If more TWD games were to be made (not by TellTale, of course)

Working on the assumption that TFS, if completed, will give a definitive end to Clem's story as TellTale said it would, if whoever finishes TFS decides to do a whole new series that picked up from the beginning of the outbreak with a new cast of characters in an entirely different location, how would you react if the first episode was life as usual for your characters and the outbreak didn't happen until the end of episode 1. Like, if episode 1 takes place in the days before the outbreak and was designed for you to get to know all the people around you, to give you a chance to care about them a bit, then shit hits the fan and they start dying and you have to start making life or death decisions that affect their fates. Would that be cool, or would you just prefer to be thrust into the action with a group of people you're told you're supposed to care about because the player character knows them but you the player don't know them and you don't care at all (ANF)?

Comments

• The second one.

• Second one sounds more fun. If I wanted talk, talk, talk throughout the whole thing I don’t really think I’d be playing a video game.

• Yeah that's the conundrum, thrust you into the action so you aren't bored but then you complain that you're supposed to care about characters that you as a player never got a chance to know, or give you time to get to know the characters and then complain you're bored.

• edited September 2018

That’s why you don’t make it all one sided. Instead of few actions scenes and more dialogue, or vice versa, have one character developing scene, then action, then more development, then back to the fight. Less boring that way. Take season 1 for example, beautiful game, but not enough action, boring as shit after multiple playthroughts, I won’t lie.

Yeah that's the conundrum, thrust you into the action so you aren't bored but then you complain that you're supposed to care about character

• , boring as shit after multiple playthroughts, I won’t lie.

You've gotta admit that's what all Telltale games are like, boring as shit after multiple playthroughs. They're only really good on your first to second one.

Melton23 posted: »

That’s why you don’t make it all one sided. Instead of few actions scenes and more dialogue, or vice versa, have one character developing sc

• I think it would be really interesting if done right to have nearly the entire first episode have no action. I'd actually like to see something like that happen. But it would definitely split the fanbase.

• I still find all the games pretty entertaining after multiple playthroughs cause of the minor changes that I never got originally.

Ghetsis posted: »

, boring as shit after multiple playthroughts, I won’t lie. You've gotta admit that's what all Telltale games are like, boring as shit after multiple playthroughs. They're only really good on your first to second one.

• But it just takes so damn long to get there. Which is why I wish there is either chapter select or a skip cutscene button like with LiS.

lupinb0y posted: »

I still find all the games pretty entertaining after multiple playthroughs cause of the minor changes that I never got originally.

• Idk, I’ve played the final season a few times now and am still love it because of the equal balance. Episode 2 was great and all but there wasn’t as much going on as the first episode, whereas ANF was extremely fun to play for me, except I was completely emotionless while playing, with the only two people I mainly cared about being Javier and Clementine.

, boring as shit after multiple playthroughts, I won’t lie. You've gotta admit that's what all Telltale games are like, boring as shit after multiple playthroughs. They're only really good on your first to second one.

• same.

Melton23 posted: »

Idk, I’ve played the final season a few times now and am still love it because of the equal balance. Episode 2 was great and all but there w

• It may look a lot different but at least the story is written by telltale

• What? I'm confused. Are we talking about the same thing?

MaxTheFax posted: »

It may look a lot different but at least the story is written by telltale

• They probably didn't read what you said.

What? I'm confused. Are we talking about the same thing?

• That's my guess

They probably didn't read what you said.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.