How do you want the game to end?

It's already been talked about how the game will probably end but how do you want it to end?

I'd like the game to end by clem dying of old age, illness or natural causes. After the events of the 3rd episode and later on the last episode we would get a time skip, clementine would wake up from another nightmare about the ranch and a grown AJ would tell her it's ok and that she had 'that dream again, the same one she always has.'
Louse/Violet would enter the room, depending who you chose to start a relationship with and begin talking to AJ. They would talk briefly about clementines declining health. Clementine would interrupt them and would tell them she's fine, she would talk with the two of them for a brief time and then complain about feeling overly tired.

Violet/Louise would leave the room leaving AJ and clem for awhile. AJ would tell clementine it's ok to go to sleep and that he would be fine without her, clementine would call him a goofball and fall back to sleep.
Whilst asleep clementine would hear Violet/Louise return and say goodbye to her, along with Tenn and a few others from the ranch. The screen would slowly fade to black as they talk and comfort her, there voices would get quieter slowly and eventually be drowned out by another voice.

As the screen is black and the credits roll the new voice would slowly become clearer:
Voice: Clementine. ... (to quiet to hear.)
Clemantine: Hello?
Voice, gets closer and louder: Clementine, hello Clem.
Clemantine: .....
Voice: I see you took my advice and kept the hair short!
Clemantine: Lee?
Voice: That's right...... I've missed you.
Clemantine: Lee!

-end credits and game-

Comments

• If Clementine dies it means that the sacrifice of the other friends and survivors through the series and every choices I made were irrelevant.
    Lee, Kenny, Luke and the other great people we've met during those years died for absolutely nothing, for once I'd like to have a good ending for Clementine, she suffered too much already and an ending like S1 would totally suck for me.

• What I've said before:

A Larry quote from S1 Ep1 came in to mind while thinking about Clem's possible death, it went something like "Those things are gonna come inside and kill us all and none of this will fucking matter" I want Clem to achieve more than "coming full circle"

• If clem dies wheres the payoff???

• I want Clem, Aj and Louis to live. I don't care about anyone else tbh.

• How about never end at all? ❤️❤️

• I would like it to end like for Clem to wake up, it was all a nightmare. She wakes up in the trailer with Lee.

• I want there to be a final boss battle where Lily transform into a GARGANTUAN walker that Clementine and friends have to kill.

• Clemintine and violet settling down and rasing tenn and AJ

• Clementine, Louis, AJ and Tenn. Full Ninja Fun Family. Don't care about the rest.

We need to protect at all cost:
    1. Louis
    2. Clem
    3. Tenn
    4. AJ

• The best possible ending.

Nyxeris posted: »

I want Clem, Aj and Louis to live. I don't care about anyone else tbh.

• Mmm, doesn't seem practical at all.

donmike84 posted: »

Clemintine and violet settling down and rasing tenn and AJ

• Oh how so

Dex-Starr posted: »

Mmm, doesn't seem practical at all.

• I really liked yours. Mine is the same just shortened. Clem, AJ, and Louis find a place to permanently call home.

• Everyone dies and the walker-age starts to fade and a new age begins.

Tenn foreshadowed it.

• edited October 2018

Old woman Clem, the lone suvivor

• edited October 2018

I was replaying Max Payne recently, and in the first two, Max didn't have any sorts of happy ending.
    He had good ending, because he had his revenge / he survived.
    Then, in the third, everything went wrong, but he finally had his, almost, happy ending.
    He survives, against all odds and finally reaches an ending where he can smile and drink peacefully.

Now, Clem since the beginning had bad experiences. But someone told her guardian she needs to learn how to survive.
    So he taught her the basics, and like everyone else, he had to say goodbye to her.
    Afterwards, she would grow as a young survivor carrying all the teaching her guardian and his/her friends gave her.
    Gradually gaining her autonomy, respect from her peers and esteem of her oldest friend since the apocalypse.
    Finally, she grows as a splendid and brave survivor. Maybe a bit angry. Troubled that everyone around her dies.
    But, as she met some guy with a baseball bat, that feeling started to go away. Because he survived, and with his help, she learned the kid she took care of in the past was still alive, the kid that symbolize Kenny's redemption.

Now, she's teaching that little kid everything she knows about survival.
    Perfectly aware of past mistakes, being hers or her past peers.
    She's badass, she can organize a whole school defences while full of fools and other inexperienced kids/teenagers.

So yeah, I believe she will survive in the end, earning her deserved vacations for a couple of years, the screen will fade to black and a little text will says this is the end of Clementine's journey, thank you for playing.

• I don't want the game to end. ?

• I like the Romance option. It gives Clem a chance for a happy ending with a partner.

• Clementine and Violet are sitting on a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

• Let's focus on getting an ending

• With Telltale shutting down, I'll be happy if we even get an ending.

• Im tired of seeing Clem having a home with friends and family stripped from her. Every season excluding ANF has seen Clem’s group ending in tragedy. ANF left us with some hope that she’d find something that sticks. So for once, I’d like to see it stick. Especially with this group of characters.

• Tbf I don't really want a happy ending but I don't want neither Clem or AJ to die

• I’m getting Resident Evil boss vibes out of this one.

Dex-Starr posted: »

I want there to be a final boss battle where Lily transform into a GARGANTUAN walker that Clementine and friends have to kill.

• Why does she have to die? I can't bear the thought of her lying on the ground bleeding out, slowly losing her breath as she chokes on blood. I'd cry so much.

Why can't Clem kill Louis or Violet and have the chance to save or kill Lilly. AJ finally does something Clem and the rest can be proud of and they all live happily ever after, maybe with an epilogue 20 years later.

• I want an ending where the school gets over runned by a massive herd of walkers as the entire Erickson boarding school survivors make their last stand as the scene zooms out into a birds eye view and you can see dozens on dozens of walkers entering the Boarding school.

• i hope that clem will stay alive

• Any end will not be satisfying for me.
    If TTG decide to kill Clem, well, it will be sad and the simpliest way to end game. Lee, Kenny, Luke sacrifices were pointless. But I think, if she die in "good way" (for example, before death scene will be scene with Lee, Kenny etc) it will be easier to take it. If she die in dumb way - i don't want her to się in dumb way.
    Also, I don't like when something ends in "open composition way", but if other game studio buy TTG, they can decide to continue her story, or we can meet her while playing next seasons.

• I want something with Lee... maybe if Clem dies she wakes up in the afterlife and hears someone say “We were waiting for you.” And she turns and sees all the people she lost. Maybe a way to show Christa is dead?

• Arvo: Clementine?
    Clem: Kill Bill siren goes off in her head AJ...this is the guy who stopped us from saving your Mom, shot me and got Mommy's friends killed. What did we promise we'd do if we ever saw him?
    AJ: Aim for the head.

• edited October 2018

I don't know. If TT wee smart, they'd make all possible endings valid and equal, meaning there would be sacrifice in all of them.

Can anyone explain how Clem dying would make everything "pointless"? Everyone dies. We don't have kids or parent them because they're going to be immortal and invincible... Lee doesn't take of Clem in hopes of her somehow outliving the walker age. He does it because it feels right to him.

If she dies protecting the school or protecting AJ how is that meaningless? It's the circle of life.

TWD is a pretty meaningless world in itself. The walker age is not ending anytime soon.

• edited October 2018

I agree. I won't be upset at all if she dies, if it's handled and written well.

I don't know. If TT wee smart, they'd make all possible endings valid and equal, meaning there would be sacrifice in all of them. Can any

• Lilly's no longer against us, the twins are alive, Clem and co. are alive more people like James are with us and its one big happy ending ;___;

• That should be everyone's concern about the ending: it actually being written well regardless of what happens.

What good is a happy ending if it's written painfully bad and lazily? I don't want that.

I agree. I won't be upset at all if she dies, if it's handled and written well.

• I mean, I would like for her to survive. I've wanted her to enter the comic series ever since Jesus appeared in ANF. But if her story does end with her death, I'm not gonna feel like her journey was pointless, considering sacrifice is a general theme in this franchise as a whole.

That should be everyone's concern about the ending: it actually being written well regardless of what happens. What good is a happy ending if it's written painfully bad and lazily? I don't want that.

• edited October 2018

To be straight with you I don't think Kirkman gives a shit about Clementine. He didn't create her. She's very much a Telltale/Skybound product.

I don't think I even want to even see her in any other canon. Maybe a comic spin-off involving her adventures with AJ. Technically, TT broke Kirkman's rules by going so far ahead in the continuity. S4 Clem doesn't exist in Kirkman's interpretation of the timeline.

I mean, I would like for her to survive. I've wanted her to enter the comic series ever since Jesus appeared in ANF. But if her story does e

• I'll have to track et down.

• I think he cares to an extent. I mean, he's obviously going to put the comic that he has complete control over over the game. I think Kirkman does approve of TT stories so I don't think it matters that this season extends beyond the comic. Of course, I could be wrong, but I hope I'm not.

To be straight with you I don't think Kirkman gives a shit about Clementine. He didn't create her. She's very much a Telltale/Skybound pro

• He obviously approves in a executive sense and allows the game to run concurrently with the comic canon, but I don't think his relationship with TT's TWD runs anything deeper beyond "okay I'll let you guys do this with my universe". In the end, TWD is a license.

Just from what I gathered over the years in tweets and articles and interviews and whatever.

I think he cares to an extent. I mean, he's obviously going to put the comic that he has complete control over over the game. I think Kirkma

Sign in to comment in this discussion.