It's All Clem's Fault!

It seems that each season, Clem seems to be the root or sometimes the cause of the down fall a group. It seems that people fight over her or her action causes a butterfly effect that ruins the life of others.

Season 1:
She chooses to trust the stranger. She Tells the stranger her location, lee's errors, and assuming that they stole from his car. This causes her to be kidnapped. In the effort to find her, Lee and most of the group dead.
Season 2:
In episode 1, Clem leaves her gun on the stink, which Michelle uses to hold Clem hostage. Ultimately, Omid comes in and gets shot. ( This one is some what Christa's fault she should've been more attentive)
In episode 5, Kenny and Jane sole reason for trying to kill each other is the right to raise Clem.
Season 3
In Episode 1, Javier is tied up by Rofus in his truck as a prisoner on his way to the New Frontier. If you look at it this way, Rofus is just giving Javier a ride to his bro's house. But then, out of no where Clem bashes a tree in the middle of the road, with her Ackerman strength. Which causes retaliation with the New Frontier group in which they went to Prescott and destroy it.
Season 4
Clem at this point of the timeline is about 16-17 years old, meaning that she spends about 4-6 years raising A.J. purely alone depending on your ending. Meaning Clem is the main influence on AJ and that she is responsible 100% of AJ's morals and actions. Being that said, it isn't AJ that murders Marlon, it's Clem that Murders Marlon. To say that within the 6 years of raising AJ she doesn't teach AJ about the basic rules of who to kill and when, the difference between stealing and ownership, or compassion and it only till episode 1 you are teaching him these things at the age of 6 ish. I'm sorry, Clem. You failed as a guardian.

Comments

• Some serious stretching there season 1 I agree clem destroys the group via her stupid actions but shes a little kid so fair enough. Same with Omid.

Everything else is very little to do with her

• To be fair on the New Frontier, Badger organized that little sting operation regardless and might've killed(if even that) Mariana, Kate, and Gabe had he gotten there sooner.

But yeah, she actually messes up a fair bit in significant ways.

• I've been saying this for years now that Clementine is trouble wherever she goes. With that said, I don't like/want AJ in part because we're the ones having to deal with the ramifications of everything he does regardless of what we want him to do/say.

• As guardian of a child, you are responsible for his/her actions. Clem is responsible for Marlon's death just as much as AJ.

Some serious stretching there season 1 I agree clem destroys the group via her stupid actions but shes a little kid so fair enough. Same with Omid. Everything else is very little to do with her

• edited September 2018

S1 you are right, she also admitted that she was too young and stupid and she was the reason Lee died.

In S2 the reason why Kenny and Jane fought is because Kenny sole reason to keep going was to protecting AJ after he lost basically everything, and watching him gone because of Jane, drove him crazy. It was Jane fault, she wanted to show to Clementine how Kenny was totally lost at that point, even though in the end he genuinely cared about Clementine and AJ more than Jane, and the flashbacks of ANF show that.

In S3 it might be true but, by doing that, she contributed to save Javier's family, who were still stuck in that junk yard, so without Clementine probably Kate, Mariana and Gabe would have been dead already.

In S4 both Clementine and AJ basically lived on the road, AJ doesnt have a clue how to live with other living persons, and even with Clementine teachings, without any experience of this sort, I think it might be justified the reaction of AJ when he shot Marlon.

• No shes not

Deathbeam posted: »

As guardian of a child, you are responsible for his/her actions. Clem is responsible for Marlon's death just as much as AJ.

• Clem is awesome dont insult her :c

• edited September 2018

Clem is responsible for Marlon's death just as much as AJ.

Here's an interesting question for y'all: How responsible is Marlon for his own death?

• So if a six year old goes to Walmart and steals a TV the parent is not responsible? off course they are. In most cases, the parent might get the sentence as if they did it, meaning they will have to paid the TV Child services aren't going to evaluate the Child they are going to evaluate the Guardian.

No shes not

• No.....................

Deathbeam posted: »

So if a six year old goes to Walmart and steals a TV the parent is not responsible? off course they are. In most cases, the parent might get

• Good reaction :lol:

No.....................

• Clem at this point of the timeline is about 16-17 years old, meaning that she spends about 4-6 years raising A.J. purely alone depending on your ending. Meaning Clem is the main influence on AJ and that she is responsible 100% of AJ's morals and actions. Being that said, it isn't AJ that murders Marlon, it's Clem that Murders Marlon. To say that within the 6 years of raising AJ she doesn't teach AJ about the basic rules of who to kill and when, the difference between stealing and ownership, or compassion and it only till episode 1 you are teaching him these things at the age of 6 ish. I'm sorry, Clem. You failed as a guardian.

I agree, it's just as unrealistic as Javi's family using the same truck 4 years later.

• The guy taps, quits, and surrenders in that face off. The monument that he dropped the gun , Justice is within the rim of course not execution.

Clem is responsible for Marlon's death just as much as AJ. Here's an interesting question for y'all: How responsible is Marlon for his own death?

• Most of these aren’t debatable, but the showdown between Kenny and Jane was all to do with AJ and their ideals. If it were justJane and Kenny, they still would have killed each other, without Clem to mediate them.

• Everywhere the main character goes bad stuff happens then. Up until then the survivors were okay until the protagonist shows up.

• Like all parents do. Clem is on the mother's seat in aj's life. Kids don't always obey and like anyone in charge, she must take actions towards what he do. You would probably preferred for Clem to not have a little boy to take care of in a maternal way, but that's how the story goes

Chibikid posted: »

I've been saying this for years now that Clementine is trouble wherever she goes. With that said, I don't like/want AJ in part because we'r

• So here's a question: if she never ended up being saved by Luke, would Pete have not died?

• edited September 2018

He would have died even without Clementine around, he was incautious and got bitten by a lurker (a walker that is "playing dead"), the fact that Clementine was with Nick and Pete that day is irrelevant.

DabigRG posted: »

So here's a question: if she never ended up being saved by Luke, would Pete have not died?

• Without Clem, the cabin group wouldn't escaped Carver and his group. Without her, The New Frontier would have continued to raid communities and Prescott would have been one of them one day or the other. She did sometime bad but also sometimes good.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.