Comments

• The problem with this is while yes, the TellTale games use the comics as canon, they got one particular detail very, very wrong. Kirkman confirmed that in the world of The Walking Dead, the first issue takes place concurrently with then current time, October 2003. That means that if you allow for a few weeks of Rick coma time, the outbreak couldn't have started any sooner than September of 2003. For some reason, TellTale set the beginning of Season 1 in what appeared to be summer, not autumn. If your July estimate is correct, TellTale set the beginning of Season 1 a full 2 months earlier than Kirkman had established as the earliest possible canon beginning of the outbreak.

The problem with this is while yes, the TellTale games use the comics as canon, they got one particular detail very, very wrong. Kirkman con

• If I remember from season 1 the stranger said she was 9 6 days ago so her birthday is not no lee death day

• OP didn't say Lee died on her birthday... How did you get that?

donmike84 posted: »

If I remember from season 1 the stranger said she was 9 6 days ago so her birthday is not no lee death day

• edited September 2018

Yeah. Even if the outbreak took rather long to reach the point of nation wide chaos, it still couldn't have started in July, right?

The problem with this is while yes, the TellTale games use the comics as canon, they got one particular detail very, very wrong. Kirkman con

• edited September 2018

No, it couldn't have. We saw at the beginning of Season 1 Episode 1 when Lee was being transported to prison that the outbreak kinda' happened all of the sudden, no slow ramp up. Everything was fine, no mention of "crazy people" attacking and cannibalizing other people, then boom, a walker on the road, a car crash, then Lee wakes up and walkers are everywhere.

It's basically like whatever it is that makes people turn into walkers when they die affected everyone across the globe at the same time, or it spread so fast that the window in which some people were infected and others weren't was so small that it basically didn't exist.

So yeah, we saw the very beginning of it with Lee in the cop car and by the time he regained consciousness 2 or 3 days later, society had all but completely collapsed because not only were people who got bitten turning, so were people who were dying to anything, even natural causes. Under normal circumstances, i.e. our world, over 150,000 people die every day in the US alone, that's an average of over 3,000 people per state. Add in the chaos of people who are panicking killing each other, walkers killing people then getting distracted and going after more people, people dying in accidents as they get reckless trying to evacuate, and that 150,000 per day easily snowballs into tens of millions by the end of the first day, and hundreds of millions by the end of the second day. As the death toll rises, it slows because there's fewer and fewer people to kill each other or be killed by zombies etc and in the end the population stabilizes around the 2% mark, with only 2% of the original population left alive after only a week or so.

GSSalvador posted: »

Yeah. Even if the outbreak took rather long to reach the point of nation wide chaos, it still couldn't have started in July, right?

• I prefer to think that the outbreak started years later similar to the shows timeline even though it didnt. It's just easier for me to comprehend.

donmike84 posted: »

If I remember from season 1 the stranger said she was 9 6 days ago so her birthday is not no lee death day

• edited September 2018

Yeah, you're right. Kinda disappointing that the timeline of the game and the comic doesn't add up.

No, it couldn't have. We saw at the beginning of Season 1 Episode 1 when Lee was being transported to prison that the outbreak kinda' happen

• Thanks for this!

• The majority of September is summer, always has been the case.

Just did a quick google, Autumn started September 23rd in 2003, same as this year.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.