Lilly could have conflicting sides...

edited September 2018 in The Walking Dead

Was it really worth risking your own soldiers to grab a bunch of teenagers to raise them into soldiers? She probably lost a lot more weapons and soldiers trying to get them. Plus it would take years to raise them to be ready for the battlefield. They have to feed them and other things.

What she says doesn't line up with what she's after that's why I couldn't trust her and I stayed with my initial thought, that the raiders were taking the teenagers for forced rape purposes. Because she talked all that crap about how Lee bringing children like Clementine around was stupid of him and that he should have ditched her long ago. If that's the case why is she doing the opposite of ditching children and snatching them up instead? I think this is a very interesting thing to point out. She's got a lot of conflicting views of her own.

Why waste all that time, resources and soldiers to get kid soldiers and raise them if they're only going to get in the way, especially ones that don't want to and how she talked all that crap about how Lee was a fool to keep Clementine around because she held him back and said he's just a dumb hero or something when she herself can't leave the children alone to be on their lonesome. I feel like the character could go in a complex direction and that Lee did change her.

Comments

• You don't say.

Honestly, Lilly comes off as being rather jank in the head.

And to be fair, the kids could easily act as frontline fodder if they can't fight effective.

• While Lily's methods and intentions are flawed, she is right in almost every regard when it comes to Lee, Clementine and AJ.

• edited September 2018

I think Lily don't need children as soldier, but she's doing it for the prizes on the war tbh.

• She’s the Darth Vader in the Walking Dead game.

• ...Trying to decide if that's fitting or not.

She’s the Darth Vader in the Walking Dead game.

• Maybe deep down she was envious of Lee taken care of Clementine because maybe she want the child of her own...who knows maybe that’s why she’s cold on Clementine when she said that Lee should have abandon Clementine.

• Well if you think of that, Darth Vader deep down in his very sore he did wanted to kill Emperor Palpatine it has said in (The Empire strikes back)and (The force Unleashed) Darth Vader has stated twice he wanted to kill the emperor even know he was a slave to him for so many decades .

DabigRG posted: »

...Trying to decide if that's fitting or not.

• edited September 2018

The only thing I find confusing about Lilly and her group is how trigger happy they are at their potential recruits. Being shot by a strange group isn't exactly the best impression, and at worse you potentially kill them and gain nothing.

However the need to obtain children for Lilly's group makes a lot of sense to me. Who else would be better at infiltration and potential sabotage at an enemy's camp? Nothing lowers a guard quite like a child who appears lost, wounded, or abandoned. I wouldn't train children to be a front line soldier, I would train them to be spies.

• Training kids to take up labour work so that theadults can go to war makes much more sense to me.

Symbolz posted: »

The only thing I find confusing about Lilly and her group is how trigger happy they are at their potential recruits. Being shot by a strang

• edited September 2018

I was thinking more about whether she lined up with Anakin or not.

@Zekkarooo I think Lily don't need children as soldier, but she's doing it for the prizes on the war tbh.

What now?

Well if you think of that, Darth Vader deep down in his very sore he did wanted to kill Emperor Palpatine it has said in (The Empire strike

• edited September 2018

Yeah, like I said, Lily's word and actions in the heat of the moment presently really jar past her actual intentions and normal behavior. As if she now has a mental disorder or something.

Nothing lowers a guard quite like a child who appears lost, wounded, or abandoned.

That's exactly what Rebecca thought.

The only thing I find confusing about Lilly and her group is how trigger happy they are at their potential recruits. Being shot by a strang

• edited September 2018

It's hard to pin down without more information. Personally I think it's some poorly thought out writing on the part writer devs. There are a couple inconsistencies in episode 2 that, when you think about it and pull at the threads, do not make a lot of sense.

I do like episode 2 more than episode 1. The fallout from Marlon, the buildup and preparations of the school, the siege on the school, I enjoyed it all; but when I do think about it I do get kinda annoyed at the inconsistencies here and there with the story.

DabigRG posted: »

Yeah, like I said, Lily's word and actions in the heat of the moment presently really jar past her actual intentions and normal behavior. As

• edited September 2018

Personally I think it's some poorly thought out writing on the part writer devs. There are a couple inconsistencies in episode 2 that, when you think about it and pull at the threads, do not make a lot of sense.

Pretty much.
    Number of missed opportunities as well.

I do like episode 2 more than episode 1.

Sigh...idk, I need more time and experience for it stew, cause I remember being really mixed/yoyo'd through it.
    Which reminds me that I never finished writing my impressions.

It's hard to pin down without more information. Personally I think it's some poorly thought out writing on the part writer devs. There are

• This whole idea of child soldiers simply doesn't make sense. When you force someone to fight for you, you can never be sure of their loyalty. They can turn against you. Plus you have to give them firearms. That's even more risky. If Minnie and Sophie are treated well, why didn't they come with Lilly to recruit the kids? Nothing would be more convincing than hearing from your friends themselves. Instead, Lilly attacked the school and shot Omar right at the beginning. That's not how you earn loyalty or trust.

• edited September 2018

True, if you played it like Lee you would get kid soldiers easy, he had Clem, Duck and Ben eating out of his hands. That Lilly methodology is really crap. The kids in Ericson did get angry that the adults left them which would imply they wouldn't have mind to be in care with other adults, so if they came out a bit more warm and negotiable it would have been a different case.

This whole idea of child soldiers simply doesn't make sense. When you force someone to fight for you, you can never be sure of their loyalty

• I mean, just because they take kids doesn't necessarily mean turning them into soldiers only. I mean, they could turn them into indentured servants, for example: make them take care of labor tasks, growing food, etc. There's the psychological aspect of using child soldiers, too. Forcing your enemy into a situation where they have to shoot a kid might just give you the advantage at the end of the day. Be that making them hesitate, or just messing with their heads after the fact.

There's also the fact that if you were to take anyone, kids would be the lowest risk. They wouldn't put up much resistance on their own (at least not usually, the school setting up a bunch of defenses and using guerilla warfare tactics was definitely not something Lilly expected to stroll into the middle of), and it'd be easier to keep an eye on a couple of kids than it would be to keep watch over adults. They'd be less likely to try to try to fight back due to the natural disadvantage. You really think someone like Willy would try to attack whoever's keeping guard over him and rambo his way out of their camp? That alone is probably enough incentive for them to stay in line.

Then there's the conditioning/brainwashing aspect: provided the quality of life in their camp is good enough, which enough manipulation and conditioning, you could probably sway the kids into taking your side, or at least making them think that they do. I mean, that's basically how child soldiers in real life work: slowly groom and condition them over time until they either begin to believe in your motivations/goals, or grow to trust you as a kind of guardian/parental figure. Maybe a bit of stockholm syndrome, too.

I think it's actually a pretty unique concept that we haven't really seen pop up in this franchise yet. Interested to see how it all pans out. Sure, maybe there's a few logical gaps in the idea, but perhaps episode 3 will be able to paint a better picture of how it all works.

• I was kind of scared that they took kids for the reasons the Claimers wanted Rick's son from the TV show.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.