IGN really hates [The Final Season]

Now since i saw the last review from IGN I think it was a 5 or lower , I just look at the reviews and laugh and say IGN is (“Dumber than a bag of hammers”.)... metaphorically speaking looking at those brick use maybe one out of gouge my eyes out I mean seriously it’s like if they hired FredFredBurger to manage the ratings...Oh the irony.

Well I’m not surprised once or if Episode 3 comes out and bash this episode into a 3.9 no surprise there.?

Comments

• ppl still watch ign??? wack

• I vaguely remember IGN giving Destiny a positive review, and they were promptly deleted from my mind. They are only useful in that I know I'll like what they dislike, and dislike what they like.

• IGN is absolute trash, sounds like they found the person who did the review in aasim’s bag of bricks?

• edited October 2018

The thing about the IGN reviews of this season is, that that reviewer doesn't seem understand what made the first season so good.

She criticized how slow the first two episodes were, while everyone else - rightfully - points out, how rushed S2 and especially ANF felt.

She criticized how formulaic Suffer the Children is, while it's clear that the devs actually try to revitalise the series through a stronger focus on interesting character developement and character moments.

She claims that Abel and Lilly acted out of character in that reunion scene, which is also not true at all considering Lilly last saw Clementine eight years ago and Abel coukdn't really act out of character, since we don't really know what kind of character he was at that point.

She says it makes no sense for Clementine and AJ to return to Ericsons, even though it has been established by her dialogue with James that they have medicine and that without it, AJ could die.

She also said they return to Ericsons like they never left, which is also false since Louis is not happy with their return in the beginning and Mitch is openly against it. Nearly throughout the majority of the episode.

She also claims that this episode severely lacks any character developement outside of Clementine and AJ, which is such a mindboggling statement, since she praised the romance scenes alot earlier in the review.

She also doesn't understand why the other characters are upset about AJ after he killed Marlon. She even said that they shouldn't be upset with him, because she has monumental evidence that supports AJ's decision, which shows her severe misunderstanding of what actually happened that night.

Take it as you will, but that review feels as cohesive as ANF.

A much better review comes from Kotaku of all places. Not, because it's more positive, but because the reviewer - Heather Alexandra - actually understands what this game is about and what it wants to tell, especially in context with the previous seasons.
    https://kotaku.com/if-telltale-s-the-walking-dead-its-ending-on-a-high-no-1829281649

• So they have an opinion... Who gives a fuck???

• Dont let other people judge the game for you. I consider TFS great so far, I have a brain and I can say by myself if the game is either good or bad. I barely read any reviews, if I am interested on a game I just watch a walkthrough without commentary on youtube and I see by myself if it's worth playing or not.

• I thought episode 2 was at lest a 7 at mostley I enjoyed it I would give it a higher score if telltale are gonna confirm that the remaining episode are coming out

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited October 2018

Well, me being my biased self that's already made up my mind, this episode's already become one of my all-time favorites.

That being said however, I don't see any world or universe where this episode warrants a 5/10. If we're being honest, that's the kind of score that belongs to an episode like Ties That Bind, or Amid The Ruins. Not an episode that's actually trying to deliver on things fans have been asking for the previous two games, whilst simultaneously working to improve various other aspects, some of which have been hit and miss in the past (cinematography, gameplay elements, pacing, etc). I mean sure, there's definitely aspects of it that felt a bit disappointing to me (namely how previous major choices played into things, IE Abel), but that's pretty much the same for every single episode/season. Hell, I'll even go as far to say that I actually like it when things have a few flaws; it reminds me that actual people are working on it at the end of the day. It's not some immaculate masterpiece made with laser precision.

5/10 is the kind of score I'd expect out of something derivative and phoned in; something that gets the job done, but not much else. You can't honestly look at the production quality of this episode as a whole and tell me the team working on it wasn't trying. If you do, then you should think about visiting the nearest eye doctor, because you might just be blind.

• Do people even still give a fuck about IGN?

• Saw someone else post that Telltale couldn't afford to pay for a higher rating; still valid

• IGN was always full of retarded reviewers, they gave lower scores to a lot of great games like:

• Alien Isolation (5.9/10)
    • DOOM (7.1/10)
    • Resident Evil 7 (7.7/10)

And a lot of garbage games somehow got high scores from them like:

• Pretty much every Call of Duty game.
    • Evolve
    • Outlast 2
  • DeltinoDeltino Moderator

In all fairness, that RE7 score is pretty fitting, for obvious reasons

AronDracula posted: »

IGN was always full of retarded reviewers, they gave lower scores to a lot of great games like: * Alien Isolation (5.9/10) * DOOM (7.1

• edited October 2018

This is how ign give high ratings for a game.
    https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/417/486/0e0.gif

• shit i cant wait for re10 then

Deltino posted: »

• I remember they gave A New Frontier a 9 or something. Don't trust their reviews.

• Not really, they gave Resident Evil 6 a 7.9/10 and that game is a garbage Michael Bay game.

Other than having a short length, I don't find anything bad about RE7.

Deltino posted: »

• I think it was just a joke because of the score, 'cause you know... Resident Evil 7 getting a 7.7?

AronDracula posted: »

Not really, they gave Resident Evil 6 a 7.9/10 and that game is a garbage Michael Bay game. Other than having a short length, I don't find anything bad about RE7.

• IGN praised the shit out of ANF.

• edited October 2018

The reason why I never read reviews for a game or mostly anything I buy because all this rating, is just based on a personal opinions. When I buy a game it's because I have interest in it and have been eyeing on it for a long time. I don't need someone to tell me if a game is good or not. And this the same for products. Had to get some item that only had 3 stars where most where 2 stars. The item worked great. Turns out them low ratings was due to users using the product, not what it was designed for, and the reason for the low ratings.

• "Too much water" - IGN

• And I hate IGN with a firey passion

• I used to quite like ign but the only reviews I read are Eurogamer fuck in ign

• edited October 2018

IGN has been a pretty big joke when it comes to Telltale games. I mean these guys gave ANF glowing reviews, and then when Final Season comes out and is miles better than ANF they give it pathetic shitty scores. Im starting to wonder if they're even playing the episodes.

• Im starting to wonder if their even playing the episodes.

IGN: "Suffer the Children? Pfft, what a stupid name, 5/10"

Poogers555 posted: »

IGN has been a pretty big joke when it comes to Telltale games. I mean these guys gave ANF glowing reviews, and then when Final Season comes

• edited October 2018

My fav part of the ep 2 review is the reviewer goes "It just focuses on Clem and Aj again and leaves others underdeveloped" as if Louis Violet Mitch and Ruby dont count or something.

Im starting to wonder if their even playing the episodes. IGN: "Suffer the Children? Pfft, what a stupid name, 5/10"

• People still see reviews? Well, I don’t mind people watching/reading those... what makes mad is people deciding whether to buy games or not based on some reviews, especially from IGN or some shit. Their reviews are shit and not fair.

Play or watch the game yourself, then YOU review it as how you want it to be.. you have your opinions, thoughts and a POV.. You make your own mind.

• Preach.

GSSalvador posted: »

The thing about the IGN reviews of this season is, that that reviewer doesn't seem understand what made the first season so good. She cri

• edited October 2018

At first she said ep 1 was “too much character driven, slow and with excessive exposition dialogues” and now this episode is rushed and with no character development.
    Wtf like really?

• Ruby and Mitch get the most character development in episode 2

Box Tv posted: »

At first she said ep 1 was “too much character driven, slow and with excessive exposition dialogues” and now this episode is rushed and with no character development. Wtf like really?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.