Don’t you think think their pushing you to be with Violet?

2»

Comments

• I think Telltale balanced it pretty well. Violet and Louis have about the same screen time in episode 2. Violet stepped up to be the leader, so she spent most of her screen time discussing strategies and building defense with Clem. To balance this, Louis has to show his presence too, so Louis greeted Clem at the gate and carried AJ when Clem couldn't. Later, we saw Louis check on AJ and give him new clothes. (Imagine if it was Violet who did these things, she would have too much presence and tilt the balance.)

Both Violet and Louis have some screen time during the preparation scene in the courtyard. Everyone was on edge because raiders hadn't shown up. Aasim and Willy got into an argument. Violet was angry too and she wasn't able to lighten up the mood. This is the scene where Louis redeemed himself. He apologized to Clem and later proved that he could cheer up everyone with a card game. So now both Violet and Louis have earned some points, we're given the choice to romance either of them.

The options are very well designed imo. They reflect both characters' personality. Violet is the leader and she's pragmatic, so she wants to check the defense. Louis is more lighthearted and he wants to have some fun while he still can, so he wants to play piano. So, basically you're picking a personality here. Who do you agree with more?

Overall, I think Telltale did a good job.

• while it was never a relationship, it was a fling

Wow, the sentence structure around that is kinda awkward.

it felt based of that they're around the same age and on that "he was a boy, she was a girl"- So in other words it felt like fanfiction to me and I think (along with people disliking Gabe) that's why people wasn't happy with it.

That's always what the bare basis of it was: People saw those two talking, somehow epicly failed at interpretting Eleanor's comment on it, and just jump to the conclusion with the grace of an Elephant in a swimming pool.
    And what made it perennially frustrating(aside from it constantly coming up everywhere and LOUDly) is the fact that someone at Telltale clearly saw all that and somehow thought, "What a cute idea--let's see if we can get this in there! For the Fans!"

I never actually saw that Kate could respond to the way he acts towards her. However, yeah I get it why she can slap him. It's just that as someone who actually liked Kate and did have Javi return feelings for her, the whole thing did feel forced though.

How so?

...Oh, you mean where Tripp and eventually David are concerned?

lottii-lu posted: »

With Clem and Gabe, while it was never a relationship, it was a fling but it felt based of that they're around the same age and on that "he

• I dont think it was actually pushed. It think might give that impression due to the fact that Violet´s character has not really developted in a organic fashion, she moves through the motions of the Death of Marlon, the fate of Minerva and then taking over as Overseer of the school a lil´too fast for my taste.

• That's kinda what I was feeling, honestly.

Ryousan posted: »

I dont think it was actually pushed. It think might give that impression due to the fact that Violet´s character has not really developted i

• Can't you just friendzone both of them and not be with neither of them.

• I'm gonna go ahead and ask: Do you mean as romance options or in general?

• edited October 2018

Nothing with vi is forced or pushed. I really hope this forum doesn't turn into the youtube comments section where a lot of people were complaining about most youtubers choosing vi and started to say the romance with vi is forced etc. It seems like that's what this thread is alluding to. Maybe this is a joke thread but if it isn't then that's unfortunate. The but it was forcefully pushed with team violet comment and the title of the thread makes me think it's a joke thread. Because there's no way anyone could actually believe that's true.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.