Can You Survive A Bite By Burning it or Other Means?

If you were to burn a bite to the point that the burn goes deeper than the depth of the bite, Would that work?

Let's say that you have a fully equipped ER room and antibiotics. The time and place that you at is stable and has a functioning thriving community. Would it be possible to nurse someone back to health, seeing that it's the fever that kills?

Comments

• I honestly don’t know. I can tell you one thing though, and that is Abel will end himself if that were the case

• No reason to not acknowledge the potential of it. Fire and water kill germs and infections more than any other natural solution that we have seen.

• I don't think you can cauterise a bite and survive.

• I don't think that would work. I mean, if you burned the bite away like try to burn it deeper than a bite itself, then I think you'd be at the point where cutting your limb of would still be the option.

• I mean there'd be no point in not trying it but probably not.

• It would have to be done immediately, within less than 30 seconds of a bite. It would also have to be pretty deep too. Ultimately not a viable option. Having antibiotics and other mdeicine could prolong life but i think people would eventually die anyway.

• The problem is that the reason of why a bite is lethal is never explored. Some people have argued that is simply due to the septic shock caused by being bitten by a corpse that has been rotting away for prolonged period of time. Other that due to the presence of a "Walker Virus" which is resitant to anti-biotics, but that doesnt explain why Zombification occurs regardless at the time of death

• Chuck Norris got bit once by a walker...the Walker took 3 days to die.

• edited September 2018

Kenny got bit once by a Walker... after 3 days of agonizing pain the Walker turned into Kenny

Chuck Norris got bit once by a walker...the Walker took 3 days to die.

• I've wondered about that myself, but you'd probably still die from shock, dehydration, sepsis, or a stroke.

• I'm wondering how Abel was able to amputate his arm and live after being thrown into a mob of walkers. The time it had to take in order to get back to his camp would have been a ways unless Lily or someone found him sooner to cut it off.

• That's my theory. Lilly or someone else from the Delta must've been close by waiting for Abel to take the food and return. As soon as Clem and company were leaving the train station they've must heard the commotion and arrived to save him.

Chibikid posted: »

I'm wondering how Abel was able to amputate his arm and live after being thrown into a mob of walkers. The time it had to take in order to get back to his camp would have been a ways unless Lily or someone found him sooner to cut it off.

• Abel is the toughest character ever. Gets thrown into a pack of walkers;eyes gouged, has been stabbed in the foot, takes a ass whooping from Clem, beaten by a fire rod, falls 2 stories, breaks his leg. And he is still talking shit. The man is antifragile as hell.

I'm wondering how Abel was able to amputate his arm and live after being thrown into a mob of walkers. The time it had to take in order to get back to his camp would have been a ways unless Lily or someone found him sooner to cut it off.

• More of plot armor then actual actual durability. On 3 occasions he should have been dead without question.

Deathbeam posted: »

Abel is the toughest character ever. Gets thrown into a pack of walkers;eyes gouged, has been stabbed in the foot, takes a ass whooping from

• Eh the train station window thing isn't that unbelievable. The walkers that dragged him out didn't have any lower jaws and couldn't actually bite him and those are the ones that would have delivered fatal bites, bites to areas that can't be cut off. I guess the take away there is that there was one outside that was able to bite him but it bit him low enough on the arm that he was able to cut it off and save himself. Nothing else you mentioned would be fatal, except possibly the fall, and even that would require him to land on something like a spear or land on his head or something. 2 stories isn't that far up. I've fallen that far before. Knocks the wind out of you but as long as you land flat you can walk away from it. I did.

More of plot armor then actual actual durability. On 3 occasions he should have been dead without question.

• Gets mauled too by Rosie, his nose broke and a deep cut in his pal.. and still he shit talks big game, what a legend.

Abel is the toughest character ever. Gets thrown into a pack of walkers;eyes gouged, has been stabbed in the foot, takes a ass whooping from

• The fact Rosie didn't just kill him after attacking the kids by itself made no sense.

The whole walker crowd seemed a bit to contrived for me that the majority so happened weren't able to bite him and he was able to survive and amputate his arm in time.

Even if it's possible to survive all of what he did to me it just comes off as a writing convienence he did so the group has a prisoner in the end.

Eh the train station window thing isn't that unbelievable. The walkers that dragged him out didn't have any lower jaws and couldn't actually

• Ok I'll grant you the Rosie point. Based on how she straight wrecked that walker in episode 1 she should have killed Abel, but maybe she was trained not to kill humans, like police dogs. She did belong to the headmaster, after all. (reminds me of something I thought of, new thread incoming) She's clearly a fairly smart dog and with her dog senses would be able to tell the difference between walkers and people.

And yeah, of course it's writing convenience, but it's also plausible enough that it could happen that way, and that's what's important when telling a story, it needs to be plausible. It doesn't have to be the most likely course of events, especially considering the most likely course of events is often pretty boring; it just needs to be plausible.

The fact Rosie didn't just kill him after attacking the kids by itself made no sense. The whole walker crowd seemed a bit to contrived fo

• It could work, I mean if it did...well st least you don’t Have to lose a body part.

• He isn't seen as a threat. Animals will stop attacking you in two conditions: 1) you highlight as not a threat and submissive 2) or assert a overabundant of dominants. Abel's leg is broken, eye gouged, and foot stab. Abel probably curled into a ball. Also, Assim could've told Rosie to stop knowing that they are going to need info on the camp. Assim is proven to be a highly critical thinker.

The fact Rosie didn't just kill him after attacking the kids by itself made no sense. The whole walker crowd seemed a bit to contrived fo

• Assim was kidnapped offscreen alongside Omar.

He isn't seen as a threat. Animals will stop attacking you in two conditions: 1) you highlight as not a threat and submissive 2) or assert a

• Assim was kidnapped offscreen

Good riddens.

DabigRG posted: »

Assim was kidnapped offscreen alongside Omar.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.