Comments

• I'd be upset because I'd like both to happen, but if I had to pick one, the employees should get paid so that they can feed their families and pay their rent.

• I will NOT buy the rest of the season if they don't pay the team fair for their hard work done.

Real life>Video game

• The thing is, in California where TellTale studios are situated, it's not illegal to not pay severance. Of course they SHOULD, but I'm not sure how people expect them to do that unless they release their final projects and make money off them? Idk though, that's just my two cents. I understand it's a very difficult situation for everyone who was fired and I of course would like to see them get paid.

• Are Telltale games legally required to pay severance, no. Should they just out of being ethical, yes. There's no reason both can't happen, however I say take care of the employees should be of more importance. Maybe something could be worked where the sales of TFS when completed could be given to the employees

• edited October 2018

Saying telltale should pay the employees instead of finishing the game is really stupid. They don’t have the money, they can’t just pay them (I guess), Telltale is not finishing TWD, another company (maybe) is. The potential partners are helping Telltale to finish the game, no one will help them to pay the employees. Actually maybe they can gain more money finishing the game and then pay them.
    Finishing the game or not won’t make the employees get paid, that’s it.

• I mean, people need to get paid. It's not like their employees were rich. Everyone's got it hard so yeah they should be paid but at the same time I want episodes 3 and 4

• The staff are the priority here, but i hope it doesn't come to this kind of situation. Hopefully both parties can at least win something.

• It depends, the thing that they have a obligation towards both, not to just one of them: Us the consumers and the employees.

I do not pretend to sound entitled but...We are owed too

• As much as I want them to complete The Final Season, I think we can all agree that the former employees getting paid should come first.

• The employees should get paid their severance. The issue though is that Telltale literally does not have the finances to do so.

• If someone sold you a product and only gave you half of it...

Think.

Also, it sucks being laid off, but Telltale is broke. Where the hell are they supposed to get money?

• edited October 2018

I would have the TTG employees taken care of first. They toiled many long hours to bring this game, and many others, to life for our enjoyment and they should get what is duly theirs. It's the right thing to do given the circumstances.

As I am someone who purchased the season pass when the game launched, I am a little bias for wanting the game in its entirety. If that means that it's delayed for it's completion by a few months, I can live with that. There are other games and activities I can do in between as I wait; however if everything falls apart, as it still might since there is still no official confirmation yet at this time, then I will admit I'll be more than a little peeved.

• Wait a minute, could you buy the singular episodes in S4? I knew you could only buy the whole game with all the episodes included.

hopefulfx posted: »

I will NOT buy the rest of the season if they don't pay the team fair for their hard work done. Real life>Video game

• You were not able to buy singular episodes in TFS. Guess we know why now.

Gauss99 posted: »

Wait a minute, could you buy the singular episodes in S4? I knew you could only buy the whole game with all the episodes included.

• I would be really upset but it's the right thing to do :(

• You can only buy the season pass and not the individual episodes, so they have your money either way.

I will NOT buy the rest of the season if they don't pay the team fair for their hard work done. Real life>Video game

• Not at all.

• Why are the consumers being guilted into this? We had nothing to do with the layoffs. I bought the season pass, I did my part already. Now I just need episode 3 and 4.

• If they will finish the season they can get some money...

• I would of course be upset for not seeing the end of Clems story, but the well-being of the fired staff is more important.

• I'd love to see the season get finished but I'd rather the employee's get paid. Some of them got straight up fucked over. There were employees hired just before the layoff's that moved over from a different state so I'd rather see them get some compensation.

• I wouldn't be upset. Quite the opposite, actually. I'd rather have the actual devs payed for their work and not have the finished game than the other way around.

• I don't have a choice, as I bought the season pass already. Many of us can't :(

• I love to see the original delvolpers finish off the final season but after the way the have been treated or out off pride I suspect most would not come back to finish the final season but I also get the feeling some would hate to leave their story unfinished

• The customers are the most important people in this and the reason TT employees were in the job in the first place

• I'm not too up to speed on the linguistics of what deal was made and what the contracts said. If Telltale legally owes them money for their services and these people are in between jobs with no money. As much as i'd be depressed if Clem doesn't get an ending. Real life over games. Pay the voice actors and devs what they rightfully deserve.

But....... Episodes 3 and 4 tho.... ;) lol.

• Voice actors have been paid or at lest something

ZombieKenny posted: »

I'm not too up to speed on the linguistics of what deal was made and what the contracts said. If Telltale legally owes them money for their

• I agree. Really they shouldn't have announced or released a unfinished game for full 4 episode price knowing their company was on the verge of tanking. If they did that should have been what they paid the employees with and our part is done. I do hope the employees get their rightfully earned money but I honestly would be upset if we didn't see both happen. They really have 2 giant moral obligations. I'd hate to be their team right now.

Why are the consumers being guilted into this? We had nothing to do with the layoffs. I bought the season pass, I did my part already. Now I just need episode 3 and 4.

• So who's waiting their money? The art directors and designers? I'd have to know what kind of contract they signed too. I mean if they signed a contract that didn't legally obligate telltale to pay them then that's their bad as sad as the situation is.

donmike84 posted: »

Voice actors have been paid or at lest something

• edited October 2018

Uh, well, I'd be sad if the story didn't get a conclusion, but the safety and livelihood of the employees is more important.

• If telltale does finish the game its gonna be with another company s Money which cant be used to pay the employees im not sure how people still dont understand that.

• edited October 2018

All I gotta say on the matter (should be an image. 1st time trying)

It didn't work :/. Yea it'd suck for us as the gamers, but the people deserve there money more. So yes I'd be a little upset, but I know they need the money way more than I need Clem, life goes on

Sign in to comment in this discussion.