God of War Director Donates To Telltale Staff

Comments

• That's great. Drama aside, it's always a beautiful thing to see a community coming together to help one another as colleagues of the same profession. Anything to break the divide.

• This is why Cory barlog is my favorite game director

• I love it when people do charity work.

• ♪Behold Kratos's Cup of Tea!
    Behold Kratos's Cup of Tea♩

• It is terrible that all this is happening; but at the same time the community is helping each other spectacularly.

• Respect to him !

• Respect to him and - I also noticed - ZackScottGames.

• It would be great if the employees got their severance and we got the final two episodes. Win-win.

• Yeah, I still get the feeling that they’re still going to try and sue telltale though

gta3demon posted: »

It would be great if the employees got their severance and we got the final two episodes. Win-win.

• I love how he did that. We need as much help as we can get.

• Yes they will. But that shouldn't impact TFS at all.

Melton23 posted: »

Yeah, I still get the feeling that they’re still going to try and sue telltale though

• I'd love if employees got their severance, too. Lord knows they deserve it.

But despite how some people seem to paint the situation, it just isn't that easy. They seem to have next to no money. They're negotiating with potential partners about finishing TWD, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're the ones that initially opened discussion with these partners. Not to mention, they'd be betraying the trust of these potential partners if they were to use any money given by them to try to pay former employees.

So, what exactly is the "right" move to make here? They're in a literal no win situation where they can't really take any action without betraying/pissing off some group of people in the process; their employees, their fans, or the third parties that wish to help them with TWD. No matter who they try to help, at least one of those three parties won't be happy with the decision.

Some people make the situation sound pretty black and white, that Telltale is fully in the wrong for not paying their employees. But if the choice to lay off all these people really was due to unforeseen circumstances (those being three major investors all pulling out within the same time frame, effectively bankrupting Telltale by doing so), then the situation gets more grey than "evil corporation kicked out their employees and aren't helping them."

Maybe I'm just giving them too much benefit of the doubt, but I'm just not ready to straight up vilify Telltale for this just yet. They've definitely made poor decisions (many of which you can attribute to the former CEO/execs) and they made a questionable gamble with those three investors, but I'm not sure they're 100% culpable in this whole mess. I think at least some part of all this truly was/is out of their control.

gta3demon posted: »

It would be great if the employees got their severance and we got the final two episodes. Win-win.

• Somebody get that man a medal ? and a beer! ?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.