If Kenny and Lee actually got the boat. How long do you think they would have survived?

Just pretend for a second in S1, Every single damn thing went according to plan. Lee never got bit. Clem never got kidnapped. Vernon never stole the boat. Kenny and Lee fulfill the prophecy and the all boatly one sails the seven seas yet again. Proud moment. The boat god voyaging the open ocean just as the heavens wanted it.

I mean, had boat god actually gotten the boat. I don't think their was anything he couldn't conquer. It's like connecting some holy grail prophecy. Pulling the sword from the stone. Ancient Mayan ritual. Kenny on a boat would have summoned a higher deity. A fucking demi god immortal to bless over all passangers. It's what was always meant. But that sick fuck Vernon ruined it all.

In your opinion, if Lee and Kenny along with Clem and Ben and stuff had made it to the boat, fixed it up, and sailed away. Do you think this would have lenghtened Lee and Kenny and Clem's life span or do you think they would have died even sooner?

Imo, I think Lee would have of course lived longer cuz the bite would have been avoided. I think Kenny might have lived longer then he did. But I think Clem would have died earlier, way earlier. By some sort of pirate raid. I think it was very much more dangerous for Clem. I think the open ocean waters would be much more unpredicatable and deadly then Lee and Kenny had predicted and I think other people who also had the idea of getting boats when the outbreak broke out would be living a life of pirating and attacking boats for resources as the open oceans don't have much in the way of them. It'd be kinda like the michonne story line.

Where Michonne is going on other boats or in houses trying to steal goods to survive a life at sea and other people like Sam do similar until they get caught. It's very dangerous life.

How long do you think they woulda lasted?

Here are my predictions

Lee- 2-3 years
Kenny- 5-10 years
Clem- No longer than a year.
Ben- No longer than a year

Comments

• None of them would last a year. Anygroup would kill them for it, and if it got damaged, then everyone would drown.

• Maybe things would be completely different like clem dies or all of em if the boat collapsed mid-ocean,hard to predict this but the game wouldn't be GOTY 2012 if that boat worked.

• edited October 2018

It depends on where they're headed. Russia might be a safe bet, as its cold, has a strong military, and a spread-out population; if there are walkers, they're probably a minimal threat. The boat ride over would be long and brutal though; they didn't even seem to have much planned out.

I agree that Clementine likely wouldn't survive long. Rain and cold ocean waters can't be good for a kid's immune system.

• Russia is over run according to a Russian Cosmonaut in mid season 3 of Fear The Walking Dead

Piggs posted: »

It depends on where they're headed. Russia might be a safe bet, as its cold, has a strong military, and a spread-out population; if there ar

• edited October 2018

If they cleared off a relatively small island of any walkers and IF cultivation was successful on said island they could literally live out their days peacefully and without worry. That said, I'm not convinced they'd survive the boat ride.

• Fear TWD takes place in the AMC universe, not the comic universe (where the game also takes place).

But yeah I believe they are overrun anyway

Russia is over run according to a Russian Cosmonaut in mid season 3 of Fear The Walking Dead

• i imagine a lot of gay boat secs

• The game would still be GOTY if the boat had worked. The game didn’t win those awards simply because Lee died at the end if that’s what you’re saying?

Maybe things would be completely different like clem dies or all of em if the boat collapsed mid-ocean,hard to predict this but the game wouldn't be GOTY 2012 if that boat worked.

• I see a lotta fish in that unused future

• No but Lee's death and the emotional impact that came from it had a big part of it.

The game would still be GOTY if the boat had worked. The game didn’t win those awards simply because Lee died at the end if that’s what you’re saying?

• They would survive forever cause Lee boii and Kenny boii are both alpha.

None of them would last a year. Anygroup would kill them for it, and if it got damaged, then everyone would drown.

• Yes but that is not the main reason for it being GOTY. The story, writing and relationship between Lee and Clem played a huge part in it along with the choice aspect of the game which was a fairly new gaming idea at the time i believe.

Obviously Lee’s death added to it’s success though yes

No but Lee's death and the emotional impact that came from it had a big part of it.

• 2 alpha males on a small boat? Sooner or later someone’s gonna be pushed off

Gamlock725 posted: »

They would survive forever cause Lee boii and Kenny boii are both alpha.

• A week tops? If they didn't die trying to get it into water in the first place. It was just such a ridiculous plan. Imagine the group actually hoarding themselves onto that tiny boat, standing still there for days, catching some fish if they're lucky while quckly dehydrating from the inability to find anything but salt water.

• edited October 2018

Not that long, honestly. I’d give them a week at most. They still have to worry about food, water, and fuel for the boat. Protection as well because as we’ve seen in TWD universe, there are communities that live off boats so if they get caught by a hostile group it’s most likely game over for them, and they also have to deal with the weather and the currents that can damage their boat.

• Was planning on ditching Kenny the moment it was time to set sail. Lee and Clem would've done alright for themselves.

• Da true Wellington ending.

GiantKiller posted: »

Was planning on ditching Kenny the moment it was time to set sail. Lee and Clem would've done alright for themselves.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.