Which Video Games Should Get an HD Remake

Ratchet & Clank (PS4), Crash Bandicoot: N Sane Trilogy, Spyro: Reignited Trilogy, and Resident Evil 2 is up next. So now let's discuss on which video games should get these kind of treatments. Personally, I like to see remakes of Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sonic Adventure, and The Longest Journey.

Comments

• The first Metal Gear Solid but I know it's not gonna happen because Konami doesn't give no fucks about making their fans proud since 2015.

Resident Evil 3. If RE2 remake becomes successful, there is no reason for Capcom not to remake RE3 as well.

Silent Hill trilogy. This could have been an easy way for Konami to bring their fans back, but instead, they turned the franchise into a panchiko machine.

• Sly Cooper won't get a remake because the games still hold up pretty well.

• Did the first Ratchet & Clank game hold up pretty well when the PS4 game was released? Did the original Crash and Spyro trilogies hold up pretty well when their remakes were released? And besides, a remake of the first Sly Cooper game could bring in new players.

iFoRias posted: »

Sly Cooper won't get a remake because the games still hold up pretty well.

• Don't forget about Hideo Kojima's departure.

AronDracula posted: »

The first Metal Gear Solid but I know it's not gonna happen because Konami doesn't give no fucks about making their fans proud since 2015.

• I can't say much but from his perspective, Kojima is glad that he escaped the prison and wanted to make a game he has been planning since Metal Gear Solid 2. I think he was sick of making the Metal Gear franchise and wanted to do something fresh and new.

matteso586 posted: »

Don't forget about Hideo Kojima's departure.

• edited December 2018

a game i wish had a hd remake would be a game back on the ps1 called chase the express the gameplay was great the story had substance only downside to it was the voice acting at times was exagerrated

• Galerians, I’ll forever have a soft spot for that game. But the license ran out a long time ago and the company don’t even make games anymore.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I would like to see Max Payne 1&2 remade in a newer engine, i really enjoyed the story for both those games but the old engine looks really bad compared to games now.

• Mass Effect 1. The game itself is decent, but it hasn’t aged well at all. There are tons of things they could change with a remake, such as the inventory, driving, and armor and weapon customization. I think a remake would sell very well.

• Super Mario Sunshine.

• I've been wanting a remaster of War of The Monsters for a long time. I've had dreams of it with better graphics, better combat, and better building destruction.

• The First Infamous game, it's awesome but when I replayed it for the first time on PS Now, I just noticed how awkward the cutscenes are in the game (Considering that it's using the animation from Sly Cooper games), the AI is just plain frustrating, when I roam around, I always come across a fight when I don't want to, the flying mechanics just suck (It's improved in the sequel though) and I think this game could use New Game+ because I hated started a new game just to be the beginner again.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.