makes the game the original voice actors will still be there.

Gauss99 posted: »

Clementine=Melissa. Even if they change story or another company takes over and make a full new game, Clementine will always be Clementine

• The script is already written though

• edited September 2018

This is all that matters to me. I could NEVER play Clementine with a different VA.
    Then if it how things work, I dont really care who will make the game, if the game ends up being good and we will still have same VA, everyone is welcomed.

Voice actors are not hired by Telltale like other team members. So if another studio makes the game the original voice actors will still be there.

• A game’s a game, it doesn’t matter what goes on bts. Sure, what happened to the employees sucks, but it’s like disliking an amazing character because their actor is a dickhead, just because different people will finish it off doesn’t take away the magic that the former employees incorporated into the scripts.

• Look at the people that worked on S1, and compare that to the people that worked on ANF and TFS. The number of people that worked on all three of those projects is in the single digits. Not a single lead writer on TFS was a part of S1. Did we ever say that ANF and TFS shouldn't count because the same people that made S1 weren't making them? So we should we say that now?

• edited September 2018

But you know that almost everyone from season one was already gone when s4 started, right? I don’t think that’s a valid point.

• He’s got a point. Episode 3 and 4 will undoubtedly feel different. Whether it’s noticable or barely so, is up to the staff. If more staff get assigned to finishing the project, these last 2 episodes could be some damn good quality content.

• If another company picks it up I dont think we have to worry about script related changes. The script is done, all the new company would need to do is implement it and give credit to the people who wrote the script. (although im not sure how exactly the writers were paid for this series, they might have to track down the script writers and give additional pay ect. But the script technically belongs to Telltale and not the writers so I dont think they would need to pay them more, just give credit)

Other things are an issue though, like the direction and gameplay, and possibly cut content due to smaller budgets, making the game smaller.

• We don't know anything right now. We know for sure that the whole script is finished so if another developer took upon itself to finish up the remaining episodes, I doubt they will make any changes to the story. It'll definitely feel different, being a game created by another devs. Unless... well, really really slim chance there, but what if another developer decided to finish up TFS and sign a contract with former Telltale devs to pay them to finish those episodes?

I think THAT would be a dream come true to all the fans but... let's be honest. This may not be impossible but very close to impossible.

• The episodes most likely being followed by the script. Even if there will be small diffrences, it's better than being left in a void that is wasn't finished.

• Even if the script is followed, do you guys still consider the sentimental value behind it all? The people that made Clementine who she is are the staff themselves, and some fans may not consider it to be the same if the staff at the company don't care and aren't as invested into the character.

It also then comes down to if it is worth the risk. Would you rather leave with telltales amazing 2nd episode but with no closure, or have closure but possibly at the cost of a lack of quality or passion.

• I'll gladly take the risk, hell for what we know whoever decides to continue the game could even make a better job than the previous devs.

bobshaw posted: »

Even if the script is followed, do you guys still consider the sentimental value behind it all? The people that made Clementine who she is a

• Yep same here I can’t leave it on a cliffhanger if they get someone to finish it off and they stick to the script telltale wrote it should be fine hopefully

I'll gladly take the risk, hell for what we know whoever decides to continue the game could even make a better job than the previous devs.

• It’s not like its always been the same team making TWD. The amount of people that were working on TFS that also worked on TWD S1 is VERY slim. Telltale definitely had skilled developers but that doesn’t mean their arnt other good developers out there.

• I wouldn't play a game with Clem but without Melissa neither. Not in a million years.

This is all that matters to me. I could NEVER play Clementine with a different VA. Then if it how things work, I dont really care who will make the game, if the game ends up being good and we will still have same VA, everyone is welcomed.

• Both Mark Darin (Starved for Help writer, designer across S1) and Gary Whitta (Around Every Corner writer and season narrative consultant) worked on TFS.

Box Tv posted: »

But you know that almost everyone from season one was already gone when s4 started, right? I don’t think that’s a valid point.

• Really? So if the game looked like Life Is Strange, you'd be fine? Ewww

This is all that matters to me. I could NEVER play Clementine with a different VA. Then if it how things work, I dont really care who will make the game, if the game ends up being good and we will still have same VA, everyone is welcomed.

• edited September 2018

Call me selfish, but part of the reason why TFS is so good is because Gary Whitta was working on it. I'm sure as a narrative consultant he did his job well.

Both Mark Darin (Starved for Help writer, designer across S1) and Gary Whitta (Around Every Corner writer and season narrative consultant) worked on TFS.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.