Which "Choose to save" decision was harder? Carley & Doug or Louis & Violet?

I think Louis and Violet one was the hardest because they're both amazing characters, both got great development and none of them deserved to be kidnapped.

Comments

• Neither of them were very hard for me lol. I saved Carley because she was a woman and I saved Violet because I like her character better than Louis.

• Carley and Doug. We knew one of them would die. Either Violet or Louis could still be alive. I chose to let Violet get taken even though I kissed her. I thought since Louis didn’t get any love, I’d atleast spare him. I’m starting to realise it was the biggest mistake I have ever made since Minnie is back at The Delta. They might do...things behind Clementine’s back

• Louis & Violet. Carley & Doug wasn't hard for me because Carley was the only person in the group with a firearm.

• So you only value who you think is more useful?

Louis & Violet. Carley & Doug wasn't hard for me because Carley was the only person in the group with a firearm.

• edited September 2018

Well yeah, if I don't know them too much. They died in the first episode.

Dex-Starr posted: »

So you only value who you think is more useful?

• True.

Well yeah, if I don't know them too much. They died in the first episode.

• Didn’t care for Doug at all so that choice was waaay easier for me.

• Meh I just make 2 saves one for each

just be a thug about it

• edited September 2018

Neither. Knew i'd save Carley and Violet without a second thought.

• Louis and Violet was harder. I like both characters. I walked with Louis (because I went hunting with him and Assim in ep 1, but hunted with Assim rather than hang with Louis, and pleaded to Violet in ep1, I felt like I owed Louis one) and told him he was my friend. I ended up saving Violet though, because I think she'd be more valuable in a fight and a better planner in order to save the others.

You don't really know much or interact much with Doug before that scene. Carly you know is good with a gun, and knows your past. I picked Carly because of the gun, and her skills with it.

• Honestly, Carley or Doug.

• Easy choices, Doug and Violet for me.

• Violet and Louis. I like both (Louis a little bit more) but Violet had my back all the way through and just saved me from Lilly, meanwhile I cleared things up with Louis and I romanced him.

Meanwhile I instantly took a liking to Carley so it was an easy choice for me.

• Initially, it would be Carley or Doug. but I think Louis or Violet was harder since there is a possibility of them still being alive. I felt like the death of Doug or Carley was obvious.

• Louis and Violet were really hard for me because I liked them both so much. Honestly, I just had neutral feelings about Doug; so Carlie was an easy choice.

• I felt bad for letting Violet get taken and I didn't feel bad for letting Doug die so I guess that answers that.

• Carley/Doug was harder because it was immediate life/death for both individuals. For Violet/Louis its being taken to a camp to be rescued later on and then most likely die.

• Violet or Louis, Doug was pretty lame.

• I just think it's a pretty unfair comparison to make. Of the four of these situations I know of (probably was one or two of these in ANF that I'm not aware of) all of the past three ones have been near the beginning of their respective seasons and were all life and death situations.

All of the other options, Doug or Carley, Danny or Justin, and Pete or Nick all happened in either the 1st episode where one only knows the bare minimum of a characters personality, or literally 10 minutes into knowing both options, as is the case on the prison bus.

Meanwhile this decision is within the 2nd episode and has given a lot of screentime (almost disproportionately so) to the two characters in question, who furthermore are both potential love interests for the player to pursue, the only other person coming close to this being Carley, although a lot of the relationship things with her start off in episode 2 and 3 of S1.

So yeah, basically, an unfair af question to gauge. Despite how little it ultimately mattered I still find the hardest desicion was the Pete or Nick situation.

• edited September 2018

Both were easy. I saved Carly because CarLee and I saved Violet because of Violetine. When I ship, I go down with said ship. Plus Carly was way more interesting and good with a gun. Violet is my favorite character ever behind Clem so I'd say I had more hesitation in season 1. I was going to pick Violet over anyone.

• edited September 2018

Went with Violet because she seems a bit more capable than Louis for the rescue mission. Time and time again I tried giving that joker a chance on proving himself but all he did was fool around none of it ever coming to real use. You go hunting with him and Aasim and if you choose to hang with Louis than Aasim you get just a baby rabbit, hanging with Aasim gets you at most a larger rabbit. If you chose to be with Violet for fishing you get 5-6 fishes tops. I think that makes up way more than what they get for hunting.

• edited September 2018

Thank you for the spoiler in the title! Came here looking for news on the closure of telltale and instead got episode 2's ending ruined for me.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.