More likeable group? Clementine's group in TFS or The Cabin Group

Which group Clementine was with was the most likeable? Her group in TFS or the Cabin Group in S2

Comments

• I would say TFS group because she has everyone there who is roughly the same age as her

• Definitely TFS, and this is coming from a guy who loves S2.

• Honestly its a bit of a toss up for me, because while i hold Luke, Pete, and to a degree Sarah in high regard, Alvin was neutral bland in a way and Nick started off bad and later had his potential squandered. After that it's just good ol doctor Carlos who we were barely able to interact with throughout any of the season and Rebecca, who probably had the most jarring 180 within all of the walking dead in terms of characterization.

Meanwhile I totally dug Mitch and Aasim, enjoyed Marlon despite all his flaws, am remaining diligent with Louis and Violet but finding no real reasons to hate either, starting to have Ruby grow a bit on me, and Willy and especially Omar are so background it hurts.

In the end I guess I'll have to give it to the TFS kids, they've been a little more tolerable than the cabin group were in their first 2 episodes.

• The cabin group. Maybe I was just more naive back then and latched onto characters easier. That's not to say I don't love the Ericsson group, they just don't pop as much as the cabin group.

• edited September 2018

TFS without a doubt. Yet there were some good character in season two, a lot of them were lacking development and for some reason Telltale (apparently on purpose) made a lot of them unlikable in episode 1. Omg Rebecca, Carlos and Nick were god awful in that episode.

• edited September 2018

Im biased because S2 is my favourite game of the series, and I still think the cabin group was better, even though at the beginning of the season they locked Clementine in a shed after she got bit by that dog. Nick and Rebecca were dickhead at the start but they became good friends.
    In TFS I feel that everything is focused around Louis and Violet, we're having little interaction with the other characters like Willy, Aasim, Omar, Mitch and Ruby except for the greenhouse part.
    In the last episode we barely saw Tennessee, while in the first episode he was quite important, especially because he became a friend for AJ.

• Cabin group for me. I like TFS cast (especially Louis), but I just felt closer to characters like Pete, Nick or Luke.

• I like TFS group alot more since they have more depth and development then the cabin group (which isn't saying much) and have more memorable like able characters such as Louis, Violet, AJ, etc.

• edited September 2018

Well, AJ isnt really a part of TFS group, he's still the son of Rebecca and Alvin (Carver) which they were the original part of cabin group and AJ is around way before season 4.

Chibikid posted: »

I like TFS group alot more since they have more depth and development then the cabin group (which isn't saying much) and have more memorable like able characters such as Louis, Violet, AJ, etc.

• TFS, definitely. Only likeable ppl in S2 were Kenny and Luke. In TFS, they've all grown on me.

• TFS group is much better, Sarah was annoying as hell.

• Cabin group no doubt , had a great mix of different characters and really grew on me

• edited September 2018

I wish this question included the motor inn season one group and the Season 3 new frontier family group. I'm gonna pretend as if it does :)

Favorite- Current Group. Violet alone is probably my favorite character ever. She's just this slight mysteriousness to her, and her angst and soft tone but ability to lead. She's just very interesting. I love Tenn with his philosophy and deep perspective. The fireman moment, the "walkers were people too" line. He's the reminder of reality the group needs. I like Ruby with her loving heart and how she has so much empathy. Louis is funny and sweet. They all have interesting and unique personalities. You had Mitch who was basically the guy from the video game Bully. Some fire work making leather jacket wearing troubled youth. But he was cool. I definitely love this group and this season more so than any other.

Second Favorite- ANF I love the conflict between Javier and his roid head brother. I forgot his name again but I think it was David. Javier clapping Kate's cheeks behind his brother's back. So priceless lol. Gabe was kinda lame but Elanor was one of the more interesting characters. Tripp was cool. Oh and Jesus. Jesus was a freaking badass.

3rd- Season 1 Motor Inn crew - Season 1 had 3 of my favorite characters of all time. Lee, Kenny and Clem. Which of course make this season so amazing. I will always adore Kenny as a father and admire how strong that man is and how he pushed through his Son's death, his wife's suicide, the boat jacking and still managed to push enough to rescue Clem so many times. The guys a hero. I also loved Lee's post apocolyptic wifey Carly and the Japanese dude from tokyo drift. forget his name.

Outside of that though you had a Fat racist piece of shit with a pacemaker, you had a dumb college dweeb that got himself in shit every 5 seconds. You had Lilly who is a toxic bitch. And Duck who to me was as interesting as a door knob. But of course still an amazing crew personality wise and how it developed the story. You need those bad characters to dry story as well.

Worst imo is Season 2. Not because it's bad by any means, just order of elimination. I love all 4 groups. I love the characters outside of the Cabin crew especially which is why I vote the Cabin crew lower. I love Kenny of course. I liked the antagonists a lot in season 2. But Alvin Sr. and Rebecca kinda dragged imo. And that kid with the glasses that Kenny whooped was a sneak prick. Sarah was almost like Ben. Just there to get in the way. Nick was pretty cool. Jane is probably my least favorite character of the series.

They are all amazing though. Just really hard to pick.

• He was in 2% of ANF and had 0% character, character development or dialogue in S2 not to mention he debuted midway through.

AJ didn't become an actual character with legitimate prominence until TFS.

Gauss99 posted: »

Well, AJ isnt really a part of TFS group, he's still the son of Rebecca and Alvin (Carver) which they were the original part of cabin group and AJ is around way before season 4.

• Is Sarah the main reason you didn't like the cabin group?

TFS group is much better, Sarah was annoying as hell.

• TFS Group, much more fleshed out and believable than the Cabin Group

• TFS because they're more developed and aren't just stereotypical.

• You know, likable and especially unlikable are two of the words that sometimes get thrown around so much that it kinda becomes hard to grasp the meaning.

If you're talking in terms of who was much easier to approach and get along with, it would the Ericson Students. They weren't exactly on the run when Clementeen met them, saw her as a surprising rarity rather than a suspiciously timed potential threat, and were living relatively peacefully and secure despite a number of setbacks over the years, with the raiders being something only Marlon and Brody knew about due to bargaining them into leaving the rest of them alone for a good while in exchange for Sophie and Minerva.

It should never be understated that the Cabin Group were an electic, paranoid, and somewhat breaking group of people who had suffered a number of personal conflicts and losses and were trying to get away from an increasingly oppressive settlement.

• edited September 2018

@Gauss99 In TFS I feel that everything is focused around Louis and Violet, we're having little interaction with the other characters like Willy, Aasim, Omar, Mitch and Ruby except for the greenhouse part.

This. This is definitely a factoid in why part of me is still feels somewhat indifferent to the Final Season.

The cabin group. Maybe I was just more naive back then and latched onto characters easier. That's not to say I don't love the Ericsson group, they just don't pop as much as the cabin group.

• TFS group is better by far and have gotten more development in 2 episodes than the cabin group got in an entire season.

• TFS, they're actual people. The only exception to the cabin group not being people was Sarah.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.