Could AJ end up on the bad guy's side?

I kind of feel like he could. There's so many messages coming off like that. That Carver blood is running strong in those veins.

Comments

• He got shot in the stomach and one of the first things he said was "Hungry". He's definately Alvin's kid, not Carver's. :)

• No way. He may not completely understand certain aspects, like not killing a person who was surrendering, but he has shown complete and utter loyalty to Clem, even saying how he loves her in Episode 2. There is no way that he would ever go against her.

• Yeah but I've taken choices where I'm teaching him how to be a functioning peaceful member of a community but then he gets angry when they reject him and at your advice not working. Makes me worry.

No way. He may not completely understand certain aspects, like not killing a person who was surrendering, but he has shown complete and utte

• LaFlameSaurusLaFlameSaurus Banned
    edited September 2018

nah Carvers too nice to be his dad

• Nah. He hates Abel and he'd never be on the same side as Abel.

• Children get angry when they don't get what they want, thats just how it goes..

Yeah but I've taken choices where I'm teaching him how to be a functioning peaceful member of a community but then he gets angry when they reject him and at your advice not working. Makes me worry.

• Oh well I kind of assume Abel might die pretty soon.

Nah. He hates Abel and he'd never be on the same side as Abel.

• LaFlameSaurusLaFlameSaurus Banned
    edited September 2018

abel is pretty much dead so hes on nobodys side now :D ,so no more obstacles for lil homie A

• AJ hates him so much he would never sign with Republic racords/XO and be on the same side as Abel

• Probably, but I don't think AJ would suddenly flip on Clem just because Abel is dead.

Oh well I kind of assume Abel might die pretty soon.

• edited September 2018

Well part of the reasoning is that the Delta community might appear more stronger, secured and more inviting than the Ericsons, AJ would be like screw them. And AJ seemed to think it's all about being strong and might makes right sort of thing. And since he's a kid well I just think he can easily be persuaded but he probably wants Clem there too.

When Lilly said solar panels, I thought yeah Delta is probably a very secure and sourced place.

• I think he would have to be seperated from Clem for a while to be properly brainwashed by the raiders. If that would happen, then sure he could become one of them.

• I could see that. If Abel were dead and Clem and AJ were separated for a few weeks at minimum, the raiders can convince him that either she abandoned him or she's dead so he willingly joins them. Convincing him she willingly abandoned him is best because if she does turn up he'll be more likely to fight against her whereas if he just thinks she's dead he'd be less likely to keep fighting once he sees her.

It's what ICE does to the kids they've been putting in concentration camps irl. I saw footage of a mother who finally, after months of court battles got to get her kids back from ICE and the kids wanted nothing to do with her because the ICE agents convinced the kids she abandoned them there willingly.

Onmens posted: »

I think he would have to be seperated from Clem for a while to be properly brainwashed by the raiders. If that would happen, then sure he could become one of them.

• edited September 2018

AJ would never betray Clementine

• edited September 2018

Very unlikely. Although he understands little about morality, he's loyal to Clem. He has the potential to be misled and inculcated with bad ideas, but that will happen only if he's been separated from Clem and brainwashed by the raiders. Even then, there's no way he will hurt Clem. Besides, Louis/Violet and other kids are in raiders' hands too. If AJ is captured by the raiders, he would most definitely stick with Louis/Violet and other kids rather than listen to the raiders.

• No, not unless Clem does it. Clementine is the only person who he's ever been around (up until the bording school). The reason why he shot Marlon was because Marlon tried to pin a murder he did on to her and pointed a gun at her, so in his mind Marlon was a threat, even after being talked down, and how they deal with threats is kill them. No second chances.

So it's very, very unlikely that he's going to join the raiders when Abel and Lilly have tried to kill Clem a couple of times by now. He's way too loyal to ever turn against her.

• edited September 2018

I actually thought about this after playing the first episode of TFS. He certainly showed signs that he could get more people hurt/killed. Telling Clem they're soft for letting Abel go at the train station (if you do), His desire to kill Abel and also his capacity to do things without hesitating. While he shows to be a capable survivor I do worry he can actually go in the wrong way. Imagine if Lilly for instance manages to get to his head.

I also don't think he would hurt Clem, but I do think he can hurt and even kill others. Since his morals are not yet defined, he can eventually become a liability and maybe at the end of episode 4 Clem would have to chose between stop him or not.

• Agreed.

Children get angry when they don't get what they want, thats just how it goes..

• Aj dislikes the raiders even Abel himself. I dont think he would switch over It would require alot of persuasion to do it.

• It wouldn't surprise me if he did or accidentally did because of some number of reasons we didn't teach him something.

• edited September 2018

Also... Since they never confirmed, It's possible that AJ is Carver's son instead of Alvin's. If I were to guess, I would say he is Carver's son. Even Rebecca thought that.

Maybe some former developer will tell us some day or maybe we'll never know for sure.

• There's no way that Clem can go against AJ either. If AJ were to join the dark forces and if the dark forces are beneficial to AJ , Clem will join their side. Clem in ANF does get branded just so she can have food and medication and kills Lingaurd just to find AJ's location and to keep himself. What is stopping Clem ratting out the boarding school and working with Lily assuming that Lily just takes Clem in Lily's first encouter?

The true question is : will both Clem and Aj join the dark forces?

No way. He may not completely understand certain aspects, like not killing a person who was surrendering, but he has shown complete and utte

• No. Stop trying so hard to be edgy.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.