Is Violet to Clementine like how Kenny was to Lee?

There's always one person who's loyal and close to you kind of like your man at arms and someone you can trust would side with you unless you really fuck up the choices. Kind of like the sidekick.

And no not for romantic reasons. :|

Comments

• edited September 2018

If I had to pin her down, she's more like a really slack Carley.

• She actually has a lot more presence than Carley.

DabigRG posted: »

If I had to pin her down, she's more like a really slack Carley.

• Really?
    Um, define presence.

DanteTimes2 posted: »

She actually has a lot more presence than Carley.

• I saved Violet over Louis even though I romanced Louis because she's just more dependable.

• More screen time, character development, depth, emotion, interaction with the player...

Really? Um, define presence.

• Honestly, that sounds like another reason to let her go along with Aasim and the injured Omar.

I saved Violet over Louis even though I romanced Louis because she's just more dependable.

• Okay, I can agree with half of that sorta.

DanteTimes2 posted: »

More screen time, character development, depth, emotion, interaction with the player...

• edited September 2018

She looks and even somewhat acts like a Molly/Carley hybrid.
    Violet can be either like Kenny or Carley, depending on whether you romance her.

• You know what, that's really not a bad comparison.
    Great job.

BigBadPaul posted: »

She looks and even somewhat acts like a Molly/Carley hybrid. Violet can be either like Kenny or Carley, depending on whether you romance her.

• edited September 2018

Thank you. I've tried really hard. I almost blanked out thinking about the different comparisons.

You know what, that's really not a bad comparison. Great job.

• That's both a note and a problem with Violet compared to most characters.

Thank you. I've tried really hard. I almost blanked out thinking about the different comparisons.

• In basic terms yes, but when you really get down to it both Violet and Louis can be Clems Kenny lol

• I'm not sure if I'd define Violet as a default Kenny. In the beginning, Louis liked and accepted AJ/Clementine right away while Violet was off standish due to the increase of walkers caused by the car wreck. In Ep2, they swap places but only during the first half where Violet defends AJ/Clem likely stemming from her anger over learning Marlon had traded the twins.

Later on, Louis can come around following the grieving process and still have your back carrying in AJ. I saved Louis rather than Violet because I wanted Violet on the inside. If Minnie and Sophie are alive, they might've been brain washed after a year with the community. I have faith that Violet would be more useful to bring them back into the fold than Louis and she'd keep a more level head.

• She's diverse...

...but she's not?

That's both a note and a problem with Violet compared to most characters.

• AJ is your right hand man

• It's worth noting that for all my complaining about the notion, Kenny-types are actually a fairly broad category due to just how fundamental and later overexposed Kenny himself was.

It's the Kenny-clones that usually suck the dignity out of everything.

• More like there's less hard overlap with previous characters compared to others, but that also means it can be hard to really define and get her.

She's diverse... ...but she's not?

• She's not like Kenny whose loyalty primarily hinges on one individual event and constantly fluctuates when Lee is at odds with him.

Violet is a more dependable, understanding and loyal friend than Kenny for the most part.

• Technically true.

Chibikid posted: »

She's not like Kenny whose loyalty primarily hinges on one individual event and constantly fluctuates when Lee is at odds with him. Violet is a more dependable, understanding and loyal friend than Kenny for the most part.

• I never sensed any sexual tension between Lee and Kenny...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.