Kirkman makes joke about Clementine, says he "hopes the game gets finished"

Someone asked who he would put in the comics from the game and he said "definitely not Clementine" the audience booed him lol, he went on to say the whole telltale situation is unfortunate and everyone behind the scenes is working to get the game finished guess there's nothing official yeT

Comments

• Was this on that panel thing?

• Aaaand I'm guessing thats the only update we'll get on TFS from today

• The panel hasn’t started yet

Was this on that panel thing?

• Alright cool

Melton23 posted: »

The panel hasn’t started yet

• The TWD panel starts at 2:15 but his panel is on now

• edited October 2018

I'm glad Kirkman doesn't have much interest in bringing Clementine into the comics. Clementine's character just isn't designed for a completely linear story. The events of her past, much of her personality, and even her appearence varies depending on the decisions of the player. We saw what happened in ANF when Telltale chose to take her character in a more linear direction by ditching. # Iamclementine by condensing her open-ended character into a single personality and most people were not a fan. If Clementine was to be written into the comics not only would they have to get rid of her open-ended personality but they would have to also get rid of her open-ended past.

• The comics don't deserve Clementine.

Veeeee posted: »

I'm glad Kirkman doesn't have much interest in bringing Clementine into the comics. Clementine's character just isn't designed for a complet

• Looks like their schedules are way off.

• The discussion is in the first stream, not the one with Kirkman. The panel is over I think, all they talked about is Overkill TWD.

• I fully expected Kirkman to not want to bring Clem into the comics. If he does, he's stuck with her and he wouldn't want that. If he kills her, fans riot, and he likes to kill important characters from time to time so he couldn't do anything with her. At best he could make her a background character because those are mostly safe but again, fans would be pissed because any game fans that pick up the comics because Clem is in them will be annoyed that she's just a background character and not doing anything too important.

• Some walking dead characters should not be in the comics because with clemintine it's a loose loose

• Just how exactly can he bring her into the comics? I understand the fans reaction, but man, sometimes they fanboy something before thinking logically. Clem`s personality is heavily determined by our choices. If Kirkman brings her into the comics he will have to settle on just one personality and you will get the same result as with ANF. No one will be happy.
    And there is also a variety of different scars Clementine can get, how would he incorporate determinate scars?
    I think if he could bring a game character into the comic, it could only be minor side character, not determined by the choices. Like Molly. The way she leaves the group is determinant, but it could be left out, its not a big deal. She can drop a few mentions for the fans, like Crawford, Lee, etc. I personally would love to see Molly with her Hilda in action again. And seeing it on the comic book panel would be refreshing.

• much of her personality

Nah. Just because one can say 'savage' things it does not change their personality. That said, Clem has always seemed different with every season. Most mature in ANF, funnily enough.

Veeeee posted: »

I'm glad Kirkman doesn't have much interest in bringing Clementine into the comics. Clementine's character just isn't designed for a complet

• You're repeating yourself a lot these days. The probablility of people returning and Clem in comics you've probs said that 10 times by now.

I fully expected Kirkman to not want to bring Clem into the comics. If he does, he's stuck with her and he wouldn't want that. If he kills h

• I repeat myself a lot because the same topics keep coming up. OP's first sentence is about Kirkman saying he wouldn't bring Clem into the comics.

Ghetsis posted: »

You're repeating yourself a lot these days. The probablility of people returning and Clem in comics you've probs said that 10 times by now.

• He doesn't care about the game.

• Wrong.

Dex-Starr posted: »

He doesn't care about the game.

• STFU NOOB

He doesn't care about the game.

• "Noob"? I've been here before you. This is my backup. And you sound like you're stuck in 2014 using "noob" as an insult.

STFU NOOB

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited October 2018

Why isn't he doing anything to help finish the game then? Why is The Final Season's completion still in question then?

iFoRias posted: »

Wrong.

• He basically confirmed he'll complete her story in comic form if he has to but he said at this time he doesn't need to be concerned about it.

Why isn't he doing anything to help finish the game then? Why is The Final Season's completion still in question then?

• What the fuck do you want him to do ?

He said that everyone behind the scenes is working to get the game finished,and he literally said that he'll complete her story in comic form if they can't finish it.

• He basically confirmed he'll complete her story in comic form if he has to

That's kinda suckish. I know it's not his fault at all, but I didn't pay $20 to get 2 episodes and a few measly comic strips ending her story. He should just have another developer finish the game.

he said at this time he doesn't need to be concerned about it.

More like at any time, and that's because he doesn't give a fuck.

He basically confirmed he'll complete her story in comic form if he has to but he said at this time he doesn't need to be concerned about it.

• What the fuck do you want him to do ?

I want him to get off his fat, dismissive ass, and see to it that the game gets finished.

iFoRias posted: »

What the fuck do you want him to do ? He said that everyone behind the scenes is working to get the game finished,and he literally said that he'll complete her story in comic form if they can't finish it.

• You sound a bit like a petulant child throwing a tantrum. What would you have him do? Conjure up a studio and a couple hundred developers to finish it himself?

He basically confirmed he'll complete her story in comic form if he has to That's kinda suckish. I know it's not his fault at all, b

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited October 2018

You sound a bit like a petulant child throwing a tantrum.

I sound like a child because i'm very displeased with being robbed? I guess i'll go on time out in the corner then. No milk and cookies for me.

You sound a bit like a petulant child throwing a tantrum. What would you have him do? Conjure up a studio and a couple hundred developers to finish it himself?

• Robert Kirkman is a beta male

• We're all displeased with the current state of events but trying to hold Kirkman accountable for it is stretching things. His only involvement was saying "yes you can make this game" and approving their time jump into the future since anything they did would affect what he could do in the comics with those same areas at that that same point on the timeline. You trying to make him accountable, demanding he do something about it, is like demanding Andrzej Sapkowski do something about the Witcher games if they got cancelled because the games are based on his book series. All he did was sell the rights to make the games and wasn't involved in them beyond that. Same with Kirkman and TellTale's games. Aside from the aforementioned approval of TFS' time jump, he has no involvement with their production.

You sound a bit like a petulant child throwing a tantrum. I sound like a child because i'm very displeased with being robbed? I guess i'll go on time out in the corner then. No milk and cookies for me.

• Could he not ensure the completion of TFS with the snap of his fingers? Does he have absolutely no control over the situation? Couldn't he work his magic and get something going for TFS that doesn't come in the form of few comic strips?

We're all displeased with the current state of events but trying to hold Kirkman accountable for it is stretching things. His only involveme

• edited October 2018

No one needs to be blaming Kirkman for anything. He has had virtually nothing to do with this Telltale series so now placing the blame on him because the company that was in charge of Clementine went out of business is out of place.

And demanding that he makes sure a game gets finished that wasn't financially profitable enough to keep going anyways is a little silly. If the fans were there this game would get finished and more Walking Dead games would be made by Telltale. But the fans weren't there and that is why we are in the place we are in now.

• Apparently it's wrong for anyone to want the only person with the power to save TFS to take action. :/

• No. But try to play the game of thinking first and typing second.

Apparently it's wrong for anyone to want the only person with the power to save TFS to take action.

• Try playing the game of shutting the fuck up before I reach through my computer screen, out yours, and slap the shit out of you.

sony12 posted: »

No. But try to play the game of thinking first and typing second.

• I LIKE THAT

Try playing the game of shutting the fuck up before I reach through my computer screen, out yours, and slap the shit out of you.

I LIKE THAT

• Lol. Ooooh scary.

Try playing the game of shutting the fuck up before I reach through my computer screen, out yours, and slap the shit out of you.

• Cmon guys we're supposed to be brothers and sisters let's not get so cheeky with one another

• What the fuck is a book?

• And here we have a future moderator everyone...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.