Did anyone liked David García?

Honestly I really didn’t like him. He was a weird character always wanting to be right sometimes. During the fight scene with his brother Javier I think It was unnecessary, because in the end you left your family for a organization later soon to fall. My own opinion anyways.

Comments

• He's hot headed, but, I think most of the time he was misunderstood. Remember the conversation in the game about a person's heart being in the right place? I know his heart was. He used to be a soldier, so I guess he just has weird way of showing it.

• I guess so. He showed it alot in weird ways and deadly ways too.

Azkrathon posted: »

He's hot headed, but, I think most of the time he was misunderstood. Remember the conversation in the game about a person's heart being in the right place? I know his heart was. He used to be a soldier, so I guess he just has weird way of showing it.

• The more i think about David, the more I’m reminded of my own father. A difficult man who more often than not feels he's in the right of every situation, which makes it hard to argue with him about certain things. His heart is in the right place and has deep love for me and my mom. But a very hard headed man nonetheless because of that deep love.

Due to that, I’m FAR more tolerant of David than most, but his character just wasnt executed well enough for me to think he was something incredibly complex.

• edited September 2018

Javi made out with his wife in front of him then proceeded to beat his ass lol. Looking back he kinda got the shaft in my storyline. Javi banged his wife, and mocked him at the batting cages. His family pretty much died. He had to deal with war. Apocolypse.
    Infidelity. Talk about a tough go.

He was just an authoritarian alcoholic prick and was mean to Kate which made me hate him. He was abrassive af. Looking back I shoulda dug deeper. He had emotional and loving layers. And family loyalty. More than you can say for Lilly.

Its just the way he cries and talks down to everyone and has to run everyones lives. It gets old. We get it. "Boo hoo, you got to play baseball. You werent there when grandpa died" get over yourself. You went to war while Javi stood with Kate. You then join this cult and expect Kate not to move on in all that time? She had needs.

His attitude is why his wife went to find better men. Its hard to face. He was in a rocky self deprecating tumultuous marraige from the rip. Someone shoulda told him sooner I do admit. But he deserved it. He held this nonsensical grudge against javi because Javi actually accomplished something with his life and had Talent. Held everything against him because of his own insecurities. His wife ended up leaving him to get her cheeks clapped by Javier and I can't blame her in all honesty. David held the biggest L in the franchise history. But I do think he meant well.

Tl;DR. = Fuck David but he wasnt all bad.

• I think anyone that would claim to actually 'like' David Garcia is fooling themselves, but I don't think it's necessary to hate him completely. He is a pitiful man that runs from his life while yelling at everyone around him to man up, but he's also a trained soldier and determined. I can think of worse people to stick to during the acopalypse as long as you aren't his family, lol.

• More than Kate, Gabe and basically any character that wasn't Clementine.

• yeah actually, in the end my javi had a heartfelt relationship

• He was an awesome character in Episode 3 and 4 but in episode 5, he was such a hotheaded character and tried to kill his own brother over jealously. I never even kissed Kate so he tried to kill me for no reason, I had no regrets fighting back.

• he was a tragic character, but ultimately abusive

• He's the ANF character I like the most, but I don't really like anyone from that game.

• I couldn't stand him most of the time... Tbh I had no qualms about his survival or his well-being.

• I liked him, but they really mishandled him in episode 5. Up until the last episode, he was a character you could connect with and understand. He was a father that was willing to do anything for his family and his brother even though they argued frequently.

In episode 5 he just loses his mind and begins acting irrationally and aggresive towards everyone. It doesn't make sense that he wants to beat Javi to death just because Kate had feelings for him (feelings that he doesn't even reciprocate if you don't pursue a relationship with her).

• I wanted to find a way to kill him the moment he punched Javier in the beginning XD

Yeah I was very bloodthirsty in these games.

• I agree too much jealousy, but he did that on his own.

AronDracula posted: »

He was an awesome character in Episode 3 and 4 but in episode 5, he was such a hotheaded character and tried to kill his own brother over jealously. I never even kissed Kate so he tried to kill me for no reason, I had no regrets fighting back.

• Yeah in the last episode he became too much of a hothead. He wanted to teach Gabe more, but he abused him (with the wrench, and smacking him away from interfering with Rufus's wife). David tried to change, in the scene on the ledge he told Javier he wanted to change. I mean in those times of an apocalypse It's hard to change when spilt up from your family. I give him the tiniest bit of sympathy there.

Shaboomm posted: »

I liked him, but they really mishandled him in episode 5. Up until the last episode, he was a character you could connect with and understan

• edited September 2018

Up until the final episode I thought he was pretty compelling - an antagonist (depending on who you ask) who thought he was making the right choices for his family. He sort of reminded me of Kenny in that sense, and with arguably the same sort of grey morality.

But "From the Gallows" came along and all of that development went right out the window :/ He basically became the typical bad guy with very few good reasons for his actions, making stupid decisions that alienated him from the entire group.

Then again, that entire episode seemed to have lots of people doing the exact opposite of what they should've been doing, but hey... "drama", I guess.

• edited September 2018

Not really, in my original play threw me and Kate where getting it on.

• I´d be lying if I said I didnt feel symphaty for the poor sod. He lost everything at the same time, only to loose everything again later. He was indeed flawed but you could tell he was trying, I remained loyal to him in my run, even managed to get him back at Richmond.

• I was fine, even understood David's point of view until episode 3. After that I couldn't stand him, he was such a hypocrite. He swooned over his 'beloved family', like nothing had happened for all those years; despite having not made one ounce of effort to even find them. Even when confronted with this fact he said he hooked up with his old unit and just assumed they were dead.

Now I can understand that David wasn't happy as a family man with a wife and children, but he bolted the first chance he got, and justify his actions by assuming his family was dead without even trying to track down his family. Not his wife, not his children, not his brother, not his uncle, no one. He bailed, like a coward who didn't want to deal with his obligations - ironically the very thing he berates Javi with - when it mattered most. Then when we show up he acts like he loves his family? Hypocrite, he's a damned, cowardly hypocrite.

• I like that he put Clementine through hell when he took AJfrom her.

• well, i can understand him because my dad is a soldier, too. david acts anormal but he isn't such a bad person, he actually loves his family. but we can easily tell that he's like this because of his job. like he says, a soldier is no husband, or a father. a soldier is a soldier.

• During the part where clem and aj got caught by david, and david took him away from her was kinda messed up. He shouldn’t have done that.

• I really liked him. He was one of the highlights of ANF for me.

I would've liked for Clementine and David to have both set out to find AJ as enemies turned allies.

• Fun fact: David was one of the three most hated ANF characters during the premiere. Above the Law seemed to change a lot of people's minds, albeit to a suspiciously whiplashing degree.

Personally, I went from being one of the few who didn't hate him to thinking he's okay but needed more before I could really say I liked to outright checking out a few times because of how near encapsulating insufferable/pretentious/[otherword] he suddenly was to being glad that if anyone had the highest chance of being dead in the end, it was self-imposedly him.

• Not even David liked David ;'(

• David was a poorly, inconsistently, annoyingly written character. Him bitching about Javier not wanting to take care of his family while he re enlists and berates him for "not knowing shit about family", and always claiming to want a larger battle, yet lets the people of Richmond to be consumed by the herd. The writers were clearly going for a Kenny/Shane type character but his inconsistencies and failure to be likeable just makes him a bad character

• I have mixed feelings. I feel sorry for him, but don't really like him. He was always a jerk and made Javi be the father and husband he never could be.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.