Model Swaps

Hey so, i was hoping someone could help me.I was wondering if anyone here knows how to do Model Swaps Like I have seen on Youtube? If so, Can someone do the walking dead michonne episodes 1-3 with season 2 characters Like Kenny Either in pete's or michonne's place. I prefer Pete's , and christa in michonne's or Paige's place i would prefer in paige's place because i like to see a video with kenny and michonne together in it but idk if michonne's model would work with the other's or not because i'm not familiar with how model swaps works. just something i like to see. also Arvo in zachary's place..Mike in Joe's place.Bonnie in Gabby's Place.Russell in Jonas place.Lilly in Rich's place and last but not least vince in cam's place.if possible i would appreciate it.if someone could do it. if you can't send it on youtube for whatever reason send a download link. it don't have to be voice overs it just something as a fan i would like to see. thanks

Comments

• I don’t play telltale games on PC but I know that it has something to do with going into the folders and swapping the models around (so replacing S2 Christa with AJ or something)

Aren’t discussions about model swaps disallowed?

• i don't know lol i'm new to the page.

Melton23 posted: »

I don’t play telltale games on PC but I know that it has something to do with going into the folders and swapping the models around (so replacing S2 Christa with AJ or something) Aren’t discussions about model swaps disallowed?

• I’d try my method in case the discussion is closed then ?

i don't know lol i'm new to the page.

• I wanna learn how to use SFM so I can make Clementine and Max fight.

• i hear you. there's a lot i would do if i knew how lol

• From what I can faux-educatedly guess, you properly just replace/rename the textures and other model files so that the game uses that character's model in place of the one that should be there.
    It's also worth noting that barring some possible thorough changes, some characters use a build and set of facial animations unique to them, thus making the chance their model will properly animate most of the time.

• Didn't Jayroen make that kind of shit?

• No, he made animated/posed SFM-style pictures using exported models.
    This is about having one character(ex.Luke) visually do and say things another character did in the base game(Jane).

Didn't Jayroen make that kind of shit?

• edited September 2018

Model swapping is just for the lols and it dies real quick. I've heard not sure if it's true, it's only for a specific scene/chapter and, to do the entire it for the entire game, is a pain in the a55. One thing is, Clem and Mariana's facial animations are very similar.

• ANF is interesting in that the characters seemingly don't have "skulls"--so unlike previous games, their faces will almost always animate, but most of their faces completely distort to [attempt to] accommodate the character they're actually supposed to be.

Poor Gabe in particular probably gets this the worst.

MintBlue92 posted: »

Model swapping is just for the lols and it dies real quick. I've heard not sure if it's true, it's only for a specific scene/chapter and, to

• edited September 2018

if that is true. then that explains why a lot people don't do full episodes with them. mad respect to those who has, then if that's the case. that's even more time consuming then i thought it was.

Model swapping is just for the lols and it dies real quick. I've heard not sure if it's true, it's only for a specific scene/chapter and, to

• I've seen some where they model swap Javi and Kate with Clem and Gabe and their faces were all messed up but it was funny as hell. The only one that's really good is between Mariana and Clem, it's as if the same model was used for both, just some slight adjustments to the height and facial features.

DabigRG posted: »

ANF is interesting in that the characters seemingly don't have "skulls"--so unlike previous games, their faces will almost always animate, b

• Pretty much.

Kinda curious about Eleanor now.

I've seen some where they model swap Javi and Kate with Clem and Gabe and their faces were all messed up but it was funny as hell. The only

• I wanted to give it a try myself until I saw the tutorial and I was like screw that. xD

if that is true. then that explains why a lot people don't do full episodes with them. mad respect to those who has, then if that's the case. that's even more time consuming then i thought it was.

• Now that you mentioned it, I'm curious too. Maybe all 3 are from the same character design.

Pretty much. Kinda curious about Eleanor now.

• Uh, more like how Eleanor's model reacts to being swapped around.

Now that you mentioned it, I'm curious too. Maybe all 3 are from the same character design.

• lol i understand.

I wanted to give it a try myself until I saw the tutorial and I was like screw that. xD

• What do you mean?

Uh, more like how Eleanor's model reacts to being swapped around.

• To see if her face doesn't get jacked up.

What do you mean?

• edited October 2018

I think it depends on the character you're swapping with. It's a possibility her face might get jacked up with swapping with Kate, but not with Mariana.

Spoilers from ANF

You can see from this model swap between Clem and Mariana, none of their faces are messed up as if the same model was used for both. It's a possibility Eleanor is also from the same model. So if she was swapped either of them, her face won't get messed up either.

To see if her face doesn't get jacked up.

• ...Wait, what?
    Like, I'm sure Eleanor probably uses a different, possibly unique face compared to the other characters, so if anything, I would think she'd be more "stable" when swapped with Kate over Mariana or Mini-Jane.

I think it depends on the character you're swapping with. It's a possibility her face might get jacked up with swapping with Kate, but not with Mariana. Spoilers from ANF (Spoiler)

• bitch lol it doesnt matter whats allowed or not anymore this website will be gone soon

Melton23 posted: »

I don’t play telltale games on PC but I know that it has something to do with going into the folders and swapping the models around (so replacing S2 Christa with AJ or something) Aren’t discussions about model swaps disallowed?

• edited October 2018

hey you might have a point lol. the future of telltale is up in the air.and there is a good chance . we won't see any of those characters anymore.especially the one's that are determinant. so i honestly wasn't thinking if it was allowed or not. lol my bad if it's not. but i didn't think it would hurt to ask. and maybe i might learn something about it.or maybe someone would do it.(if someone does they can take all the time they want i'm not really in a hurry lol. and i know it takes time. and from what i'm understanding now it can be a pain to do) it just something i want to see. thank you to everyone who answered me back

MaxTheFax posted: »

bitch lol it doesnt matter whats allowed or not anymore this website will be gone soon

• In case this discussion is allowed, is it possible to do model swaps between different Telltale games? E.g. put walking dead characters into Batman scenes?

• Possibly.
    I know its been done with The Wolf Among Us.

Razer531 posted: »

In case this discussion is allowed, is it possible to do model swaps between different Telltale games? E.g. put walking dead characters into Batman scenes?

• I wanna learn how to do it what should I do.
    And btw why do models swapped characters always look so weird

Possibly. I know its been done with The Wolf Among Us.

• In which sense?

I wanna learn how to do it what should I do. And btw why do models swapped characters always look so weird

• Weird eyes and facial expressions

In which sense?

• In ANF's case, it's seemingly because the models lack "skulls" and thus the face just contorts in weird ways in an attempt to emulate a character with a usually different range of facial animation.

Weird eyes and facial expressions

• i've wonder the same thing. if someone ever does this. i'll like to see it also.

In case this discussion is allowed, is it possible to do model swaps between different Telltale games? E.g. put walking dead characters into Batman scenes?

• edited October 2018

I used to do it a lot but I haven't done any in a long time. There are tutorials in youtube, I learned from there. Some model swaps I made:

• i've wonder the same thing. if someone ever does this. i'll like to see it also.

• edited October 2018

I want a Rosie model swap with Clem so that Rosie will be the new main character, and I want AJ to become the new Rosie, with Clem becoming AJ.

• Huh. David seems oddly stable there.

Anyway, here's another one I like and personally(?) took.

FetchWalker posted: »

I used to do it a lot but I haven't done any in a long time. There are tutorials in youtube, I learned from there. Some model swaps I made:

• edited October 2018

i wished Kenny really did have a main role in new frontier.telltale really pissed me of with how they did him. i wasn't a big fan of jane but she got screwed over also. if you picked her that is.

FetchWalker posted: »

• edited October 2018

Just model swap Kate with Eleanor

Proof: You can see the actual Eleanor attending to Rufus (don't know if that's how you spell his name), and model swapped "Eleanor" next to Javi.

I was thinking about swapping David with Tripp so

the part where "Eleanor" kisses Javi {when you accept a relationship) "Tripp" gets really pissed. haha

• Interesting. There appears to be no overt distortion goin on there.
    That's really interesting to know.

Spoiler

Ohhoho, swap away.

Just model swap Kate with Eleanor Proof: You can see the actual Eleanor attending to Rufus (don't know if that's how you spell his na

• this might be a little off topic but Norman Reedus aka daryl from the walking dead tv show has a new game coming out . idk if it will even be possible lol but i couldn't help but think how cool would it be if someone could model swap his character into the last of us game.

• edited October 2018

I also got the stupid idea of swapping Gabe with David, just for lols

this might be a little off topic but Norman Reedus aka daryl from the walking dead tv show has a new game coming out . idk if it will even be possible lol but i couldn't help but think how cool would it be if someone could model swap his character into the last of us

@Simplyeverything
    Probably not as the graphics for that game is way too advance for Telltale games to handle. Also the trailers for that game so far adds more confusion than sense. Another one of their trailers.

Interesting. There appears to be no overt distortion goin on there. That's really interesting to know. Spoiler Ohhoho, swap away.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.